Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Yet another NO MATCH FOUND; going on 6 days now.

Yet another NO MATCH FOUND; going on 6 days now.

EDIT 1 -adding a few facts to simplify things
    EDIT 2 10/12/17 - replies should be directed at solutions to the MM problem- nothing else.
    Going on 12 days with no matches using 100% engineered players and zero maxers.
    EDIT 3 - 61 days and 43 pages later we have our FIRST MATCH (having opted out 80% of our original accounts, using only a handful of them with some new accounts since its obvious that we can't match anymore ever using our original accounts as we have made them) -- https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post11241009
    -At this rate we'll get to enjoy 6 wars per year using a small handful of our player base.

Thx @ darian for replying - I wish you would get supercell to offer an actual approved / suggested upgrade path- and ideal war roster line up that you all feel are examples of a perfectly balanced roster so people can know how to upgrade - and have goals on what to make their wars look like to get fair matches - AND if you all really dont want people using defenseless/ etc you should look into a way to allow a player to RESET a base/ get a full refund on gold/elixer/dark/Build time and Research time to properly redesign their base over the course of a few minutes maxing at each step... Many of these rushed 11's are not going to be 'balanced' for 4 years - and that's a long time to wait because of an extreme MM update... If supercell just took steps to nerf all these accounts once and for all -- they should step up and offer their players a way to 'fix it' - downgrade - restart - without loosing all their time invested.

Two full 24 hour no match found resets followed by 4 days of search attempts before I gave up and used 'normal' accounts -- then after a 3 hour search we got a war thats impossible to win due to us all being th8 below and the enemy having two th9's on top.

- we tried using maxer 11's and 10's on top - tried using some maxer 9's - eventually after I posted this I just removed every last engineered account we own and went with th8 below... we have Two almost max (proper) th8 bases with level 10 kings on top --one just became th9 today - zero new stuff - he became a 9 after the match was found... ENEMY has two 9's on top, each with queens and level 4 drags - four air def each and #1 has one xbow... our th8 will not likely clear the top 2 so even after removing all the engineered people -- we still got a bad match that is pretty much a guaranteed loss.

*Most of the clan is 'lopsided' engineered /whatever you call it - and very light weight - generally its th9 below - maybe one or two 70k th10/11 player. - generally enemy clan is all th9 below - sometimes 2 th10's sometimes 1 th11 and 1 th10 below - usually they are new or rushed tens and 11's -- rarely or never will we see infernos or eagles on any bases in these wars - and generally only a couple bases have xbows.

*I will move the engineered players into NightmareGuild2 or 3 and try some 10 or 20x wars to see if they can match anyone.
    ---------------------------------

The match maker is completely broken- it will not match the clan members as is without removing every last engineered player from the match.

our heavy clan managed to use two engineered people - with about 18 maxers.
    our farm war clan is using about 10 engineered 9.11 type players and is still matching in Farm wars just fine (which implies that the 9.11 are getting heavy tens as a penalty mirror)

-Aged Greatness3 is currently suffering... had to opt out almost 30 people and use only the non engineered.

yes -- all the players there are engineered -- and I mean - all of them -- maybe one or two are a semi normal th8.. .the rest are all various mini's with low weight and th11 research 20/20/10 or so heroes that -used -to get th9 mirrors this entire past year --- and used- to get th8 mirrors the year before (none have gained weight; just the MM changes have given them harder matches over time)

most of these accounts are permanently like this; only thing changing are hero levels, walls and research going up...

The MM never used to have any issues matching engineered clans... now the MM is refusing to match them at all.

The option to 'use normal accounts' is not an option... we have other clans where we use those type of accounts.

--the MM needs fixed.

-- No advice needed -- we will not be changing or adjusting our line up... these various accounts have worked in wars for the past 4 years just fine and should be working now and in the future...

Generally we would use a max 10.5 on top with a ton of 9.11's under it - some defenseless and various other mini's across the bottom in 40x size wars. since the latest MM we've tried various smaller size wars with no match found over and over.
    Last edited by blombardo; 1 Week Ago at 04:50 PM. Reason: adding some helpful facts on the top after 4 pages of replies;

Website- Clan Recruitment - War Weight - Suggested Upgrade Paths
    NightmareGuild #9JR2GQ9P - Inactive -91 150star wars in a row
    NightmareGuild2 #YRY2YRQ2 - Farm wars - High Donations
    Aged Greatness3 #2R0Y9CJY - Engineered Wars

www.discord.me/nightmare

I'd rather wait years than get a mismatch.

