Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: I think the main forum rules should provide examples or be more in depth

I think the main forum rules should provide examples or be more in depth

Personally I don't think some of the Forum rules are in depth enough. Saying things like No Naming and shaming, is quite vague.

what do you guys think?
    Last edited by BL4CKN1GHT; September 26th, 2017 at 04:06 AM.

only play royale now. Level 13 88/88 Clan: Avant Gaming

I think a couple of them could use some expansion. Naming and shaming is a good one. The problem is how subjective some rules can be. How toxic is too toxic? Where's the line between naming and shaming and just leaving someone's IGN in a screenshot? I don't think these can be defined, rather, they have to be taken one at a time.

But I'd never say no to more detail. I love details. The more information I have, the happier I am
    Cloud Control - Why are clouds so terrible, and what are the possible ways to get rid of them?

not interested in thread counts/titles just a guy on the forums chatting away
    To me the no shaming and naming rule means dont write anything negative about anybody that puts them in a bad light

Lady Maverick
    Showing an example of breaking a rule and asking not to break that rule. funny!!
    It's simple.
    IMO- Naming and Shaming rule can be defined as-
    No name should be mentioned if it's going to be a negative complaint regarding that name or any kind of disrespectful quotes towards the mentioned name.

If it's an appreciation or a name which forumers cannot read/figure out. Then it's totally fine!(But still, to be on safer side I prefer to fade them)
    Last edited by Lady Maverick; September 26th, 2017 at 09:06 AM.

You need examples ?

No swearing - ♥♥♥♥, ♥♥♥♥♥, ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥, ♥♥♥♥, ♥♥♥♥♥, ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ...

good enough ? they are just hearts, obviously
    Last edited by SMAEL; September 26th, 2017 at 11:21 AM.

"What kind of a monster are you !?" " The Wolverine." Shingen, Wolverine
    "You know nothing Socrates. I know that I know nothing." Ygritte, Socrates
    "I am the Master and you will obey me." Master
    "Nature made me a freak. Man made me a weapon. And God made it last long." Logan

Lady Maverick
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAEL View Post
    You need examples ?

No swearing - ♥♥♥♥, ♥♥♥♥♥, ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥, ♥♥♥♥, ♥♥♥♥♥, ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ...

good enough ? they are just hearts, obviously
    Nope Not good..

Forum Rule #2.
    We will not tolerate inappropriate, sexual, vulgar, discriminatory or offensive language of any sort, this includes simulated, insinuated and abbreviated swearing. This is a family friendly forum. Moderators and admins have a final say in what is and isn't inappropriate.

Careful. You might receive one.

Providing examples will start pointless chain of arguments with mods regarding their actions.

I think rules are already explained clearly, no need to go deeper.

You can find more info. here: (including fictional examples)

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...hlight=reasons

Re. Naming and Shaming:

Naming a player isn't particularly a rule break, it's just unethical. But naming a player AND saying bad things about him like no skill, poor p2w, etc. (shaming) falls under this category. Mind AND, it is like if both conditions are satisfied.
    Last edited by adi53; September 26th, 2017 at 10:50 AM.

***Signature by "Secret Sigpic Maker" ***

Community Royale

If you have a genuine question about what a particular rule means, Id think a mod would be happy to explain by PM.
    Last edited by Tomville; September 26th, 2017 at 10:46 AM.
    Chapter One #22V00CGY Level 16 International clan
    We welcome strong TH11 and TH12 adult players with big heros for relaxed fun warring, maxing bases and some pushing. Must know where the donate button is!

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #9
    Don't tell anyone but Frodo is taller than Lach.
    Rules need to be clear but also not too prescriptive. We couldn't possibly list all of the ways you can offend, upset or name and shame players or clan etc. We do constantly keep an eye on the rules with game changes and forum trends etc. so if we ever feel they need a tinker or slight changes/additions then we do so.
    I do not think it is hard to avoid infractions. Never has been. Some people just can't help themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Holps View Post
    Rules need to be clear but also not too prescriptive. We couldn't possibly list all of the ways you can offend, upset or name and shame players or clan etc. We do constantly keep an eye on the rules with game changes and forum trends etc. so if we ever feel they need a tinker or slight changes/additions then we do so.
    I do not think it is hard to avoid infractions. Never has been. Some people just can't help themselves.
    This is what I was going to say, it's a fine line if you put too much in there people will exploit it and say well it isn't in the rules etc etc.

I think the rules are fine. But then I would I stick to them