Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: BB is great BUT please SC give our home base some love

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Saleh47 View Post
    I don't disagree with you that team can have their focus on the main base since BH launch since the content they released since then & will be released in future for BH is already there ready with maybe minor tweaks needed. But the issue lays ahead in future. Once we got BH8, team will need to split time between BH & MB. Thus the main base will see less content compared to if it was the only focus of team. Not that I'm against this. I enjoy a lot of things in BH & would like to see it developed further into something even better. But still this means main base will see less progress as resources assignment will be less than before unless SC is getting more developers & assigning(not sure about word if it fits within SC terms of team management) to BH development & keeping another part of team focused on main base. If this is the case then yes main base development should be not affected later on by BH base development & it would be great
    It would be awesome if sc did hire or take some devs from one of their other games to focus only on bb and have the rest of their team focusing only on home base.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by loubaby View Post
    Bb all the way to bh8 is finished and will be 6 months or more before any significant amount of dev time goes into bb again. As has been said many times... sc is now completely focused on home base.
    I'm sorry, but that does nothing to alleviate my concerns. To put it bluntly, the main base has so many problems (clouds, MM, AI, balance etc) and has gone stale (when was the last substantive update, aside from a new level to a troop or defence?), the Dev team should really be solely focused 100% on the main base now and forever. They are not. They have the BB which, going forward, at a guess, will take up circa 50% of the team's time. This is 50% of the time they could and should be spending on the main base. Every problem fix and every new content is now going to be 50% slower for the main base. SC was never the quickest in the first place.

Darian confirmed the team is around 10-12 people (!), do you really think this is enough to work on the main base and the BB together? In my opinion, it's a big no. Given the team's work has basically doubled, anything other than doubling the size of the team or creating a separate BB team will be to the detriment of the main base.

This has nothing to do with how great or rubbish the BB is, this is to do with the time and resources the BB has taken and will take the Dev team away from the main base.

BB now the main source of $$$ for SC
    Main base isn't provinding a lot of $$$ than before so no love for the main base!

We are happy with the main base, the new Healers, WBS, Miners and Pekka was great additions.
    MM is decent when you know how to balance your wars.

We would like to see friendly wars being utilised more. Friendly wars should be enable when during normal wars.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SoKEngineer View Post
    We are happy with the main base, the new Healers, WBS, Miners and Pekka was great additions.
    MM is decent when you know how to balance your wars.

We would like to see friendly wars being utilised more. Friendly wars should be enable when during normal wars.
    So if the next 12 months brings a new level to the barbarian, archer, giant, minion and goblin, you will be happy? For max players, I can tell you with experience this will not come close to cutting it.

Also, please let me know how to 'balance' wars? If you are talking engineering (as in your name), I'm not interested.

I agree that friendly wars could be implemented better. This could have been achieved (and much more) if SC had spent it's (limited) time and resources focusing on the main base.

Quote Originally Posted by xxW00dyxx View Post
    So if the next 12 months brings a new level to the barbarian, archer, giant, minion and goblin, you will be happy? For max players, I can tell you with experience this will not come close to cutting it.

Also, please let me know how to 'balance' wars? If you are talking engineering (as in your name), I'm not interested.

I agree that friendly wars could be implemented better. This could have been achieved (and much more) if SC had spent it's (limited) time and resources focusing on the main base.
    New Giants lvl would be great actually.
    The new lvls of spells and troops has changed the game. Itís gives less experience clashing a chance of winning battles.

Balancing non-engineered bases should be simple and easy. After how many years have u been coordinating wars?
    Here is a clue: top heavy wars will always be unbalanced.

MM great and it is at its best but itís not perfect.
    You guys have to remember itís about overall clan offensive and defensive power. Reading some of these post I donít think you guys understand that.

I see a lot of clans putting .5s in wars... right there u are gambling. Keep it non-engineered thatís step 1
    Last edited by SoKEngineer; October 4th, 2017 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by loubaby View Post
    Bb all the way to bh8 is finished and will be 6 months or more before any significant amount of dev time goes into bb again. As has been said many times... sc is now completely focused on home base.
    Now, they are. After a year hiatus they get back to the main game. But, you do not see that as a problem. There should have never been a year hiatus.
    I still continue to believe they thought BB would be so popular they could forget main CoC. If they did not I would have thought they would have continued some development on main CoC for periodic release along side BB.
    Quote Originally Posted by WastingGems View Post
    SC missed the boat with this update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    It was never the dev team's intention to leave the Town Hall side of the base behind.
    Although they did leave it behind.

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Martvol View Post
    Now, they are. After a year hiatus they get back to the main game. But, you do not see that as a problem. There should have never been a year hiatus.
    I still continue to believe they thought BB would be so popular they could forget main CoC. If they did not I would have thought they would have continued some development on main CoC for periodic release along side BB.
    That's some serious tinfoil hat wearing going on there, my friend. It was never the dev team's intention to leave the Town Hall side of the base behind.
    AKA Tank Puppy

In fact, the mere act of opening the box will determine the state of the cat, although in this case there were three determinate states the cat could be in: these being Alive, Dead, and Bloody Furious.
    -- Schrodinger's Moggy explained (Terry Pratchett, Lords and Ladies)

That's some serious tinfoil hat wearing going on there, my friend. It was never the dev team's intention to leave the Town Hall side of the base behind.
    They did a fine job of it. ("It" being leaving main base behind.)
    Last edited by Martvol; October 4th, 2017 at 12:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WastingGems View Post
    SC missed the boat with this update.
    It was never the dev team's intention to leave the Town Hall side of the base behind.
    Although they did leave it behind.

Banned
    Darian, you have been checking this thread but you haven't responded to my request, above. I appreciate you are well within your rights not to respond to me, but it would be great if you could say something to alleviate the concerns I have raised in my posts in this thread.

Do SC intend to double the size of the clash team, introduce a separate BB team or do something else to ensure the main base gets the care and attention it needs and deserves?

I love this game (the main base) and I really hope it continues to be a great game going forward.