Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Anybody here think clan wars is taken too seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Damiz View Post
    Not attacking in wars when you have opted in shows a complete lack of respect for your fellow clan mates imo. Others put their time, effort and loot into attacks so why should the rest not?

If you are not prepared to do both attacks then do not opt in. Simple.
    ^^^ That ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Thedudethatlikesyou View Post

Jeez, does it really matter that much if someone doesn't attack, it's one thing if only a few people attack but if you lose the war because someone did not attack it's not the end of the world
    In a word- yes.

For starters, if a clan looks the other way when a person doesn't attack (assuming there wasn't a valid reason), then it happens again. And again. And then other mates start missing attacks, because hey, "alex the great missed an attack"...and so did "imdabest".

The next thing you know- the middle part of your sentence becomes the norm for the clan.
    Last edited by cnaf; 6 Days Ago at 11:28 AM.

Level: 182 | TH10 | IGN: cnaf11

Quote Originally Posted by ClashingOutOfControl View Post
    There is an option to set yourself "out of wars" in the profile.

In our clan, we expect members to use that option. If you are available it means you are telling us you will make both attacks.

If you are red and we add you just because we needed an extra person, then attacks arent mandatory.

Also we expect members to participate in wars and not just stay on red forever. We are a war clan after clan. Thats how we handle it here. Hope it helps!
    This indeed. If you are green and dont attack, it is your last war in our clan.

We win or lose as a clan
    I expect both attacks to be used.
    Do I take war seriously? I like to win but if everyone uses their attacks and still short on stars for the win I am ok with it
    MN ICE
    Clan tag #8UCRP8CL
    Lv10 clan

For me clan wars is about trying together as a team to win the war at the end of the day yes its just a game but if everyone is attacking win ,lose or draw then no problem but why should the clan on the whole suffer because one person doesnt attack that's why we have the opt in opt out rule so i totally agree with kickng that person out the clan for not attacking

I think someone not attacking looks bad on the leader, why continuously allow someone to war and they not attack. I bench people for not attacking 1-3 wars, unless they come back and say I was busy, or something came up, I understand life happens, but if you just don't attack and don't say nothing, to me that isn't taking wars too seriously, it is demonstrating control of the clan. You need to keep ontop of things, if one guy does it, whats stopping 3-4 people from doing it. If I were a member of a clan and seen someone doing this often it would frustrate me

Its very easy to OPT OUT if you cannot war
    Finally a LEGEND!!!
    Max Hero's
    MAX DEFENSE!! (minus new walls)
    Now just need to upgrade my golems and hogs

Forum rep says I am more popular here than in real life. I am a hoot. Wooooo
    The reason I'm asking this is because I a clan member that didn't attack in war come back (I think he was kicked before) but then later on they told him to get out because he didn't attack in war in the previous war and then they kicked him again?

Jeez, does it really matter that much if someone doesn't attack, it's one thing if only a few people attack but if you lose the war because someone did not attack it's not the end of the world
    It is just a game.
    I hate that logic.
    When I was in high school and we did one bounce volleyball, I hated it. And I was one of the girls that never played volleyball competitively anyway.

If there is a score, there is a competition. I will do all I can to win (fairly) or choose not to engage. But not halfway either way.

It is not the end of the world. But neither is the Red Sox losing in the playoffs or Team USA not making the world cup. I cannot compete on those levels. Doctors orders say I can never bounce a basketball in competition again with the number of shots I have taken to my head. So while others compete on a field of play, I compete now with a tablet.

Clash has provided me with whatever chemical is the hormone of competition. For exercise, I yoga and walk/run the dog. In real life I attend classes and compete with myself to write more and be a kind person.

This silly GAME has allowed me to find a way to compete in a harmless manner. Someone missing attacks... it happens. But if it happens even occasionally, then that person is not a fit in my clan. Especially if they apologize with an LOL. Yes, its a game, but my clan has chosen to be competitive, Anyone that does not believe the same is totally justified (It is a game) but don't harass me in global for my stars and don't join my clan.
    Last edited by Cilakila; 6 Days Ago at 12:55 PM.
    Ending threads one comment at a time.

Some soccer teams just play to have fun. And it does not matter if they win or loose.
    Others also play for fun, but for them fun means to do everything (allowed) they can to win.
    And yes, soccer is just a game like CoC.

It is similar with clans. You can select a clan taking war as serious as you do. If a soccer player just does not show up in a game or just stands around during the game and doesn't help to win, what will happen?

~Markus

Quote Originally Posted by Sukram65 View Post
    If a soccer player just does not show up in a game
    The rest of us gets more beer

Quote Originally Posted by Sukram65 View Post
    or just stands around during the game and doesn't help to win, what will happen?
    We get to call that player "goalkeeper" And we know who is going to pay for the beer
    Quote Originally Posted by Saleh47 View Post
    I agree with OP. Either adapt to forums with people complaining or quit! Simple as that

The reason I'm asking this is because I a clan member that didn't attack in war come back (I think he was kicked before) but then later on they told him to get out because he didn't attack in war in the previous war and then they kicked him again?

Opting into war is making a promise to your clan mates. Breaking that promise due to anything short of a hospital visits is a breech of trust. Unless it's a damn good reason that's insta kick in my clan. If you're a bit dodgy at keeping your word, opt out of war and go play checkers. IMHO