Centennial Club
    Well it seems apparent the new system is looking to give 'equal' matches. I for one am happy to see that your clan hasn't found a match; just means I can continue working on maxing my accounts and taking part in 'last minute-deciding wars.' Obviously you won't change your roster, but #6M aren't successful because of their engineering - they just take advantage of a large pool of 'equally balanced' clans that they can steamroll (casual clans of course) and the matchmaker doesn't know anything about it...
    Leader of Inflated CoC, the undefeated, self-sufficient Australian born clan
    48-0-0 (as of 22 July 2017)

For clan info, please contact us via private message

lol; I'd rather they just fix the system... and go back to the way it was a couple years ago when it worked fine(for me)

use visible war weight as the one and only guide to matching people. Forget offense.

If players choose to max defenses and skip offense -- they deserve to loose...

the only down side to this --

if players choose to max offense and go to war with ten accounts at 45/45/20 offense, one max army and 1 level 1 cannon -- they can fight a bunch of th7 people... its a 100% draw...

Thats how the game used to work - for a long time... 18 or more months if I recall...

I dont expect it will return to that system -- but something has to change.. whatever they are using now; isnt working for everyone.

--We liked being able to pick and choose our members - knowing that if we added ____ to the war as #1 -then the enemy #1 would have xbows...

If we added____ to the war as #1 then the enemy would have infernos...

we -used - to be able to easily pick and choose our wars - and guarantee that we would see zero xbows or zero infernos based on our line up -and get consistent results.... These last 13 months however that has not worked.. its been near impossible to get consistent results and this past MM update has made it even worse; cant even get a war now.

Whatever MM change happens -- it must include an in line check box for something that compares the total number of end game defenses (and levels) and insures that there are equal numbers of them -

if one clan has ZERO xbows, infernos or eagles -- then their enemy clan MUST also have ZERO.

That is the #1 most important thing in any matchmaker that I can see... of course ; whatever they did to mess up wars so they dont match at all -- I expect this was NOT the change added lol...

Be nice if they told us what they did to break it... then they could reverse it or get advice on how to fix it.

IF we went out and recruited about five th10's with infernos, about ten th9's with xbows and maybe 5 or more th8's that were ALL NORMAL and If we used only a few engineered accounts -- we could easily get a match... I see plenty of clans matching like that...

But --
    We are using only engineered accounts; light weight - no infernos - no eagles - everyones offense is 1 or 2 or 3 town halls higher than their defense... a few have defenses 2 town halls above offense trying to compensate; but we'd need to have a lot more of those offenseless / aka high defense accounts to compensate for the many defenseless type bases we run.

Of our 300 odd members spread out over various clans- about 250 of them are engineered in some way; the other 50 or so are semi normal th8 and9's with a handful of max tens and 11's.... those war in a different clan -- and they are loosing quite often due to the MM issues... but I'm not here to complain about those clans; I'm only interested in the Engineering type clans that use light weight people.

www.discord.me/nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by InflatedCoC View Post
    Well it seems apparent the new system is looking to give 'equal' matches. I for one am happy to see that your clan hasn't found a match; just means I can continue working on maxing my accounts and taking part in 'last minute-deciding wars.' Obviously you won't change your roster, but #6M aren't successful because of their engineering - they just take advantage of a large pool of 'equally balanced' clans that they can steamroll (casual clans of course) and the matchmaker doesn't know anything about it...

so... you come here to say; HA.. you cant match!! ha!! I'm so happy that your clan and your members cant play anymore!!

?? really?

Not cool...

and yes - we are not equally balanced right now; we are working on that - It will take us a few more months to build the offenseless / aka smart rushed defensive bases to off set the high offense bases we have.. then we can get back into war manipulation to get matches like we want again. I suppose I could run smaller wars using those kinds of rosters -- but my point this week -- is to show that just using whoever is opted in for war -- we can not match...

If I opt people out and manipulate the roster to make our offense and defense look balanced.. I expect we could match again... but thats a bit of effort that we should not have to do...

At most I would expect to opt in (or out) players who bring th10 (or 11) mirrors so that we could insure that we are bringing the right composition to win... You dont want one or 2 people in war being able to hit the top th10's in the map when the enemy is going to have 3 th10's that need cleared... no.. you want 5 or 10 players who can clear those th10's if you expect to see 2 or 3 of them...

at least thats what I want... lol

-your point on 6M is valid. your other comment was uncalled for.
    Last edited by blombardo; October 4th, 2017 at 09:29 AM.

www.discord.me/nightmare

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by blombardo View Post
    if one clan has ZERO xbows, infernos or eagles -- then their enemy clan MUST also have ZERO.
    And if one clan has MAXED heroes and war troops -- then their enemy clan MUST also have MAXED heroes and war troops.

