Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: War Algorithm is Broken again! Please fix it!

Quote Originally Posted by ayih View Post
    Broken again? War matchmaking has been steadily broken for over 2 years. At the current rate of these "fixes"; the war matchmaking will be fixed after our sun turns to a red giant in 5 billion years.

If they wanted to fix matching, they would have fixed match making by now. Throwing a teaspoon of water on a burning skyscraper maybe seem like a good photo op or publicity stunt. However it's not doing anything.
    This is the last update was fine. The wars we were having were fairly equal, and it looked like SC really had turned a corner on making matchmaking for fairplay clans more manageable. The clans we were facing had either 1 or 2 engineered bases and they weren't madly engineered, and some clans had NO engineered bases at all. The update seems to have reverted back to where it was.

IGN: FrankieFaceless
    Town Hall 11 Level 224
    Highest Trophies 5406
    "If you want justice, you've come to the wrong place."

Quote Originally Posted by Damiz View Post
    Blimey - ok breath a little.

Firstly, your pics do not give the full story. We know nothing about the full line up. It is impossible to judge whether this is truly a bad match up without that information. If you have any engineered bases in your line up then the system under the new algorithm will look to match you with another engineered clan.

All you have told is the TH lvl of the bases. Nothing more, That is not enough.

Secondly I never said anything about their TH10 and 11's matching against your TH7s and 8s - I just said more information was needed.

Thirdly, and this is a friendly warning, it is not the mods job to move threads as part of their daily routine. They do it sure. But if you knowingly start a thread in the wrong sub-forum then you risk an infraction. Just a friendly word of caution.
    If you're not affected by it you simply don't care. I've been around these forums since 2013 you just joined last year. Don't really care what you have to say. I'm trying to spread awareness so what you say is irrelevant.

Town Hall 11 Level 224
    Highest Trophies 5406

Quote Originally Posted by xc3ss1v30n3 View Post
    Yes, I've seen the pictures. But the pictures don't do anything but tell us TH level that you already told us. But, I think you're staring at that pretty TH11 in the middle of 18s base and not looking at the rest. Yes, it's mirror might be your TH7 or 8, but that TH11 is nothing more than a TH9 defensively. A good TH8 attacker can handle that base. That's why I've said that we need more information before anyone can truly say if, and how bad it's mismatched. Remember that offense is taken into consideration as much as defense.

Obviously, you're irritated, but you should probably dial it back a bit. We're trying to help you.

Edit: And, the information needed is something like this... https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...e-and-stuff%21
    I'm definitely irritated. Do you have a strategy so our TH 8 can 3 star their base 18 which happens to be a TH 11? Would you suggest dragons or hogs? I linked his picture in the main post so you can help our TH 8 plan out an attack strategy.

Town Hall 11 Level 224
    Highest Trophies 5406

Probably at work not working clearly. Doh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Veraplay View Post
    If you're not affected by it you simply don't care. I've been around these forums since 2013 you just joined last year. Don't really care what you have to say. I'm trying to spread awareness so what you say is irrelevant.

Who said I or rather my clan is not affected by it? But for what it is worth but me and my clan do care about the war mm.

And my joining of the forums is what is irrelevant my friend. I've commented on the war mm for some time now in numerous threads.

We all know it is not perfect and it won't be any time soon. But they are working on it.

As forumers we can only help if you provide the full picture which you don't wish to do.

There is not a day goes by that it is not mentioned in the clan wars sub-forum. Every man, his dog and the fleas on its back are well aware of the problems with the war mm.
    Last edited by Damiz; October 12th, 2017 at 11:53 PM.

I'm definitely irritated. Do you have a strategy so our TH 8 can 3 star their base 18 which happens to be a TH 11? Would you suggest dragons or hogs? I linked his picture in the main post so you can help our TH 8 plan out an attack strategy.
    Well that base will need to be handled by someone else... yeah, an 8 is going to struggle. Take it on the chin and continue to watch the changes. Our clan has been seeing some nice improvement. (Watch about 30 guys pipe in and say an 8 can kill that base... LOL)

I have seen my share of bad matchups and I have read of bad matchups. Just looking at the number of THs on each side, your current matchup puts you at a slight disadvantage, nothing more.

Since you stated that you don't even allow 0.5s to war I am going to assume all your THs have the big defensive weapons. And per your own words, you are matched up against an engineered clan so their THs won't all have the big defensive weapons. Given the number of TH11s and TH10s on each side I would say your war is winnable.

Banned
    Very bad match-up, hoping SC will create balanced algorithms in 2018

If there 19-20 have xbows then I would assume somewhere in the middle or top are lower WW than yours.

Iím not trying to get in an argument with you but you have th7-8s they donít, so if anything those are lowering your total WW to equal theirs.

As others have said you canít compare base to base in wars.

Is there any need for this kind of response yes i get that your angry about the war mm and and the bad match up but civility and manners cost nothing

If it is any comfort OP, I too am under the impression they recently changed something for the worse. We had had 17 or 18 (65% win rate) good wars when the first "iteration" dropped. The second "iteration" same deal (though doesn't seem like it lasted very long). And now currently....the last 3 wars, well you can't really call it a match. We still picked up 3 W''s because we have some good players and the opposing clan could not get the full potential out of their max troops (which they had way more of then us). All they did was drop 5 max hounds, spam loons, add warden, drop some spells and fail.

Just because they can't use them to the full potential, does not make it okay to give the other clan +5 wardens equating to +10 max th11 hits with similar defense (if not more).
    Last edited by SuperStorm103; October 12th, 2017 at 10:41 PM.
    DeathStorm-10|21/21|2090*|FireStorm-10|15/19|2110*|SuperStorm-9|10/14|2060*
    DragonStorm-9|4/5|1424*|PerfectStorm-9|5/7|1349*|BarkStorm-11|16/18/5|1300*
    BrainStorm
    -10|10/13|1367*