Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: War Algorithm is Broken again! Please fix it!

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chang405 View Post
    I have seen my share of bad matchups and I have read of bad matchups. Just looking at the number of THs on each side, your current matchup puts you at a slight disadvantage, nothing more.

Since you stated that you don't even allow 0.5s to war I am going to assume all your THs have the big defensive weapons. And per your own words, you are matched up against an engineered clan so their THs won't all have the big defensive weapons. Given the number of TH11s and TH10s on each side I would say your war is winnable.
    Slight disadvantage?
    They have:

3 less th11s
    2 less th10s
    2 th7s and 2 th8's that may not be able to 3 star anything the enemy has

Sure they have a chance to win. Anything is possible, not everything is probable. They are at a disadvantage on 9 of their 20 accounts in war.

Warriors are OP
    Quote Originally Posted by ayih View Post
    Slight disadvantage?
    They have:

3 less th11s
    2 less th10s
    2 th7s and 2 th8's that may not be able to 3 star anything the enemy has

Sure they have a chance to win. Anything is possible, not everything is probable. They are at a disadvantage on 9 of their 20 accounts in war.
    I guess I’ll say this for the umpteenth time this thread. TH levels alone is not enough information. What does it matter if they have less TH11s if all the opponents 11s don’t have Eagles? What does it matter if they have less 10s if the opponents don’t have inferno towers? Get what I’m saying? There’s SO much more to it than number of town hall levels. If you guys can’t get that through your head then you’re always going to hate match making.

TH 11 | WW 109 | Heroes 45/45/20 | HT 6026 | WS 1334 | GG 1.7B | EE 1.9B | HH 17.5M | #V8LG20UV
    Credit to ClashofHolmes for the signature.
    Visit his shop here!

Warriors are OP
    Quote Originally Posted by Veraplay View Post
    I'm definitely irritated. Do you have a strategy so our TH 8 can 3 star their base 18 which happens to be a TH 11? Would you suggest dragons or hogs? I linked his picture in the main post so you can help our TH 8 plan out an attack strategy.
    A 3 star? No. But I didnít say 3. I said an 8 could handle it. Meaning the TH8 could at least get 2 stars from that base. Also, last I checked, you donít get only 1 shot at a base. Use the 8 to get what it can and find out whatís in the CC as well as where traps are. Then use a 9 or a dip attack from a 10 to finish it off.

TH 11 | WW 109 | Heroes 45/45/20 | HT 6026 | WS 1334 | GG 1.7B | EE 1.9B | HH 17.5M | #V8LG20UV
    Credit to ClashofHolmes for the signature.
    Visit his shop here!

Quote Originally Posted by xc3ss1v30n3 View Post
    I guess I’ll say this for the umpteenth time this thread. TH levels alone is not enough information. What does it matter if they have less TH11s if all the opponents 11s don’t have Eagles? What does it matter if they have less 10s if the opponents don’t have inferno towers? Get what I’m saying? There’s SO much more to it than number of town hall levels. If you guys can’t get that through your head then you’re always going to hate match making.
    So much this.

People need to stop crying about 'mah THs don't match' - there is far more to the game than that.

I'm definitely irritated. Do you have a strategy so our TH 8 can 3 star their base 18 which happens to be a TH 11? Would you suggest dragons or hogs? I linked his picture in the main post so you can help our TH 8 plan out an attack strategy.
    Why would they even attack it? Do you have a general war strategy? If your strategy is 'attack your number', then you may want to stop complaining about the matchmaking, because it isn't the issue.
    Last edited by Wympy; 6 Days Ago at 11:39 PM.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xc3ss1v30n3 View Post
    The enemy has 3 extra wardens; all 20 of their accounts have a queen.

OPs clan has 4 accounts without a queen.

Once the enemy takes out OPs bottom 4 with 4 total hits. They have 36 th10+ attacks for the remaining 16 bases.

OP clans have 8 attacks that may 3 star 1 base.

Leaving OPs clan with 28 th10+ attacks left

If that clan loses with that big of an advantage.... I way underestimated how bad some clans are.

Quote Originally Posted by ayih View Post
    The enemy has 3 extra wardens; all 20 of their accounts have a queen.

OPs clan has 4 accounts without a queen.

Once the enemy takes out OPs bottom 4 with 4 total hits. They have 36 th10+ attacks for the remaining 16 bases.

OP clans have 8 attacks that may 3 star 1 base.

Leaving OPs clan with 28 th10+ attacks left

If that clan loses with that big of an advantage.... I way underestimated how bad some clans are.
    Does it not matter to you what level those royals are? The OP didn't provide details so I am not sure why you are defaulting to the max royals hypothesis.

I have a Th11 and I can tell you a warden that is level 5 is a completely different animal than a max level 20 warden.

Does it matter if the other side has more "TH11s" if a few of them are of the 5/5/5 variety that can do no harm to Th10s and 11s?

The devil is in the details. And the OP didn't provide enough details for you to claim there is a BIG advantage for the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by Chang405 View Post
    Does it not matter to you what level those royals are? The OP didn't provide details so I am not sure why you are defaulting to the max royals hypothesis.
    Well to be fair the forum will grind to a halt if no assumptions are allowed.

Alternatively, anyone pointing out a bad match can put up their clan tag & update cocp.it info. All you need to do is put clan tag in the post (that's the most important part), helps if you go to cocp.it, find your clan, follow the directions to update info (involves briefly setting war log to "open").
    I know, that's crazy talk.
    Level 10 Adult War Clan METAMUCIL.
    And some of us are old enough that its not just a funny word...
    Metamucil keeps the red out of our logs. Small wars, great record, low pressure.
    War Record - https://cocp.it/clan/82GJJV2J

Back to back 40 man wars were we have come in with 31 th11, 8 th10, and a max th9. And we get matched up to 40 th11 with eagles and near max heros.
    I get using offshore coders allows u to increase profits but for the love of God use some on shore QA and maybe take some pride in what you release to the public.

It sounds like a bad match, but when you say things like how your th8 "Matched" a th11, it is naturally going to cause people to question your analysis, since your th8 didn't actually "match" a th11 and if you then go on to discuss it as though mirror attacking is a good idea and your th8 must 3 star the th11 it is matched with, that doesn't help (and maybe it can 3 star it, there is no way to know without actually looking at the defenses).
    Last edited by 2222; 5 Days Ago at 11:19 AM.
    Th11 here, several other accounts th8-10 (ok 6 more accounts, don't tell my wife). Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Some tips/thoughts on Legends here. Engineers aren't the problem, they are the symptom of a problematic matchmaker. My Legends hope: PvP 5500+ with attack limit, leave rest same, including usual legends from 5000-5499. Contact SC here