View Poll Results: Do you think that Hog Rider needs to be nerfed?

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Hog needs an urgent nerf!

80 57.14%
  • The Hog should be nerfed IMO,but there are more important cards to look at.

22 15.71%
  • I haven't decided yet.

0 0%
  • Even though a tweak to Hog would be understandable,I think he should be left as what he is.

20 14.29%
  • Hog certainly doesn't need a nerf,otherwise he would be killed.

13 9.29%
  • Hog needs to be buffed!

5 3.57%
Page 177 of 184 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 1836

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: The One and Only 'Hog Rider Discussion' Thread

New Bloke/Chick
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrmmph View Post
    Buildings are a direct counter to hog. Just like. Gob and other direct targeting cards, only they work better against hog.
    I think you are a hog player...if you think so then play with building decks....i think you will realise eventually how wrong you are...hog is never used alone ...alway club with knight or fireballs...and not all deck are building type...some have elixer collector and who will play elixer collector to distract a hog...cannon and graveyard are low health easily get destroy kaboom!! and hog hitting your tower that not the problem with giant its slow thus gives time to stop...but hog is very fast...and hog deck are mostly 2.8 or 2.8 at max 3.1 so fast cycle...thus, opponent needs to cycle fast to place defensive buildings...hence they are not hard counter alway..and in case of troops only mega knight and pekka are there which can counter it..that too pekka is slow hence hog will get one hit...also to remind mega knight and pekka are 7 elixer card 7 for 4 negative elixer trade...i am also a hog player..and it op i realize but still use it because it helps to climb high easily...i don't have any problem because i have mostly all cards max ...and can use deck which are overpowered at that time...but i can see what other player have to face...because they can't get all cards max..

Centennial Club
    Then y dont u tell them to max the other cards? Its easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noloss View Post
    I think you are a hog player...if you think so then play with building decks....i think you will realise eventually how wrong you are...hog is never used alone ...alway club with knight or fireballs...and not all deck are building type...some have elixer collector and who will play elixer collector to distract a hog...cannon and graveyard are low health easily get destroy kaboom!! and hog hitting your tower that not the problem with giant its slow thus gives time to stop...but hog is very fast...and hog deck are mostly 2.8 or 2.8 at max 3.1 so fast cycle...thus, opponent needs to cycle fast to place defensive buildings...hence they are not hard counter alway..and in case of troops only mega knight and pekka are there which can counter it..that too pekka is slow hence hog will get one hit...also to remind mega knight and pekka are 7 elixer card 7 for 4 negative elixer trade...i am also a hog player..and it op i realize but still use it because it helps to climb high easily...i don't have any problem because i have mostly all cards max ...and can use deck which are overpowered at that time...but i can see what other player have to face...because they can't get all cards max..

New Bloke/Chick
    Most of them have realized that hog is op and hence will be nerfed in next update ..and if not then supercell is not giving any importance to forum....booo well this name really suite you haha ; Well not all players are pay to play so its difficult to get all cards max....don't see game only from your view... But as a overall then you will realize what F2P players are facing...

just nerf the dumb hog
    Clashing every day, unless I run out of data.
    Tornado should be 4 elixir #CR4LIFE Have a great day!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Noloss View Post
    I have used hog. I am not currently using hog. I am using IT.

a hog nerf for Christmas? its a nice present for the balance

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GQveracity View Post
    It's posts like these that unfortunately go unseen because hog rider defenders keep flooding this thread with insults and repeated arguments. So I'm bring these good posts to light chances are they will get buried as the hog rider defenders write arguments that aren't even related to the post.

Regarding the post yes supercell does nerf cards on usage rates. This is why they nerfed the mega minion twice.

Here is supercell reason (facts) not opinion facts:

"Aside from the reduce attack speed, Mega Minion also got an overall damage decrease which affects the troop's DPS overall. These nerfs however, were to be expected considering that the Mega Minion is deemed to be one of the most efficient 3-Elixir cards in the game. Mega Minion is also one of the most overused troops in the competitive game. With the nerf, this opens a lot more diverse decks in the game."

