Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Some details about the [FORUM RULES]

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1

Some details about the [FORUM RULES]

This thread will attempt to answer many of the common questions we receive about the Main Forum Rules. It does not supersede or modify the official forum rules nor does it restrict staff or moderators from enforcing those rules as they see fit. In all matters, staff and moderators have final say in what is deemed appropriate. If a particular situation is not listed, it may still be covered under the rules. When in doubt, send a message to a moderator to ask for clarification before posting any questionable content.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 17 - 622 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Fan Content Policy

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    Rule 1: "We will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks, harassment, name & shame, or purposeless inflammatory posts. Moderator and Staff decisions are final in these matters. Any abuse towards our Staff, Moderators and/or admins in any form will not be tolerated."

Prohibition against rude, insulting, or offensive posts

The community forum is a place for members to discuss Supercell games. Because we serve such a large group of players across the globe, there are bound to be many different opinions, different posting styles, and different abilities using the English language. Just be polite. It's ok to disagree with another member, but the post should focus on your own thoughts and point of view and not the other poster. Similarly, you may not identify a player from the game who may not be on the forum for the sole purpose of insulting or questioning their game play. It is rude and it is unfair because the player isn't able to post a defense to the accusations. Also, you may not insult players or members generally either. If the post is rude, no matter who the target, it will most likely result in moderator intervention. Moderators have final say in determining what is rude.

Q: Can I question a poster's intelligence or call them dumb?
    A: Of course not.

Q: What if they said something really dumb?
    A: Still no. Instead explain to them the correct answer.

Q: What if they were really rude?
    A: No. Report the rude post and let Moderators deal with the problem. Do not get baited into violating forum rules.

Q: What if I write it in a Private Message or Visitor Message?
    A: No, all forum communication is governed by the forum rules.

Q: What if I suspect a player of cheating?
    A: No. Report anything suspicious directly to Supercell Support. Do not post it on the forums as this would fall under "name and shame."

Q: What is name and shame?
    A: It is when you single a member or player out for criticism, including but not limited to their in-game name or team name. In general, remove other players' names from screen captures.

Q: What if I disagree with the member or disagree with an aspect of the game or its development?
    A: Polite disagreement is always welcomed. We are a large and varied bunch and each member's opinions are valued. You don't need to agree with others. You just need to be polite.
    Last edited by SharkyFinn; October 3rd, 2017 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Added question on Name and Shame

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3
    Rule 2: "We will not tolerate inappropriate, sexual, vulgar, discriminatory or offensive language of any sort, this includes simulated, insinuated and abbreviated swearing. This is a family friendly forum. Moderators and admins have a final say in what is and isn't inappropriate."

Prohibition against inappropriate language

Members must be 13 years of age to join the forum, but the Supercell forums can be read by people of any age. Internet search engines also routinely scrub the forums for information, so the language you choose for your post can be seen by many, many people of different ages, backgrounds, and identities, so keep your posts free of inappropriate language. In addition to offending the reader, inappropriate language creates a hostile environment for readers to visit. The English language is dynamic, so words that aren't considered inappropriate today may be considered inappropriate tomorrow. Moderators have discretion in determining what is inappropriate, but it generally includes: swearing, vulgar language, sexual advances, discrimination against a group, or drug references.

Q: Can I swear if I the censor catches it and substitutes my inappropriate text for other characters?
    A: No. If the censor substitutes your text, it is your cue that you need to edit or rewrite your post.

Q: What if I creatively defeat the censor in order to post something offensive?
    A: Definitely not. Doing so will likely incur a heavier penalty.

Q: What if I change a few letters? Or abbreviate or use initials or use an acronym?
    A: All still no. Swearing is still swearing.

Q: What if I change all the letters to special characters the way cartoons sometimes do?
    A: Still no. Just don't swear in any way, shape or form. It's unpleasant and unnecessary.

Q: What if I say something that's offensive to one culture but not another?
    A: We are a global community. Moderators will determine if you are purposely behaving inappropriately.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4
    Rule 3: "Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed. Also, please refrain from posting spam, like nonsense."

