Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Guns For Hire

Guns For Hire

When you reach HQ 12, you will have the option once per week to either request a Gun For Hire (GFH) OR to be a Gun For Hire (but not both) among your task force members ONLY. If you tap on a base on your map there will be a new button beneath the Attack button that says "Hire". This will let the task force know that you want someone to attack the base for you. If you view your task force member list, anyone who has requested a GFH will have their name in red print. For lack of a better word we'll call them employers because they're hiring, essentially, a hitman. Normally when you tap on a member's name a button will pop up that says "Visit", but there will also be a new button that says "Accept Request" for any member whose name is in red print.

The rules:
    1) Once you tap the "Accept Request" button you will have been contracted as a GFH and will be able to scout the base that your employer has requested. If the GFH feels he can't beat the base then he can cancel his contract as long as he hasn't attacked the base yet, and the request will become available to the other task force members again. The employer can cancel his request at any time as long as nobody has accepted it.

2)
    The GFH will have up to 2 hours to attack the base before the contract is automatically cancelled and the request made available to the rest of the task force again. If it is cancelled (whether voluntarily or automatically) then the GFH is unable to be hired by that particular member until 24 hours have passed. This is to prevent trolls from indefinitely locking everybody (including the employer) out of the base. Any GFH whose contract was cancelled can still be hired by the other task force members during the 24 hour lockout.

3) If you have an active request (meaning either someone hasn't been hired yet, or someone has been hired but not attacked the base) then you will not be able to request a GFH for any other base on your map nor will you be able to be hired by any task force member. The "Hire" button on every base on your map as well as the "Accept Request" button on the task force member list will be grayed out, and tapping either of them will say "You have already requested for help!"

4) If you have been hired as a GFH but haven't attacked the base yet, then you will not be able to request a GFH for any base on your map nor will you be able to be hired by any other task force member. The "Hire" button on every base on your map as well as the "Accept Request" button on the task force member list will be grayed out, and tapping either of them will say "You have already been hired!"

5) A contract is fulfilled when the GFH has attacked your target base, or if you have attacked your employer's target base, which will start a 1 week cool down timer before you can hire or be hired by any task force member again. To find out how much time you have left, you must either tap on the "Hire" button on any base on your map or tap the "Accept Request" button in the task force member list which will display the time remaining.

6) You'll be limited to hiring a GFH who is no lower than HQ 12 and no more than 2 HQ levels above the HQ of the base you've requested. These restrictions are necessary to prevent an HQ 22 GFH from just demolishing the lowest HQ players. So if, for example, I am an HQ 12 player with an HQ 19 player on my map then I can only hire a GFH who is no higher than HQ 21. On the flip side, if I'm an HQ 19 player with an HQ 15 player on my map, I can hire a GFH who is no higher than HQ 17.

7) Each GFH will be given ONE opportunity to beat the base. He can scout it as many times as he wants but will only have one chance to attack it. If he fails then that's it. There are no second chances, not even the following week when he can be rehired. You can hire a different task force member the following week to attack the base that your previous week's GFH failed to beat though.

8) Guns For Hire is only available for members of the task force you are currently in. If you move to another task force then your one week cooldown resets. This is to prevent people from hopping to the strongest task forces to request a GFH. Also, you will not be allowed to leave a task force if you are currently a GFH. You must either cancel your contract or attack the base to be allowed to leave. There is a possibility that someone will accept your request, fire an artillery, then retreat which triggers your one week cooldown before you can hire or be hired again. This is where trust comes into play, just like how you have to trust your task force members not to do stupid op attacks, or to trust the people that you promote in your task force. The best way to ensure that you hire someone trustworthy is to first ask in chat if someone can beat an HQ __ base for you. Wait for someone to express interest and then send out the request.

9) Guns For Hire is only available for player bases. You cannot request a GFH for any NPC bases, operation bases, resources bases, mega crab, or any of the daily events.

10) The resources won from the battle will be split 50/50 between the GFH and the employer. RR statues will affect your half of the loot only. For example, if the GFH has a 30% RR and the employer has a 50% RR and the base awards 300,000 total gold, then the GFH earns 195,000 gold (300,000 * 50% * 130%) and the employer earns 225,000 gold (300,000 * 50% * 150%). However, no power stones and no prototype parts will be awarded to either person. Intel can be earned but is credited to the GFH since he put in the work. The GFH and the employer will each gain 1 VP if the base is destroyed.

11) If you are the victim of a GFH attack, it will be labeled in the defense log. Next to an attacker's name will be the tag "- GFH". This tag is necessary so that people aren't bewildered by extreme VP differences. Since VP is not taken into consideration at all in the GFH idea, you could possibly have an HQ 22 GFH with 1000 VP destroy an HQ 20 with 200 VP, and vice versa. The tag on the GFH will be a giveaway that you're not being severely mismatched in the normal matchmaking pool.