I mean, this would guarantee fair wars, as both clans have the equal opportunity to perfect one another. But when you have a clan that runs such a unique spread of differently built bases, there is such little chance that two clans will meet each other. Going by your rules, they would both need to have the same number of end game defences - ZERO - and the same number of MAXED heroes and war troops. At a large scale of a 40 man war, this just doesn't happen, as no other clans are running such a lineup as yours.

And if this were to be the case, engineering would no longer exist. I hope those clans who have fun 100% drawing EVERY war at your level. The best engineers under your conditions would be those at TH10 and TH11 who are the best attackers. Wars would be decided on attacking ability and base building knowledge - something some of us want to see happen.

Centennial Club
    -your point on 6M is valid. your other comment was uncalled for.
    Sorry, I may have stated my position incorrectly there; was simply trying to say that the majority of 'balanced' or 'normal' clans are finding matches, whilst those with extreme unbalances are not - which is a good thing as the majority of clans are now finding respectable (is that the right word?) matches, instead of meeting your clan where every base could 3 star the enemy's top base.

lol; I'd rather they just fix the system... and go back to the way it was a couple years ago when it worked fine(for me)...
    Be nice if they told us what they did to break it... then they could reverse it or get advice on how to fix it.
    Right there is your problem... worked fine FOR YOU. But it’s not all about you. Your easy war was someone else’s bad game experience. For the majority it didn’t work, due to matching engineers who had unfair advantage over them (note that “unfair” isn’t just my word there, Darian called it that in the most recent video).

You’ve been too used to a system that let you thoroughly game the matchmaker, and have been out at the bleeding edge of that roster wide (not merely dabbling in some 0.5 or a random 1 cannon base here and there). So now it has changed. It’s matching like play styles to like, and it seems you are finding there aren’t too many comparable others out there at that old bleeding edge to match with, so needing to wait long periods of time for it to find something it deems equal or at least minimally egregious.

They did tell us what changed: counting offence more, matching like play styles, coming individual item weight tweaks and longer wait times for some clans with unusual lineups. They’ve also told us what to expect for the future: never any weight figures release so that people don’t build based on exploiting weight oddities. Sounds like some good strides towards improvement to me and promised ongoing correctives, rather than something more broken that needs to be reversed to fix it.
    Last edited by Grinch of Tomville; October 4th, 2017 at 09:47 AM.
    Chapter One #22V00CGY Level 13 International clan
    We welcome strong TH10 and TH11 adult players with big heros for fun warring, maxing bases and some pushing. Active builder base, and must know where the donate button is!

Quote Originally Posted by Tomville View Post
    Right there is your problem... worked fine FOR YOU. But it’s not all about you. Your easy war was someone else’s bad game experience.
    No.

What worked fine for me - also worked fine for 95% of the clans we went up against. Yes once in a while we had it set so that the enemy had zero chance to win - I do recall quite a few of those that I created using roster engineering tricks - so 5% of the clans had no chance a all and yes - that is a problem - for that clan - because they didnt understand how the game worked. -- but it happened to us as well... The clan who upgraded smarter - engineered better - was going to win. every time - skill would have no say in the matter... So what if we had th8 weighted players on top - at 50k weight with th9 or 10 offense... they had th8's and 9's on top that could easily clear our top base... (a year or 2 ago) -- Now we have th9 weighted things on top - zero infernos - so what if we have th11 offense... they have th10 and 11 offense and they have to clear a th9 weighted base on our side... a 65k or 70k base on our side// should warrant an enemy #1 who is comparable in weight - a th9 or a 9.10 or 9.11 like our selves... NOT a full blown max ten or 11...

back to the upgrade styles...
    If that clan really wanted to win - they would have learned how to upgrade and they would have upgraded smarter - used a better roster - had better offense and then they would have won...

of course supercell doesn't want to tell anyone how the game works -- so this info is all secret.. if it was public knowledge -- THIS IS THE BEST WAY TO UPGRADE!! and everyone KNEW it... then everyone would DO it...

(less gems in supercells pocket becuase now people dont make dumb mistakes upgrading; and dont have to gem to fix it)

The problem here - doesnt rest in any individual players hands -- it rests in the DEV's hands. They made a system - some of us figured it out and played to the best of our ability to win...