Prohibition on spamming posts

Forum post counts should be the result of a long history discussing Supercell games with other members. They should not be seen as a status symbol that can be obtained through repeated posting of irrelevant information. If you comment on a thread, try to add to the conversation. Repeated posting of text that does not further the conversation will be considered spamming. Each game forum includes an Off Topic forum where players can discuss things outside the normal discourse on Supercell games. Members are free to make use of these Off Topic forums for unrelated posts and should keep these kinds of posts out of the other sub-forums. Moderators will determine if a poster is spamming and will intervene when necessary.

Q: Can I post "Sounds like a great idea!" or "Wrong forum." or "Ruled out."
    A: Yes. Although these don't necessarily further the conversation, as long as they are relevant to the thread, they are permitted. It would be preferred, however, that you continue by writing what you like about the idea, in which forum the thread belongs, or why the idea has been ruled out.

Q: Can I post "Sounds like a great idea!" on every thread I see that I like?
    A: No. Repeated posting turns even a positive post into spam.

Q: Can I post "Thank you!" after every post on the thread I created?
    A: No. Let the thread breathe and comment only when you can add to the conversation. Consolidate your replies into a single post. You can quote and comment to each thread in one, and you can edit your posts to add additional relevant information.

Q: Are we allowed to post random, unrelated text on a thread?
    A: Definitely not. Going far outside the conversation or posting nonsense is spam.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #5
    Rule 4: "Multiple or repeated posting of the same thread or topic is not allowed. If a thread or reply has been trashed or closed, you should not post the same thread again. "Bumping" a thread is also prohibited. There is a single exception to allow you to bump your sole recruitment thread at most once per day. This means 24 hours must have elapsed since the last post in the thread before it may be bumped."

Prohibition against bumping

Once a thread has been created on a topic, it shouldn't be created again. Creating a second thread on the same topic is always prohibited. When posting on a thread, you should be sure there is at least one comment between every one of your posts. Creating a second post back-to-back is considered bumping and it is generally prohibited. There are two allowances for bumping and both require at least 24 hours to have passed since your last post: bumping a recruitment thread and bumping with additional information of importance. Because forum recruitment is so important, you may bump your personal recruitment or your team recruitment thread at most once per day. This includes "friendly bumping" where another poster bumped your thread.

Q: A moderator closed, moved, or deleted my thread. Can I post it again?
    A: No. Moderators have final say.

Q: I crave extra attention for my thread. Can I re-post it or links to it in other forums too?
    A: No. Do not create multiple threads on the same topic.

Q: I had another spot in my group open up after my last bump. Can I post again?
    A: Not if 24 hours haven't elapsed since your last bump. Edit your existing post instead.

Q: Someone asked a question on my recruitment thread. Can I reply?
    A: Yes. Legitimate conversation and responses are allowed.

Q: I asked a question and no one answered it. Can I bump my thread?
    A: Yes, provided 24 hours has elapsed. However, if no one still replies, leave it be. Repeated bumping will likely result in moderator intervention.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #6
    Rule 5: "Do not attempt to claim to represent or speak on behalf of Supercell if you are not a Moderator or Supercell employee. Do not deliberately and/or maliciously spread false information about Supercell games, moderators or employees."

Prohibition against official misrepresentation

The Supercell community forums are managed by Supercell Oy. Any attempt to claim official representation for Supercell or to speak on behalf of an employee or Moderator is strictly prohibited. Do not spread false information or faked leaks about the company or any of its games.

Q: I created a funny image. Can I claim it is unreleased content from an official source?
    A: No, you may not represent your artwork as official.

Q: Can I back up the veracity of my post by claiming it came from an official source?
    A: Not if the claim is false.

Q: As a member, can I explain the rules to another member and ask them to comply?
    A: Yes. This is a community forum and the community-at-large has a valuable role in maintaining peaceful, organized, useful discussions.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #7
    Rule 6: "Discussion or promotion of products, free gem, or third party gem sites, competitors' games, illegal activities, drug references, emulators, music/intellectual property piracy is strictly prohibited. This includes any discussions on how to run any Supercell games outside officially supported platforms."