Let's take another example hog rider nerf back in June 2016:

Supercell reason is as follows:

"Hog Rider is currently the top choice for tower destruction! While we really enjoy seeing more offensive and action-packed games, we’d ideally like to see a bigger range of offensive cards used. The first step to achieving this is toning down the Hog Rider a notch. The second step is making some of the lesser-used offense cards more enticing."

Mega minion was nerfed twice back to back in order for the usage rates to go down. Exilir pump also was nerfed because it's user rates.

These are facts not opinions. We may not like the truth but it's facts.

It is clear from the credible data, the masses of the community asking for a hog rider nerf, a sticky thread that's right a sticky thread (with yours truly appearing on the top of the page every day for the longest) that's dedicated for hog rider balance.

It can't get clearer than this that the hog rider is in dire need of a balance.

It can't go on without being touched.

If supercell does not want to nerf it I have no problems with that as long as they just come out and be honest, just tell the community "hog rider is overused and yea we admit for 4 exilir it provides a lot of value but it's our favorite card and we will protect it no matter what. Yes it's clear we nerfed mega minion twice and exilir pump because of the card being overused. Despite these facts we won't nerf the hog rider"

Cool at least they are being honest. But to bury their heads into the ground and ignore the majority of the community is really low. Just like them closing the official forums in favor of reddit.

Reddit is disorganized and it's a great way for supercell to ignore their community as most good threads will get buried. Balance threads will be buried. Reddit is a great way for supercell to ignore their community balances requests. This goes for both hog rider nerf advocates and hog rider defender's.

The balance threads will be awful on Reddit just plain awful. It's a huge loss for the entire community. Yes even for you hog rider defenders. Instead of sweating me and constantly replying back with arguments you can't refute just like the facts above go over to the thread and use your energy to help save the forums. Because there will be a time when the hog rider will get nerfed your not going to like it. You will go over to reddit and your posts will get buried. It's a lose lose for all of us.

At least this thread for stickied have a hog rider defender thread got stickied? Nope and that's a fact which I am sure no one can argue.

Quote Originally Posted by Rje52 View Post
    The reason mega minion was nerfed was because it was op!

Place a ice golem then mega minion and bam defended

I realize why hog is so good

Every card in the game has a direct counter except hog
    I wrote the facts from supercell. And the facts clearly state supercell nerfs cards based on over usage.

The entire above write up is based on all facts this is why no hog rider defender has come forward to refute each point. And if they want to refute each point make sure you address directly each point and not replying back without any correlation to the underlying content. It will be a very hard task because the above is all factual and you can't argue with facts. Especially the thread comment

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GQveracity View Post
    I wrote the facts from supercell. And the facts clearly state supercell nerfs cards based on over usage.

The entire above write up is based on all facts this is why no hog rider defender has come forward to refute each point. And if they want to refute each point make sure you address directly each point and not replying back without any correlation to the underlying content. It will be a very hard task because the above is all factual and you can't argue with facts. Especially the thread comment
    Nonsense. Thanks for posting and hilariously quoting yourself.
    Last edited by Hrmmph; 2 Days Ago at 08:33 AM.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrmmph View Post
    Nonsense. Thanks for posting and hilariously quoting yourself.
    Exactly. If cards were balanced based on usage, then Zap nowadays won't be able to kill Skeletons.

Graveyard before August had a usage rate of around 10%, yet it was nerfed. We all know Graveyard was just absolutely broken because of the RNG.

Now you can't say that card balance should completely based on usage rate right?

Quote Originally Posted by iAmSkrub View Post
    Exactly. If cards were balanced based on usage, then Zap nowadays won't be able to kill Skeletons.

Graveyard before August had a usage rate of around 10%, yet it was nerfed. We all know Graveyard was just absolutely broken because of the RNG.

Now you can't say that card balance should completely based on usage rate right?
    How can you bring up zap use rate as comparison? The cheapest most versatile and common rarity spell. There are just 8 damage spells agains the 53 troop cards. How could zap not be the most used card n the game? If this is not trolling I don't know what is.

Use rate is not the only factor but still a factor. When a "win condition" is at 30%+ use rate in game and consistently 30%-60% use rate in top10 a nerf is mandatory and there should be no need to discuss about it.