Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Event so far...thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by N1NJ4smurf View Post
    noc, how the fk do you manage so many accounts? i have two, and i haven't played my mini all event cos i'm flat out trying to get 9 wins in a day on my main

i'm starting to fall behind the curve on my main account somehow. i guess because i only had 2 maxed troops at BH6 and everything else was really low it's taking me a long time to get any other troops up to a useful level. when i hit a base that's really strong anti-air i don't really have another option, so i take the loss.

i'm with the guys who're finding it a bit too much. that's really my problem though - if i could let go the idea of losing loot then i wouldn't have to make sure i get all the attacks in. but i'd love to see a regular 12hrs cycle! that would keep me heaps more interested in playing BB more. that said, i'm guessing the want to keep BB as a mini game, so they might not do that.

i noticed something else... the more i play BB, the more gemming on the main base looks attractive. i suspect the high cost of gemming on BB is done deliberately, because it makes the TH base gem cost much more reasonable and tempts me to spend gems i usually wouldn't. well played SC, well played. good on them - the more ppl spend on the game, the more SC will continue to invest into it
    I’m the world’s most incessant, multithreaded multitasker. I watch a show with four tablets open, moving between each while binge watching Netflix (did “Mindhunter” the other night; not bad, BTW). When I record a video, I run a couple of attacks before, after, then in between rendering, creating the thumbnail, etc. I used to play during meetings (worked from home) as well.

Believe it or not, this isn’t even the high end of my game run - I used to play 21 on the main base. You just have to be super efficient, quick in and out, play multiple games at the same time...that sort of thing.

I’ve been letting attacks stack so I can get 6 wins at once on a game. This event has been tough and I’ve been spending the better part of the last 5 days just playing. I usually get three attacks in - one set stacked in the morning or evening, one single attack at the opposite. There was one day I totally missed an attack on my alts because I had a minor medical procedure done. Of course, being laid up last week gave me extra time. (It’s like my doc and SC planned it just for me!)

And the only place I’ve really done any gemming is on my primary because it had long running upgrades underway with half-to-near full storages when the event started. Well...that and I made the HUGE mistake of thinking I could put my Roaster down for the level 7 Upgrade 2 days into the event. Oh man was THAT ever a mistake. Tonight I gemmed the timers on some Night Witch upgrades using free gems on some of my alt games that finally passed 3000 cups. On one, I did goof and overflow the Elixir Storage by 200K; was totally distracted and forgot I wanted to wait until morning to run the 6th attack. I’ve done that a few times for a little (20K-50K), but this one was big so I’m grumpy about that ‘un.

My 3 Boom Beach games have been suffering so badly though....
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG20YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctaire View Post

And the only place Iíve really done any gemming is on my primary because it had long running upgrades underway with half-to-near full storages when the event started. Well...that and I made the HUGE mistake of thinking I could put my Roaster down for the level 7 Upgrade 2 days into the event. Oh man was THAT ever a mistake. Tonight I gemmed the timers on some Night Witch upgrades using free gems on some of my alt games that finally passed 3000 cups. On one, I did goof and overflow the Elixir Storage by 200K; was totally distracted and forgot I wanted to wait until morning to run the 6th attack. Iíve done that a few times for a little (20K-50K), but this one was big so Iím grumpy about that Ďun.

My 3 Boom Beach games have been suffering so badly though....
    I already finished all the side upgrades I wanted, so my secondary account is now leveling roaster to 7. It hurts because people can 100% me more easily. It goes through many losses, but I still get my wins in. Itís easier for me to manage since I only have 3 accounts

Best. Event. Ever.

Itís really help me catch up on my upgrades!
    I was a totally rushed player to BH7 and itís allowed me to get the things Iíve neglected up to BH5/6 level.

A real treat of an event!

Millennial Club
    since i have one account, its gettable for me

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrach777 View Post
    I already finished all the side upgrades I wanted, so my secondary account is now leveling roaster to 7. It hurts because people can 100% me more easily. It goes through many losses, but I still get my wins in. It’s easier for me to manage since I only have 3 accounts
    Man oh man can I ever commiserate. My alts have earlier versions of the Roaster and I put those down; they do ok with it down but lose far more. My primary game, though...that was an unmitigated disaster. My bases were ALL getting whacked left and right. Never mind the fact it was a max BH6 before I upgraded (sans walls); the competition over 4500 was just that fierce. I lost hundreds of trophies in the worst losing streak I’ve experienced in this game to date. It didn’t matter how well I did in the match either - if I three-starred, so did the other guy. It was early in the event, so maybe it’s gotten better since so many others are putting big defenses down now; I certainly wish you better luck than I had.
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG20YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrach777 View Post
    I already finished all the side upgrades I wanted, so my secondary account is now leveling roaster to 7. It hurts because people can 100% me more easily. It goes through many losses, but I still get my wins in. It’s easier for me to manage since I only have 3 accounts
    Oh. Thats a mistake unless you plan to gem it. Not because of the attacks with roaster down. That just take a little more time to attack.

The real problem is storage overflow. Its a 3.5 day upgrade (with 3 boosts a day). Without the event you gain almost 3 million gold in 3.5 days. With the event its more like 5 millions. You will need to gem it or overflow