Prohibition against commercial spamming or illegal activities

The Supercell Community forum is a place for players to discuss playing Supercell games. It is not for discussing other games, other web sites, activities that violate the Terms of Service, or activities that violate the law. If a problem (glitch) has been found that allows a player to gain something they have not legitimately earned, report it directly to Supercell support. Do not post it on the forum at all. Report all commercial spam found and be wary of any link that leads to another web site.

Q: I found a video that purports to show how to get free gems. Can I post it?
    A: Definitely not. Videos like that are scams looking to steal your money or account credentials.

Q: I found that players are cheating the game to get something extra. Can I post how they do it?
    A: No. Posting details of how to cheat the game, whatever the intention, is prohibited.

Q: A commercial spammer created several threads advertising illegal streaming. Do I need to report them all?
    A: No, you only need to report one of them. Moderators will address all posts created by the spammer. Thank you for reporting spam and keeping the forums clean for all.

Q: Can I report commercial spam sent to me by Private Message or Visitor Message?
    A: Yes, private messages and visitor messages must comply with all forum rules.

Q: Can I advertise my personal business?
    A: No. There are many sites where you can advertise your business. This forum is not one.

Q: Can I advertise game-related merchandise?
    A: No. In addition, you have likely violated the law. You must attain licensing from Supercell Oy in order to use the company's intellectual property.

Q: Can I post an online video about the game? Even if I receive payment for viewership?
    A: Yes, provided you comply with all rules for content creation you may post your videos in the appropriate forum.

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #8
    Rule 7: "Discussing the abuse or exploitation of service platform, payment, refund, rating or similar systems is strictly prohibited."

Prohibition against exploitation

In order to maintain the integrity of the game, the Supercell community forum strictly prohibits discussing the circumvention of safeguards or fraudulent rating. Any threads or posts that jeopardize the integrity of the game and its systems are subject to infraction. Moderators have discretion in which posts are deemed exploitation or abuse.

Q: I'd like to express dissatisfaction with an update. Can I urge members to give negative reviews?
    A: No. Your personal review is your own business, but attempting to manipulate ratings in order to stress your opinion is forbidden on the forum.

Q: Can I make a purchase, use it, and then claim that it never showed up?
    A: No. This is deceptive and fraudulent. All gem purchase issues must be handled directly with Supercell Support.

Q: I've found a way to break into the game and change its behavior. Can I post it?
    A: Absolutely not.

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #9
    Rule 8: "Users are permitted only one forum account. Creating multiple accounts may result in a permanent ban of all accounts."

Prohibition against multiple forum accounts

Q: I forgot my forum account password. Can I create a new account?
    A: No. Use the password recovery tool.

Q: I've been banned from the forum. Can I create a new account?
    A: No. Once banned, your continued presence on the forum is forbidden.

Q: I have multiple game accounts and play multiple games. Can I have multiple forum accounts?
    A: No, you are permitted just one account per person.

Q: I'm planning to violate forum rules. Can I create a second account so that my regular forum account doesn't receive punishment for what I'm about to do?
    A: No. Just don't do it. If you create an account thinking you can escape responsibility for your actions, it is likely both accounts will be permanently banned.

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #10
    Rule 9: "These forums are English only. You may create Groups for your clan/group where you are more than welcome to use any language. The same rules apply to groups that apply to the forums!"

Prohibition against non-English posts

The Supercell community forum is a global network. In order for all players to be able to communicate with one another, English has been chosen as the official forum language. All posts must be in English. If you do not speak English, there are many online tools that will help you translate your thoughts from your native language into English.

Q: I'm looking for non-English speakers to join my group. Can I post in another language?
    A: No. You may create a private forum group where you may speak in your chosen language, but all threads and posts to the public area of the forum must be in English.

Q: A poster created a thread in another language. Can I answer in their chosen language?
    A: No, your reply must also be in English.

Q: Can I post in two languages, my native language and English?
    A: Yes, as long as a true translation of your post is provided in English.