Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GoWiPe is Dead! NOT

GoWiPe is Dead! NOT

A while back I mentioned that I was a better than average GoWiPer in a post about a new TH10 and it's struggling in the early days.

Someone laughed and mocked that I used GoWiPe because nobody does in the last two years. Well.......

Yesterday was kind of a big day for my TH9 which is my main base. My King upgraded to level 30 and I marched it right up to Titan. Yes, I was happy. Didn't think I'd get there yesterday because I needed another 96 trophies but I ran into one more TH9 up there and that helped a good deal. Scored 25 trophies on it.

I recorded 7 of my GoWiPes today (just before maintenance lol) because I had 6 three star GoWiPes in a row! I got a little lucky on one of them. Well, very lucky as it was a TH7 in Champion I. Eight certain trophies can't be passed on when pushing. Besides, I hit every TH9 or below that I see. That was the first below I had seen in months. I used one spell and felt like it was a waste. Also, I didn't place it well. But, there was also a max TH9 in the mix. I've three-starred a few max TH9s in the last few weeks.

Use it for war? It's risky because it still has the time issue. But I did use it to three star a TH10 with weak walls a couple of wars back.

I thought I would share the seven attacks. The six three back to back three-star attacks and the 99 percent attack that broke the streak. And all I had to do was drop that archer in the right place. It spent 20 seconds trying to get through a wall. LOL It never did. It did finally get a couple of shots in on that hut but out of time.

I doubt very many will watch it all the way through. There is no voice because it's better if I don't speak. LOL

Here they are:

Most of my time in Champ one was practicing PentaLaLoon and some GoBoLaLoon but the last two days was all GoWiPe. Mostly on Th9s but a few Th10s along the way. No three stars on the 10s.

But GoWiPe is not dead and can even be used in war but it's gotta be on the right base. I tried it on a TH9 in war when our other folks had not done well on it. I got the best attack but it was a long way from a three stay. Too spread out I think.

Signature Banner from ClashofHolmes
    Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Join us on Discord
    Player Tag: ​#20RRP9UQ8

I don't know why but people call it a 2 star strategy.Many youtubers like klaus hate it due to that reason.

In the hands of someone who funnels properly, gowipe can work as you've demonstrated. 30/30 heroes make a lot of things work better for TH9. That's the main problem a lot of "Average Joe's" have in trying to pick up tips from YouTube. This doesn't really dispel that myth.
    old headz - A place for adults to gather, chat, drink, and clash! Learn more about us at https://oldheadz.wordpress.com/

Find us in Clash: old headz (#2VVQVLCV). Adult clan for War and Clan Games.

War and farming base are two totally different animals. Any attack can work on the right layout, but rarely are layouts conducive to SloWiPe. I'm a firm believer in, "If it works, it ain't stupid." But generally GoWiPe isn't fast enough to be effective.

Millennial Club
    update this when you get to TH10 or attack a TH10. The reason it died 2 years ago...is because TH10 was introduced.

Also the reference to GoWiPE being dead...is a reference to WAR....not to farming. No one uses it for farming because it's too costly. For pushing it is viable as it is almost a guarantee 2 star.

Also a TH8? And a bunch of TH9s with low to mid heros (from what I could tell). One of the bases had no heros up, another had both xbows down plus other defenses....I don't recall seeing one that was a fully max TH9.

It will run out of time in many cases, that's why it's called that. But, I think it may work well vs the anti-laloon bases. But some of those bases were strong. Looked like two of them were max. It is probably being a little bit under used. I've used laloon when GoWiPe might have been better. Doesn't hurt to have max Royals either. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Montapegenesis View Post
    I don't know why but people call it a 2 star strategy.Many youtubers like klaus hate it due to that reason.

Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Join us on Discord

You didn't look very close. Two of those Th9s were maxed. I attack what I'm given. In Champ you don't run into many weak bases. There was no TH8. I did luck out and find a TH7. Why do you put down the easy attacks only? Oh I know why, nevermind.

I have a TH10 too.

An no, two years ago people were using GoWiPe vs Th10. It mostly got left behind when LavaHound and Bowlers were introduced. It had nothing to do with TH10. I learned GoWiPe watching TH10s use it. That and a video from Clash Tutor.

Quote Originally Posted by pb913 View Post
    update this when you get to TH10 or attack a TH10. The reason it died 2 years ago...is because TH10 was introduced.

Also the reference to GoWiPE being dead...is a reference to WAR....not to farming. No one uses it for farming because it's too costly. For pushing it is viable as it is almost a guarantee 2 star.

Also a TH8? And a bunch of TH9s with low to mid heros (from what I could tell). One of the bases had no heros up, another had both xbows down plus other defenses....I don't recall seeing one that was a fully max TH9.

Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Join us on Discord

Centennial Club
    Nice raids! Never underestimate the advantage of grinding your heroes
    All you need is love...chocolate, G&Ts, PSN sub, COC... but love will do for now .......😍
    Leader of Karma - Est Feb2017 - Level 5 - #LPV8JQOO
    Minkie TH10 (rushed, catching up!) - Minkette TH8 (half way through!) - Little Minx (Max TH7) Miniminx - TH5, DBH - engineered TH5

Those are all good points but the guy that laughed at me did it when I was talking about farming with it. It is too slow but I do wonder at TH9 with the spaced-out defenses to try to combat LaLoon it might be a good choice more often.

I used when I shouldn't have in war. The air attacks were not working so I threw a hail-mary and tried it. The base was like a giant X. Not many enclosed spaces but I destroyed 3/4s of the base but things got spread out too much to provide the tanks it needed. Didn't run out of time ran out of troops. LOL

I'm staying at Th9 because I still am a bad hog attacker. Gotta learn that first even though it's not used much at TH10 I want to learn all of Th9 before I go. I have a Th10 also but mostly for donations.

Right now I'm giving witch slap a spin while in Titan because I'm attacking 10s and it's working well enough to keep me there.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMechEngin View Post
    War and farming base are two totally different animals. Any attack can work on the right layout, but rarely are layouts conducive to SloWiPe. I'm a firm believer in, "If it works, it ain't stupid." But generally GoWiPe isn't fast enough to be effective.
    Last edited by StormHeart; September 27th, 2017 at 02:08 PM.

Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Join us on Discord

My attacking did improve with max heros. No doubt about it. When watching that vid I was amazed at what my heros did at times.

I try to get people to learn GoWiPe for that very reason. It will teach you to funnel!

Quote Originally Posted by gregenstein View Post
    In the hands of someone who funnels properly, gowipe can work as you've demonstrated. 30/30 heroes make a lot of things work better for TH9. That's the main problem a lot of "Average Joe's" have in trying to pick up tips from YouTube. This doesn't really dispel that myth.

Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Join us on Discord