We all know turtling is a big problem in this game and has gotten worse as time has gone on with the VP wall dropping lower and lower. Although anybody of any VP is able to use the GFH, the whole idea is most beneficial to players who have hit the VP wall, whose maps are filled with turtles. Turtles will no longer be safe at their low VP when low HQ players can hire higher HQ players to beat the turtle for them.
    Last edited by Phoenix1027; October 19th, 2017 at 04:47 PM.
    https://forum-content.supercell.com/signaturepics/sigpic1628699_2.gif
    Boom Beach - Maxed and retired
    Clash of Clans | TH9 | BK 15 | AQ 20 |
    Clash Royale | Arena 8 | 60/80 cards |

I like it.+1 for me

Paragraph 6. No. The 2 Hqs above you limit MUST go!!!!

Put it simply, to many people end up with these super turtles on their maps. This is the perfect answer to that problem. I am an hq 22 with a max armory, i would more than happily demolish any base a tf mate needs demolished.

As for the 1 week cool down, i would say like an Op or daily chest make it a 24hr cool down. Maybe the requestor can only request once a week, but let the big gun go once per 24hrs.

Now a question for you.

Can a gfh attain a rb for you? I personally dont feel that would be fair.

Darn good idea though, this is one of the few ive seen that i would really like to see gain some traction.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenPete359 View Post
    Paragraph 6. No. The 2 Hq’s above you limit MUST go!!!!

Put it simply, to many people end up with these “super turtles” on their maps. This is the perfect answer to that “problem”. I am an hq 22 with a max armory, i would more than happily demolish any base a tf mate needs demolished.

As for the 1 week cool down, i would say like an Op or daily chest make it a 24hr cool down. Maybe the requestor can only request once a week, but let the big gun go once per 24hrs.

Now a question for you.

Can a gfh attain a rb for you? I personally don’t feel that would be fair.

Darn good idea though, this is one of the few i’ve seen that i would really like to see gain some traction.
    But then WE would become turtles in a sense. They get through the game by picking on the lower level guys. If we remove the HQ restriction then everyone is going to start picking on the little guys. Not fun that way and it's going to turn a lot of developing players away from the game. Plus leaderboard players will take advantage of this because they can get an extra VP by destroying the little guys.

I'm open to changing the GFH cool down but leaving the one week cool down for hiring someone. Maybe not every 24 hours, but possibly every 48 hours. And like I said, I don't want this to be a way for leaderboard players to get easy extra VP if they can do it every day.

No resource bases, pvp only.

Yea, 24hrs may be to often, and you have a strong point for the Hq req. i do think there needs to be a sizable leeway on Hqs though. I have guys in my TF at Hq 16 with Hq 22s on there map, these are the ones that..(idea)

Ok how about the base that needs clearing must be within 2 HQs of the GFH? Does that work better?

As for VP, i would think on a GFH attack no VP is awarded to the GFH, and only 1vp for the requesting player.

In my opinion this is a big boost for end game players, this feature would give them something more to help keep the interest in the game. I remember being a lower level myself, i used to love when the Big Guys in my Tf would post replays...man i could not wait do what they could do (drool on keyboard). Dont you remember being in awe watching their battles?

Yea, 24hrs may be to often, and you have a strong point for the Hq req. i do think there needs to be a sizable leeway on Hq’s though. I have guys in my TF at Hq 16 with Hq 22’s on there map, these are the ones that..(idea)

Ok how about the base that needs clearing must be within 2 HQ’s of the GFH? Does that work better?
    The reason I don't want people to be able to do this too often is because I want this idea to encourage task force loyalty. If the cool down reset every day (I'm starting to second guess every other day now too) then it opens this up to a new hopper network of hitmen. I want this idea to be for the task forces whose members stick around for the long haul.

I think you misunderstood my OP because I was suggesting that there should be no HQ restriction
    between the GFH and (for lack of a better word) the employer. The GFH is hired to kill the base and the employer is the one who puts out the request. There is NO restriction on the HQ difference between the employer and the base he wants destroyed, but he can only hire a GFH who is no more than 2 HQ levels higher than the base he wants killed. So if I'm an HQ 12 and there's an HQ 19 base on my map that I need gone then I can hire someone who is as high as HQ 21 to take it out.

As for VP, i would think on a GFH attack no VP is awarded to the GFH, and only 1vp for the requesting player.
    VP must be split evenly because every single player base in the game awards 2 VP. We can't change the system so that suddenly these pvp bases killed by a GFH only award 1 VP.

In my opinion this is a big boost for “end game” players, this feature would give them something more to help keep the interest in the game. I remember being a lower level myself, i used to love when the “Big Guys” in my Tf would post replays...man i could not wait do what they could do (drool on keyboard). Don’t you remember being in awe watching their battles?
    Agreed. Task forces are the best part of the game and this will expand the social aspect that has been neglected for too long.
    Last edited by Phoenix1027; October 12th, 2017 at 05:27 PM.

Interesting and well thought out. It reminds me a bit of the old mercenary for hire idea, but perhaps less complex and easier to implement.

Fresh Spawn
    I really like this idea. But i think you could be GFH every 72 or 96 hours only. I think 48 hours is too low..
    But overally really good idea. As im HQ 18 and if i see HQ 20 or higher on the map i cant defeat them, so this would be really good and cool feature 👍

New Bloke/Chick
    I like this, but I think if the GFH fails, they should be compensated for the troop trainging cost.

Every time I see started by Phoenix I always open and read the whole thing lol

+1

Check out my big idea!-
    The Return Zhao including TF vs TF battles!
    I Lead this Task Force - BIA: Firelion-Join up!