Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is Clash Royale killing Clash of Clans??

Quote Originally Posted by coconut2 View Post
    I'd say no as well, Everything i've read says they have different teams working on each game. Whether SuperCell prioritise CR over CoC in terms of resources i don't know. Maybe CR is easier to introduce new content to without unbalancing the game?
    I wonder too. I guess they just get more funding.

Quote Originally Posted by frankie666 View Post
    I don't play CR. Not interested in it at all. What I have noticed is that apparently some of the troops we have in CoC came from CR. I know there are two different developer teams for these games. Is the development team for CoC so unimaginative and lacking in creativity that they have to take things from CR? Do they not have a single creative idea left?
    They are dry of ideas. They done! I love the game and never play royal. But they get updates like every other week. New cards every month. How they could managed and the COC team canít? Or itís B.B. that is taking all their time?!!

I play CR when I have dead time, but I'm not terribly into it. Frankly, sometimes it feels like more of a chore. COC on the other hand I have played for years, and at least as it relates to clan wars it is something I enjoy.

I think OP's question is entirely fair, after all, both games are part of a portfolio owned by one company, and it would be somewhat absurd to believe that resources allocated to one are somehow not impactful to the other.

Regardless, and fwiw, as an end user who plays both games CR feels like it updates at breakneck speeds, and there is always something new around the corner (new cards, lvls, challenges, now quests, etc.). COC feels like three things change periodically (1) new levels to existing offense and defense, (2) tweaks to matchmaking, and (3) social/usability improvements. Rarely if ever is there any new content though. And almost as infrequently are there new offense/defense units. The effect, for me, is that the game feels stagnant and neglected, while CR feels like it sucks up all of SC's quality attention. Also, I still dont get night village and why the new units added there can't just he added into the regular game.

Again, just one end user's pov. I still enjoy wars and am not planning on quitting anytime soon ... I just play much less than I used to..
    Last edited by Ahem; October 9th, 2017 at 10:21 PM.

I like BB friendly challenges. Everything else either I don't care or I don't like it. For me it was dissapointing.
    I deleted Clash Royale a year ago, I am reinstalling it now (I will have a surgery in my knee and I will have to stay in bed for more than 1 week, therefore I need a game that I can play).

Edit: In case you don't know, CR dev team was made partially by some of the people of the COC dev team. They are now 2 different teams since then, but it seems CR took some of the smartest guys of the COC team.
    Last edited by Kalos; October 9th, 2017 at 10:45 PM.

Banned
    Hahaha today clash royale killed itself with the quests update

When CR was released I all but quit playing CoC. However, I completely quit CR after about 12 months.

No, cr isn't killing coc. Because there are still so many players playing coc and sc can't put more attention to cr. Caus there are different developers to develop coc and cr

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WitherSoldier64 View Post
    Hahaha today clash royale killed itself with the quests update
    ?

If anything, my clan appreciate that update.

Dunno what you're talking about.

Centennial Club
    I think clash is a good game. I think builder base is over kill. It takes focus off main town hall. (Original game) I believe if they would drop fresh updates from th1 all the way to th11 it would help. But again in my opinion builder base takes some juice from a other wise great game... Match making is a issue also. But that thread is out there .