Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: SC doing something they said theyd NEVER DO... Privacy - show online

Probably at work not working clearly. Doh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alishr99 View Post
    while it's look like that... we should start at the beginning
    at the start it's more or less a personal / clan / friend problem
    it's something that doesn't affect any game play experience

then.. it become a long and longer non sense
    even op is no longer here
    it's just for people who like to write and arguing
    even for data research just for a game
    The forums are here so that we can have a sensible discussion and debate. The issue which OP raised is something which clearly a lot of players have an interest in. It matters not if the OP is no longer taking an active part in the thread.

There are only a handful of people in this thread who are arguing for the sake of arguing. The rest are taking part in a constructive debate.

In quite a number of posts now you have referenced this debate as being nonsense and other unhelpful terms. You add very little really to the debate.

A lot of players have given their reasons for wanting to have an 'invisible' mode yet you simply dismiss them without actually providing many constructive arguments in reply.

But if you feel the thread is simply for people who like to argue then would it not be wise for you to stop taking part in it unless of course you are one of those looking to just argue for the sake of it?
    Last edited by Damiz; October 18th, 2017 at 08:49 AM.

Millennial Club
    maybe I'm just curious to the new kind of privacy here

the questions is always how much player feel bad with this

is it affect the game itself
    is it affect income

and.... found out op is the same person in complaint thread clan war

don't worry... I'm out

the idea of the switch is completely pointless
    the only reasons are
    they don't want to donate
    they don't want to chat
    they don't want to help other classmates improve their skills
    not to mention how is you being in a list of how many people are online in the clan a breach of privacy
    your classmates only know who you are once you chat

Quote Originally Posted by silversnake33 View Post
    the idea of the switch is completely pointless
    the only reasons are
    You are sure those are the only reasons? I'm sure there are other reasons if you read through this thread and the sister-thread

they don't want to donate
    Most seasons I donate 40-50k troops, but if people don't want to donate, why do you keep them in your clan anyway?

they don't want to chat
    If that is required in your clan, then kick those who don't want to chat.
    I want to chat, when I got time for it (That is usually 1-2 hours every day) But at times I just want to be in zombiemode and be just me raiding while unwinding after a workday

they don't want to help other classmates improve their skills
    I gladly help other players, if they just ask. I got no issue with that. Hell if they need, I would even go on "Twitch" so they can see every thing in between the attacks as well. (But I want to decide when I want to be online to give that information away.) I still post a lot of replays, and so do the other clan-members.

not to mention how is you being in a list of how many people are online in the clan a breach of privacy your classmates only know who you are once you chat
    Why do you want to control how other people play the game, if they don't want to be visible, then let them. If that is against how you want to run your clan, then kick them. It is easy to make a rule for the clan that you can't be invisible and be a member of your clan. (I would even give a thumps up if Supercell made toggle so a clanleader can set it as impossible to be invisible in that clan.)

This way everyone gets what they want, right?
    Last edited by Roas; October 18th, 2017 at 02:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saleh47 View Post
    I agree with OP. Either adapt to forums with people complaining or quit! Simple as that

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    My work time is 9 hours/day but I end up working 11 to 12 hours. Any actions I take(Shouting/Hiding/Ignoring work/Not finishing work on time) That's gonna affect my Professional Carrer. So I said Emotions does not work in a Professional Life.

I Had my boss and few colleagues from workplace who play Clash were on my friend list, I removed them after the update(Online feature).
    It does not mean I don't talk to them I do chat and have a sip of tea during Tea breaks. and have a beer during weekends.
    Relationship or Work?. It does have an option of removing/adding people. If you don't wanna be watched by someone you can just remove them.
    (By the way why to be in such a relationship..? if your partner does not trust you, Or hate something you love to do)

There is no wrong in that. And one who is a friend/Gf/Bf they'll understand and believes what privacy means and he/she ain't gonna shower a hate towards you.

It all depends on how you manage. If you are courageous to speak up saying I don't want you to see when I'm online/offline. It's all in your Favor.
    As one of Clash Quote. "You can play this game However you want to."
    You're not even reading anything I've said. You can't tell who is watching you so you can't delete specific people if you don't want them watching- also the only way to delete anybody on game center without deleting them all is to have an old iOS on a device still. You also can't remove people in your clan as they can still see you attacking and some people are in clans with people they don't always want them to know they're available or attacking. Should people really have to leave a clan? Emotions do effect your professional life as well you're just not understanding life- coworkers or bosses can get in trouble if they are making your life a problem.

Also your idea of what a relationship should be like are also not important to other people. Just like Facebook causes a lot of unnecessary relationship drama sometimes this feature could too as well. some people get mad if they feel ignored when they see somebody online- or might get mad somebody is playing while at work or too much at home or anything. Why make that spying possible with no off button if it wasn't in the game at the start? We had a guy even leave our clan a long time ago because he didn't like his wife knowing he was playing during work.

Anyways your thoughts on the matter about how you would do something are irrelevant- if it's bothering other people and doesn't effect you you have no reason to be taking a side against them. It's pretty obvious to anyone with social skills this kind of change being non optional was going to make some people unhappy. And if you really want to watch people you'd still be able to. Personally I won't even watch people anymore knowing I'm not sure they want to be watched- if it becomes optional I'd use it way more meaning i wouldn't feel like a stalker that might be annoying somebody.

This reminds me though of when global was completely unsuable because it was almost entirely Indian kids looking for girls and people on here would say - you don't need to use global or it's your choice to go there! Luckily they fixed global to a large degree and ignored you guys who simply come on here to tell us it doesn't effect you so it shouldn't change.

Learn to have some empathy and realize life isn't just about you.
    Last edited by JackKerouac; October 19th, 2017 at 03:32 PM.

Banned
    SC should have the option to OPT OUT of this. Showing when we are online infringes on our privacy. SC has said they would never do this and its new so let people decide if they want others to know if theyre online or not.

Why do people think that this is such a big issue? It's not like they're releasing your location.
    17 Accounts
    Clan Wizard Inc. #YG2CLCLG, Lvl 6
    Main Account Lvl 109 TH10, Heroes 20/17, 616 War Hero, Trophy Best 3568

Quote Originally Posted by CoCRules2478 View Post
    Why do people think that this is such a big issue? It's not like they're releasing your location.
    Exactly...why do people care so much about others (who were given permission by you) knowing that they are online playing a SOCIAL game?

What are you doing with your time in the game that you need to be anonymous for???

#creepers

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alpal View Post
    (who were given permission by you)
    I don't remember haven given permission to all my clan mates. In fact, I didn't even choose to be with each of them. Friends is one thing, clan mates another.

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickV View Post
    I don't remember haven given permission to all my clan mates. In fact, I didn't even choose to be with each of them. Friends is one thing, clan mates another.
    So...you join a clan and go to war with mates you may or may not know- that's OK. Launch a war attack, and mates you may or may not know fill the spectator slots and watch you? That's OK.

Run a multiplayer raid, and the same mate that watched both your war attacks happens to see it...and now all of the sudden it's a problem?

ETA- I get that there are lots of different reasons why players don't like this feature, and everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I just think that some of this is getting blown out of proportion...simply for the sake of having something to gripe about.
    Last edited by cnaf; October 19th, 2017 at 08:36 PM.

Level: 187 | TH10 | IGN: cnaf11

retired