Thread: Songs you thought you'd never hear again

Songs you thought you'd never hear again

My jobs requires me to go to different retail establishments, so I hear various types of music all day long. I do not know music lyrics or music artists all that well but I can remember some here and there. Not too long ago I heard the.....
    Song-Informer
    Artist-Snow
    I honestly thought I would never hear this song again especially the place where I heard it at. It was at a local grocery store that is more directed towards older people and there is an assisted living facility down the street.
    And today at the same store I hear the
    Song-I kissed a girl and I liked it
    Artist-I do not know who sings it

I kissed a girl is sung by Katy Perry.
    Sorry for bad English

So, if I understand your post correctly, Alyssum, you are saying you heard the song “I Kissed a Girl” by (thank you, hobbitly) Katy Perry in a grocery store that tends to have “older” customers. It was a song that you never expected to hear again. I interpret that to mean the song was out of fashion and would no longer be played.

Interesting.

I am definitely “older” as are a number of other farmers here in the forums. I recognize the name Katy Perry, but I could not name or recognize any song she had ever sung. I could not have told you that she is a singer rather than a celebrity of some other type.

What I can say is that songs and musicians who are really fabulous and have great lyrics never go out of style. I live in a college town and the music I hear the most frequently in shops and restaurants is stuff from when I was a teenager—the Beatles and an array of other artists from the 60s.
    Last edited by MiniGardener; 1 Week Ago at 12:08 AM.

Farm Level 106 | Town 33 | Achievements 131/132

MiniGardener, I am probably closer to your age than the 20yr olds of today. I wasn't truly shocked by the kissed a girl song but the informer song I thought for real I would absolutely never hear it again in my lifetime. I was in college when that song came out. And the artist Snow is not one of those "fabulous" musicians. And to hear it where I heard it caught me completely off guard. Becausei do not frequent shopper at hot topic or forever 21.

I had to look up the song Informer, haha, that is some very old stuff. Im not surprised they air it in a supermarket, cause its an old song. We dont have Forever 21 or hot topic over here, but wouldnt it be more obvious if they play more current music there?
    Sorry for bad English

'I kisses a girl' doesnt play as much because her 'roar' ,'california gurls' ,'teenage dream' ,'ET' , 'firework' and 'dark horse' were all bigger hits so when an artist is chosen, their bigger hits will play first.... I suppose its chosen to be played as it was her first ever single.

(i would probably die the day i stop following everything that fresh and hot in the music industry)

i think todays biggest hits should be played more often in places where older people are because it will not hurt them to connect with todays youth...

i mean if someone from the 80s asks me about some song i might know it because i listened to many of those as tribute to Madonna but at the end of the day it really makes me feel old listening to anything past 2007...

that being said Katy is amongst the 6 biggest female singers of the past decade (alongside Taylor swift, beyonce, adele, ariana grande and miley cyrus) so her songs as well as herself never go out of style or old (yes, as a Taylor Swift megafan it does hurt to praise Katy lol )
    Last edited by Rivaille; 5 Days Ago at 12:33 AM.
    LEVEL 137 -- KIK - 1989Light
    The world goes on another day another drama drama
    but not for me not for me all i think about is karma
    and then the world moves on but one things for sure
    maybe i got mine but youll all get yours!