The Devs need to set standards - tell us how they WANT us to play - tell us how they WANT wars to be matched - then tell us what an ideal war roster should look like! -- They also need to STICK TO THEIR GUNS and not make changes constantly... once they set the standards for how to play - what their goals are - they must stick to it. Sure they can tweak or adjust a little bit.. but making sweeping changes to a MM system YEARS after it was initially created - that damages so many accounts / ruins them for YEARS worth of upgrades and tweaks that will need to be done -- this is a bit drastic.

They need to sticky a post somewhere saying -- THE IDEAL CLAN WAR COMPOSITION FOR the IDEAL FAIR MATCH is:

then with a set standard that the entire community can strive for -- we can all set up to attempt to meet that goal. As a clan leader you can then build a roster -- that is the ideal example...

Look at the CWL -- the FWA - Orange league - any network that does pot luck / group sync style wars...

They all have a 'roster' that they all set up...

40x war
    TEN th11's
    TEN th10s'
    FIFTEEN th9's
    FIVE th8's

Build that composition and you're going to match about 2000 clans that do wars.

-- All they have to do is list the most common compositions for various levels... tell us how many clans on average use that composition -- then we can all strive to build clans at those various builds and know -- HEY... this is the standard -- this is what we should build and how we should set our wars....

Problem solved!

-- Good strides towards improvements? no... some clans can not find a war match at all... thats a total failure of the matchmaker... Anyone with a brain would have to say-- OH? really? NO MATCH? 7 days? with 4 million clans available in game you cant match up to ANY of them? -- and for the past 4 years you've always matched every time? hm.... something sounds wrong here... I'm going to GUESS that someone broke the MM...
    Last edited by blombardo; October 4th, 2017 at 10:12 AM.

www.discord.me/nightmare

Forum Veteran
    No.

What worked fine for me - also worked fine for 95% of the clans we went up against. Yes once in a while we had it set so that the enemy had zero chance to win - I do recall quite a few of those that I created using roster engineering tricks - so 5% of the clans had no chance a all and yes - that is a problem - for that clan - because they didnt understand how the game worked. -- but it happened to us as well... The clan who upgraded smarter - engineered better - was going to win. every time - skill would have no say in the matter... So what if we had th8 weighted players on top - at 50k weight with th9 or 10 offense... they had th8's and 9's on top that could easily clear our top base... (a year or 2 ago) -- Now we have th9 weighted things on top - zero infernos - so what if we have th11 offense... they have th10 and 11 offense and they have to clear a th9 weighted base on our side... a 65k or 70k base on our side// should warrant an enemy #1 who is comparable in weight - a th9 or a 9.10 or 9.11 like our selves... NOT a full blown max ten or 11...

back to the upgrade styles...
    If that clan really wanted to win - they would have learned how to upgrade and they would have upgraded smarter - used a better roster - had better offense and then they would have won...

of course supercell doesn't want to tell anyone how the game works -- so this info is all secret.. if it was public knowledge -- THIS IS THE BEST WAY TO UPGRADE!! and everyone KNEW it... then everyone would DO it...

(less gems in supercells pocket becuase now people dont make dumb mistakes upgrading; and dont have to gem to fix it)

The problem here - doesnt rest in any individual players hands -- it rests in the DEV's hands. They made a system - some of us figured it out and played to the best of our ability to win...

The Devs need to set standards - tell us how they WANT us to play - tell us how they WANT wars to be matched - then tell us what an ideal war roster should look like!

They need to sticky a post somewhere saying -- THE IDEAL CLAN WAR COMPOSITION FOR the IDEAL FAIR MATCH is:

then with a set standard that the entire community can strive for -- we can all set up to attempt to meet that goal. As a clan leader you can then build a roster -- that is the ideal example...

Look at the CWL -- the FWA - Orange league - any network that does pot luck / group sync style wars...

They all have a 'roster' that they all set up...

40x war
    TEN th11's
    TEN th10s'
    FIFTEEN th9's
    FIVE th8's

Build that composition and you're going to match about 2000 clans that do wars.

-- All they have to do is list the most common compositions for various levels... tell us how many clans on average use that composition -- then we can all strive to build clans at those various builds and know -- HEY... this is the standard -- this is what we should build and how we should set our wars....

Problem solved!

-- Good strides towards improvements? no... some clans can not find a war match at all... thats a total failure of the matchmaker... Anyone with a brain would have to say-- OH? really? NO MATCH? 7 days? with 4 million clans available in game you cant match up to ANY of them? -- and for the past 4 years you've always matched every time? hm.... something sounds wrong here... I'm going to GUESS that someone broke the MM...
    I think the DEVS are trying to tell you how to play. It may be in the form of subtle nudging and not just coming out with it. The end result is the same, SC is telling you your playing wrong.