Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Some details about the [FORUM RULES]

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #11
    Rule 10: "Do not advertise, promote or link to user-run contests related to Supercell Games without prior written consent from Supercell."

Prohibition against unauthorized contests

Contests on the Supercell forum must have clear rules and requirements for entry, and prize offers must be completed on schedule and free of bias. Due to these obligations, all contests must be approved in writing by Supercell.

Q: I'd like to offer a gift card to the winner of a contest I'm holding. Can I do it on the forum?
    A: Only if you've received official permission from Supercell.

Q: I'm offering a cash prize on my YouTube channel. Can I post a video with the details?
    A: Only if you've received official permission from Supercell.

Q: I'd like to create a contest for players to compete, just for fun. Can I post it if there prize has no value?
    A: No, you still need official permission from Supercell.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 17 - 622 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Fan Content Policy

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #12
    Rule 11: "You may not use animated GIFs as your avatar or in your signature."

Prohibition against animated GIFs as your avatar or in your signature

Animated GIF files require extra resources and bandwidth. Do not use them as your avatar or in your signature on the forum.

Q: Can I use animated GIFs?
    A: Yes, but not as your avatar or in your signature.
    Last edited by Cowslips; December 13th, 2017 at 11:06 PM. Reason: Rule amended

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #13
    Rule 12: "We do not remove posts or accounts on request."

Prohibition against requesting post or account removal

Your post history is a public record. Moderators may remove threads that violate forum rules, but ordinarily, moderators do not remove posts or accounts by request. If you post a recruitment thread, be sure to use an appropriate title that will continue to be valid as your team grows. If you create a thread that includes time-sensitive statistics like level or experience, you may be unhappy with your chosen title after these statistics have changed. For this reason, it is good policy to not include statistics in your thread title.

Q: I've reconsidered my original post. Can I ask moderators to remove it?
    A: You can update your existing thread to reflect your new viewpoint.

Q: A thread I created has gone off track and turned toxic. Should I ask to remove it?
    A: Report the offending posters and moderators will try to get the thread back on track. If it cannot be recovered, moderators will likely close the thread.

Q: I created a duplicate thread by mistake. Should I ask for it to be removed?
    A: That's probably not a bad idea. Report the duplicate thread and a moderator will decide the best course of action.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #14
    Rule 13: "Only report posts that you are sure violate forum rules or contain questionable content. Do not spam or overuse the report tool (what constitutes spam/overuse is up to interpretation of Moderators/Supercell employees) as this distracts from the productivity of our Moderators and employees and can result in a ban."

Prohibition against false reports

The report tool (the small triangle with an exclamation point icon below every post) is the way for you to let moderators know that a thread needs intervention or is in violation of forum rules. It is not for sending messages to moderators or for defaming another member. Any abuse of the report tool is strictly prohibited.
    When reporting a thread for a rules violating, be sure to include which rule you believe it violates and any details that support your opinion. For example, if reporting a rude or insulting post, include brief details of what is rude (e.g. "rude post. poster called another member dumb."). If reporting a thread posted in the wrong forum, include the name of the forum where it belongs (e.g. "wrong forum. should be in Card Balance Discussion."). Obvious spam is obvious, so a simple "spam" message is enough when reporting these.

Q: Can I use the report tool to share my thoughts and opinions?
    A: No. Other members will not see these. Post your thoughts and opinions in the thread.

Q: Can I report a poster because I do not like them or do not agree with them?
    A: No. Only report posts that violate forum rules or require moderator intervention.

Q: Can I use the report tool to ask a moderator when the next update is being released?
    A: No. Questions like these are better posted in a thread. If the topic is truly private, send a private message or visitor message to a specific moderator instead.

Q: Can I use the report tool to report a thread posted in the wrong forum?
    A: Yes, please include the name of the correct forum when reporting.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #15
    Rule 14: "We do not monitor private messages, but we do investigate all allegations of PM abuse. Forum rules apply to private messages as well."

Prohibition against breaking forum rules via private, visitor or group message

All forum posts are subject to the rules, even if the post is sent via private message, visitor message, or in a private group. Please report any message that violates forum rules and moderators will investigate.

Q: Can I report an insulting or offensive private message?
    A: Yes, please do.

Q: How about a spam message or free gem site offer?
    A: Yes, please report these posts.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #16
    Rule 15: "Always read stickies before posting. Always post in the proper sub forums. Not doing so can result in your post being trashed, moved or closed."

Prohibition against posting in the wrong sub-forum

The forum has a clear structure for posts. If a sub-forum has been setup for a particular topic, threads related to that topic must be posted there. Each game's general discussion forum should only be used for game discussions that do not fit into one of the already created, specific sub-forums. Any discussion not related to the game belongs in an Off-Topic forum. Please be sure to always post in the correct forum. By keeping the forum organized by topic, new members can quickly get caught up on the discussion and all forum members can more easily find conversations that interest them.

Q: If I feel that the correct sub-forum doesn't get enough activity, can I just post in General?
    A: No, you must post in the correct sub-forum. Putting your thread elsewhere will just add to the problem. By posting in the correct sub-forum, you will bring more activity to that sub-forum.

