Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Anybody here think clan wars is taken too seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Thedudethatlikesyou View Post
    The reason I'm asking this is because I a clan member that didn't attack in war come back (I think he was kicked before) but then later on they told him to get out because he didn't attack in war in the previous war and then they kicked him again?

Jeez, does it really matter that much if someone doesn't attack, it's one thing if only a few people attack but if you lose the war because someone did not attack it's not the end of the world
    Having people not attack in war can be back-breaking, honestly. Most clans have a strategy that is based on people attacking certain bases. If one person doesn't attack, it can throw off all the subsequent attacks in a snowball type effect. Though, I think all clans understand that life gets in the way of a game sometimes and will be understanding the first time, especially if the player can take the time to drop in and say, "sorry, I won't be able to attack." In our clan, we put the player on the bench the next war and until the player shows back up in chat so we know they're active. But, if it happens again, we boot without questioning.

TH 11 | EXP 200 | Heroes 45/45/20 | HT 6026 | WS 1575 | GG 2B | EE 2B | HH 20.7M | #V8LG20UV
    Credit to ClashofHolmes for the signature.
    Visit his shop here!

Jeez, does it really matter that much if someone doesn't attack, it's one thing if only a few people attack but if you lose the war because someone did not attack it's not the end of the world
    Yes, it does ... and if someone asks this question, I would kick him, too.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #23
    When you make yourself available for Clan Wars, and you are put into a War, there is usually an implicit amount of trust that the Clan is putting in you to make an effort to contribute towards your Clan's Warring. It is understandable if real-life issues can interfere with your War schedule (that's what bathroom breaks are for!).

Keep in mind, many Clans have strategies of which members will attack which enemy bases, and when that strategy cannot be fulfilled, it has the potential to cause the Clan to lose. It is especially frustrating when that loss is by one or two stars that could have easily been won if someone had made one or two more attacks.

Some Clans are more forgiving while some maintain strict competitive requirements for players. If a player cannot adhere to their Clans warring schedule and requirements, perhaps it might be best if that player looked for a Clan that has a much more flexible outlook. Or perhaps the player should let the Clan know if certain obligations might prevent them from warring at certain times.

As always, communication is key.
    "If his unpleasant wounding has in some way enlightened the rest of you as to the grim finish beneath the glossy veneer of criminal life and inspired you to change your ways, then his injuries carry with it an inherent nobility, and a supreme glory. We should all be so fortunate. You say poor Toby? I say poor us."
    - Sphinx, Gone in 60 Seconds

Some people just simply do not Mention Serious War Clan!
    As others have told. When you miss a war attack(provided you selected to opt in) You aren't respecting clan rules. When you do not respect the clan you are in. There is no point in staying/allowing someone in it.

One reason people resist change is that They focus on what they have to give up.
    Instead of what they have to gain.

Forum Elder
    if a th8 din't attack we don't mind, but if a th10 or 11 din't attack we gonna lose coz of that

Wars aren't that important, but rules are.

I.e. If A didn't attack on wars and wasn't kicked, then I can do whatever I want and throw the clan into complete chaos because it's not serious.

It's not that evident, but it usually reaches that point if everyone starts to break small rules here and there.

Either you have a yolo casual clan (usually the best option for people that know each other irl) or have a serious clan with rules. If you go the serious road, keep the rules at a minimum, but really enforce them.

This may sound a little weird for some people, but just because someone is a clan leader, it doesn't mean that he/she will behave as real world leader doing his full time job. Kicking people is a way to make the task a lot easier.
    TH11 - 45/45/20 - Max lab in MAR/18 (doing walls) | BH7 - PB: 4627 cups - at 4k-ish, no time for that.

I'd kick him. I'd kick myself if I didn't do my attacks.
    UltimateHamm #29VQUCPQJ: TH10 lvl 188 K40 Q40 gg 1.9 ee 1.9 hh 9.8
    Proud Parent of a United States Soldier 🇺🇸🎗
    In loving memory of my friend Mona 💕Cancer takes no prisoners

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #28
    Personally, I think it does matter. Sure it's not the end of the world, but neither is getting kicked out of a clan. The one resource in the game that I value above all others is my time. I'd definitely kick out someone who wasted everyone's time like that.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 14 - 517 Clan War wins
    TOGA Alliance (#LQJ9GR00): USAR, Adult ! AB, Second Fiddle
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Fan Content Policy

Pro Member
    The reason I'm asking this is because I a clan member that didn't attack in war come back (I think he was kicked before) but then later on they told him to get out because he didn't attack in war in the previous war and then they kicked him again?

Yeah it matters in the same way that keeping your word matters. If you opt in you’re saying I’ll do this. If you just don’t bother to get around to it for no good reason you’re lying to your friends who did bother to keep their word.

Its also a message to everyone in your clan about what’s expected. Not doing anything is akin to saying attacking is optional. Yes it’s a game, but most people I know don’t go out of their way to join losing clans.
    Last edited by STevil35; October 12th, 2017 at 02:56 PM.

Pro Member
    If you can't find the time to attack 2 times every 2 days for your clan. You have a lack of respect for others and you become an untrustworthy player. They should invite the player back just to kick them a 3rd time lol.