Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Some details about the [FORUM RULES]

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #21
    Rule 20: "Any deliberate manipulation or targeting using the reputation system is strictly forbidden, and may result in a permanent ban."

Prohibition against abusing reputation system

The reputation system encourages good, healthy discussions among forum members. It allows players to differentiate between trustworthy posters and problem posters. Any abuse of this system is strictly prohibited.

Q: What should I do if a forum member has given me an abusive reputation vote?
    A: Report it immediately. The easiest method is to report the thread where you received the vote and provide an explanation of what transpired and why you feel the vote is abusive.
    Last edited by SharkyFinn; June 4th, 2018 at 09:00 PM. Reason: negative voting examples removed
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 17 - 622 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Fan Content Policy

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #22
    Rule 21: "Do not create deliberately provocative or insincere posts, or use click-bait titles. Trolling is always prohibited."

Prohibition against trolling

The forum is designed to allow players to communicate their thoughts about the games, pool their knowledge, stay informed about new developments, learn, teach and have fun. Posts that deliberately provoke or deceive other forum members detract from the forum experience and are prohibited.

Q: Can I pretend to be something I dislike in order to get members to attack me and support my point of view?
    A: No. This is referred to as a "strawman sockpuppet" and it is deceptive. You need to express your authentic opinions.

Q: Is it ok to create a purposely misleading thread title in order to attract more viewers to my thread?
    A: No. Your thread title should accurately represent the content of your thread.

Q: I think it's funny to post a link claiming it leads one place, but in reality it leads to someplace else entirely. Can I do this?
    A: No. Thread links should also be legitimately represented.

Q: Can I purposely derail someone's thread with something inflammatory or provocative?
    A: No, you cannot. That kind of behavior violates the spirit of the community forums.

3.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #23
    Rule 22: "Old threads should not be resurrected without sufficient cause or significant new information. Please do not necro old posts."

Prohibition against necromancing

After members stop posting on a thread and it moves down into the forum history, it should probably stay there. Forum members prefer to discuss new topics of conversation and do not enjoy seeing old threads resurrected. Please do not bring an old thread to surface without sufficient reasoning.

Q: Can I post "I agree" on an old thread to show that I agree with the original poster's (OP) opinion?
    A: No. If you feel it's important that the OP knows you agree, use a private message or visitor message.

Q: Should I post on a year-old thread to ask the OP to clarify their post?
    A: No. If the OP hasn't clarified their post already, there's no point in asking them to do so now. Send them a private message or visitor message instead if you feel it's important.

Q: Can I update a thread I wrote a year ago?
    A: Only if you have something new and significant to add.