Q: If I thought of something really funny or want to say goodbye because I am leaving the game, can I just post it in General?
    A: No. If your post is not game-related, it belongs in the Off-Topic sub-forum.

Q: I spent a lot of time creating a brilliant thread, but it has been closed for being in the wrong sub-forum. Can I get it re-opened?
    A: No, you should have spent a little more time and ensured it was in the right sub-forum.

Q: Where can I post a recruitment thread for players to join my team?
    A: Each game has a dedicated sub-forum for recruitment. Post there and be sure to follow all rules for recruiting. Above all, do not post your recruitment on another team's recruitment thread.

Q: I have a lot of thoughts on many different topics. Where should my thread go?
    A: Try not to do this. Separate your thoughts and ideas into separate threads.

Q: What about sticky threads?
    A: Sticky threads are exempt from this rule and may be posted wherever they are needed. Sticky threads are the staff's and moderators' way of communicating with the community. Their use and placement is at staff and moderator discretion.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #17
    Rule 16: "If you are banned from the game temporarily, you still have a right to have a forum account. If you are permanently banned from the game, you will also be permanently banned from the forums."

Prohibition against activity after permanent game ban

Once Supercell has banned you permanently from the game, they have effectively banned you from using all their services. A forum ban, however, will only prevent you from posting on the forums. Forum bans do not carry over into the game.

Q: I've been banned permanently. Can I continue to post on the forums?
    A: No. A permanent ban by Supercell is permanent and covers all services.

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #18
    Rule 17: "Staff members and moderators may ban forum members without prior notice if they detect toxic behaviour."

Prohibition against toxicity

The forum is provided to allow players to discuss the game, help one another, and to socialize with other players. Unfortunately in public forums, there are always some members who just aren't satisfied unless everyone has a terrible experience. When these players are detected by a moderator, they can be banned immediately from the forum. Members are free to dislike game features, have differing opinions or even be upset about a topic. However, discussions should be civil and constructive.

Q: What will happen if I create an obscenity-filled thread that insults other posters?
    A: You may be declared toxic.

Q: Can I use phrases like "git gud" or use "coward-fecta" or "cancer" to describe a strategy?
    A: These phrases have been determined to have a toxic effect. Other words or phrases may be added. Once a phrase has been deemed toxic, members using that phrase could also be deemed toxic.

Q: Can I repeatedly post how angry I am no matter the topic?
    A: If you do, you will probably be declared toxic.

Q: Will I be banned for creating a toxic post?
    A: Banning is definitely one option available. You may also be warned, infracted, or spoken to at the moderator's discretion.

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #19
    Rule 18: "You are responsible for abiding by Moderator and Staff warnings and infractions against you, within a thread or made via PM. Ignoring warnings and/or infractions given to yourself or other forum members can result in further infractions or a ban of your forum account. Remember, all mod and staff decisions are final."

Prohibition against ignoring prior warnings/infractions

If a moderator needs to intervene on a post and gives a warning of any sort, you must abide by that warning. Continued violations will likely be handled more strictly. Warnings and infractions are moderators' way of reminding you of the forum rules and prodding you to be a better forum member. If you do not heed these warnings, you may be determined to be irredeemable or toxic.

Q: I don't agree with a moderator's warning. Can I just ignore it and keep on doing what I did?
    A: No. Staff decisions are final. You are free to discuss a warning or infraction with a moderator in a civil way, especially if you need clarification, but as long as the warning stands, you must modify your behavior.

Q: I received a warning. What happens if I do the same thing again?
    A: You could receive an infraction or you could be banned, depending on the circumstances and the moderator's discretion.

Q: A moderator sent me a private message with a warning. Do I have to listen to it?
    A: Yes. A warning sent by private message holds the same weight as an official warning. In fact, since the moderator went out of their way to keep you from incurring a permanent warning or infraction, it's best to heed the warning.

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #20
    Rule 19: "You may not discuss publicly any (disciplinary) actions taken by staff, moderators or support such as banning, closing forum threads, deleting forum posts / threads etc. Also, posting publicly any private messages / emails, regardless of topic, you have received from either staff, moderators or support is prohibited."

Prohibition against publicly discussing thread closures or moderator actions

Once a moderator has intervened or taken action, you may not publicly discuss that intervention or action. You are free to send a moderator a private message asking for clarification, but do not create a thread or post discussing it. Any private message or email that you have received from Supercell staff, Supercell support or forum moderators must also be kept private. Staff and moderators will not share private details or your account or communications with you. It is expected that you will do the same.

Q: If a thread has been closed, merged, or trashed, can I create a thread to ask why?
    A: No, you can ask a moderator by private message, but you may not post a thread about it.

Q: A moderator sent me a private message with a warning. Can I create a thread about it?
    A: Definitely not.

Q: I was temporarily banned from the forum. Can I create a thread to discuss my ban when I return?
    A: No, you cannot do this..

Q: I disagree with the way moderators manage the forum. Can I discuss these actions?
    A: No. You can discuss your ideas for managing the forums in Off-Topic, but leave all commentary about past or present moderator actions out of your conversation.