Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Anybody here think clan wars is taken too seriously?

Millennial Club Thedudethatlikesyou's Avatar

Anybody here think clan wars is taken too seriously?

The reason I'm asking this is because I a clan member that didn't attack in war come back (I think he was kicked before) but then later on they told him to get out because he didn't attack in war in the previous war and then they kicked him again?

Jeez, does it really matter that much if someone doesn't attack, it's one thing if only a few people attack but if you lose the war because someone did not attack it's not the end of the world

I donít think itís about how seriously war is taken, so much as about if everyone is harmoniously on the same page. If we donít fit in with clan expectations, or we donít agree to them, then that isnít the right clan for us to be in. Staying there is likely to breed resentment, drama and end in kicking, as it did here. The answer isnít for people to be any more or less serious about war, but rather to communicate to all members what the clan expectation is - and promptly remove anyone who doesnít agree, or worse pays lip service to agreeing then goes off and does something else without offering a plausible explanation and apology.

My own clan isnít serious about war in the sense of must win/get streaks/only recruit and let war 3 star gods, but is serious on must try your best and do both attacks. So we would kick the person you describe.
    Last edited by Tomville; 5 Days Ago at 11:10 AM.
    Chapter One #22V00CGY Level 13 International clan
    We welcome strong TH10 and TH11 adult players with big heros for fun warring, maxing bases and some pushing. Active builder base, and must know where the donate button is!

There is an option to set yourself "out of wars" in the profile.

In our clan, we expect members to use that option. If you are available it means you are telling us you will make both attacks.

If you are red and we add you just because we needed an extra person, then attacks arent mandatory.

Also we expect members to participate in wars and not just stay on red forever. We are a war clan after clan. Thats how we handle it here. Hope it helps!

Well if he isn't attacking in wars and the clan requires everyone in wars to attack, then he is in the wrong clan. It all depends on how the clan views wars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saleh47 View Post
    I agree with OP. Either adapt to forums with people complaining or quit! Simple as that

Pro Member
    years ago..... it doesn't matter....
    nowadays.... it's pretty sure unless you're multiple accounts and then it doesn't matter....
    at least it's like this in ours....

after clear the lower...... we expect our 9/10 to open the trap and cc in the top bases... 2* is a bonus
    so every attack count
    Last edited by Alishr99; 5 Days Ago at 11:12 AM.

Millennial Club Thedudethatlikesyou's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Roas View Post
    Well if he isn't attacking in wars and the clan requires everyone in wars to attack, then he is in the wrong clan. It all depends on how the clan views wars.
    I am in a war clan and I do use both attacks in wars, I just asked this question because of that clanmate being kicked

Probably at work not working clearly. Doh!
    Not attacking in wars when you have opted in shows a complete lack of respect for your fellow clan mates imo. Others put their time, effort and loot into attacks so why should the rest not?

If you are not prepared to do both attacks then do not opt in. Simple.

Sometimes things in real life prevent an attack. That is acceptable. However if a player in our clan misses an attack without good reason he/she will be given a warning. If it happens again they are kicked.

It is not so much a case of being too serious. It is about being a team player.
    Last edited by Damiz; 5 Days Ago at 11:11 AM.

Pro Member
    don't forget that th9-10 usually cleared at first hit.... technically it's a big help for our 11 when the top bases already set off trap and cc

the best options is to share so when something goes wrong... there're others
    Last edited by Alishr99; 5 Days Ago at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roas View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Thedudethatlikesyou View Post
    I am in a war clan and I do use both attacks in wars, I just asked this question because of that clanmate being kicked
    What I was trying to say is. If you are in a serious warclan and forgets to attack, then you better bring your own death-certificate or else you will be kicked, if you are in a "we really don't care if we win or lose"-clan you most of the time can get by by saying "sorry, I missed the war" and people just say "Are you ready for the next one"

If a person gets kicked or not depends on what type of clan he is in....

.oO(Consider the statement it sends to the clan if the rest of the clan works really hard to bring home a victory and that person don't care to help out.)
    Last edited by Roas; 5 Days Ago at 11:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saleh47 View Post
    I agree with OP. Either adapt to forums with people complaining or quit! Simple as that

Quote Originally Posted by Tomville View Post
    I don’t think it’s about how seriously war is taken, so much as about if everyone is harmoniously on the same page. If we don’t fit in with clan expectations, or we don’t agree to them, then that isn’t the right clan for us to be in. Staying there is likely to breed resentment, drama and end in kicking, as it did here. The answer isn’t for people to be any more or less serious about war, but rather to communicate to all members what the clan expectation is - and promptly remove anyone who doesn’t agree, or worse pays lip service to agreeing then goes off and does something else without offering a plausible explanation and apology.

My own clan isn’t serious about war in the sense of must win/get streaks/only recruit and let war 3 star gods, but is serious on must try your best and do both attacks. So we would kick the person you describe.
    Exactly ^this. Well stated, and fits my clan's approach as well.
    Start Dec '12 | Hi Lg/Lv: Legend / 182
    Accounts:
    TH11Hi(720 Stars)|TH9Max(1335)|TH9Max(1325)|TH11Lo(1020)|TH10Max (770)|TH10Lo(520)|2TH9Hi (300+)
    "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time." Leo Tolstoy