Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is Clash Royale killing Clash of Clans??

I'd say no as well, Everything i've read says they have different teams working on each game. Whether SuperCell prioritise CR over CoC in terms of resources i don't know. Maybe CR is easier to introduce new content to without unbalancing the game?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSov View Post
    I do not know exactly the reason why I am writing this thread but I suppose that I have to release my feelings right now after this incoming update (many psychologists recommend this technique) and I want to know your feelings and ideas about my question.

I mean, when I ask you this question is due to SC is putting a bit/ a lot / all their attention in CR instead of COC?

Maybe Darian could read this and take note how you are right now too.
    Interesting question. I'm slightly surprised that nobody forms the view that CR has been detrimental to Clash of Clans (I appreciate this is a different question to the one OP asks).

Some may remember that when CR was released, all (or at least a significant part) of the 'old' Clash of Clans team moved across to the CR team. After this, in my opinion, the Clash of Clans development slowed down significantly and became a lot less creative. I appreciate this is subjective and this is purely my own opinion.

Maybe the question OP should have asked is, 'did the decision to move all/part of the 'old' Clash of Clans team to CR have an adverse effect on Clash of Clan?'

Banned
    YES, CR is better then coc as they release new cards monthly and monthly balance changes and lot more competitive environment

Quote Originally Posted by NomanRaghib View Post
    I too believe that clash royale players are getting numerous updates time to time.They often enjoy new features and new troops.
    This month too they got huge update but we didnt get as expected.
    One more point.Who cares donation troops going from here or there.It is just childish update.
    No offence supercell.Will enjoy clash of clans always however it is.
    The teams working on COC and CR are completely independent on each other and different. Just because they get updates more often it doesn't mean SC is neglecting COC (in terms of updates), they might just be working quicker xD
    | Jao™ | TH11 | Level 178 | Maxed TH10 Defense | Royals 40/41/5 |
    | 5396 Cups | PB #195 Germany
    | 1 Person Clan: #LVQP0VV0 | Clan War Hater |

Quality over Quantity my friend.

I do not know exactly the reason why I am writing this thread but I suppose that I have to release my feelings right now after this incoming update (many psychologists recommend this technique) and I want to know your feelings and ideas about my question.
    Psychologists tell you to write stuff down and not to post said stuff online.

No, CR isn't killing CoC because CoC mades enough money on it's own, which is enough to keep it up and running. If stuff happened the way you've described, CoC would have killed Boom Beach a long time ago. Maybe some games take more time to get stuff done with the "small team" mentality compared to others (no base design + simpler pathing on CR, i.e.)

What a game market analyst could tell you is how better it is to spend ad money on CR instead of CoC (if that's the case), i.e, but I'm not that guy and I don't have the internal data.

Talking about psychology, imo, SC really should consider hiring a designer (they don't seem to hire those, accordingly to one of the intervews) or at least someone with a deep knowledge of players' psychology, to avoid things like december/15 update (made the game less casual friendly); october/17 update (makes people expect th-focused update soon, delivers small tweaks and more BH content).
    TH12 - Max heroes, max walls (hitting master league bases, GiBoVaWitch, sometimes collector raids, sometimes QW, mass goblins during the first month-ish of th12, mass miner when that got old, nothing to see).
    People keep using the word "adapt" after big updates. Not adapting worked maybe too well for me, tho.

No clash royale is a different game clash of clans is a different game

#WeAreForumersNotRedditers

No SuperCell is.

I mean, when I ask you this question is due to SC is putting a bit/ a lot / all their attention in CR instead of COC?
    No harm releasing the hieroglyphs from within your cranium onto the keyboard for the world to see what you were thinking about.

But in answer to your question, no, Clash Royale is not and will not kill Clash of Clans in any way, shape or form.... unless something drastic and unpredictable happens!

Pro Member
    I don't play CR. Not interested in it at all. What I have noticed is that apparently some of the troops we have in CoC came from CR. I know there are two different developer teams for these games. Is the development team for CoC so unimaginative and lacking in creativity that they have to take things from CR? Do they not have a single creative idea left?