Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: September 2017 War Matchmaking Changes!

September 2017 War Matchmaking Changes!

As set out by Darian in the BH7 release notes linked below :-
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...nd-Patch-Notes

Quote :-

Matchmaking algorithm changes
    With the recent changes implemented to the Clan War matchmaking algorithm, based on the feedback we have been receiving and also after reviewing our data, we felt further changes needed to be implemented. These changes will reflect a more accurate measurement of a player’s and clan’s offensive power. Furthermore, we are also adjusting the search time required to find a better War match. This will increase the search duration in some cases but not all, and allows the system longer to find a more even match.

---
    Two things for discussion obviously :-

Firstly it seems like individual offensive weights are being tweaked, possibly up or down depending upon the item in question, without specifically alluding that offensive weight will have greater prominence over defensive weight. This is subjective of course.
    No mention at this time of any changes to any specific defensive items.
    Personally, I'm hoping that the Warden in particular will receive greater offensive weight.

Secondly, and admittedly in contradiction to some of my own posts on the subject (hands up here!), it seems that SC are widening initial search time parameters to find better matches for everyone.

All in all, a positive step in my opinion. Lets hope it brings around fairer matches for everyone!

Just for reference, linked below is the July 28th announcement :-
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...g-Improvements

"Furthermore, we have also built in a certain degree of flexibility into the new system that allows us to fine tune the matchmaking weights as needed"
    Last edited by Skrags; 3 Weeks Ago at 01:44 PM.
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 10 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...H8-s-to-TH11-s My spec: TH10, Heroes 40/40

Quote Originally Posted by Skrags View Post
    Furthermore, we are also adjusting the search time required to find a better War match. This will increase the search duration in some cases but not all, and allows the system longer to find a more even match.
    Details will matter. I don't see widening search times as helpful unless its drastic (and therefore a problem for many clans that want a reliable start time). On the other hand widening search times have had a big effect when targeted - if rare rosters get 'widened' to the point of finding no match they'll need to adjust and become more 'matchable', this could be helpful after an adjustment period. For example if the system can be tuned well enough to match roster engineers together when possible but just stretch out wait times if not, the advantage will disappear.
    Level 10 Adult War Clan METAMUCIL.
    And some of us are old enough that its not just a funny word...
    Metamucil keeps the red out of our logs. Small wars, great record, low pressure.
    War Record - https://cocp.it/clan/82GJJV2J

Well something has to change and it's definitely offense weight imao,if folk want to engineer fair play to them but they should be drawn against each other and let the maxer clans fight it out among themselves,if search times become a problem might take all the hanging about near end of wars waiting for each other to attack lol.

Well as always, the proof is in the pudding but let me say that I would welcome more even matches. The question is whether this next set of changes will have the desired effect. My guess is we will continue to see complaints from many quarters...

As noted in the OP, the target should be the GW...
    Quote Originally Posted by cnaf View Post
    If it was created as a stand alone app to download, I suspect players would have been removing it from their devices at almost the same clip that it was being installed. By tying it to the already heavily invested players' main village- this gives it legs, staying power that it might not have otherwise enjoyed.
    Quote Originally Posted by TankSinatra View Post
    Wait for the novelty of CandyClash to wear off.

Warriors are OP
    ADD a MInimum War Weight for TH Levels!!! Done

Quote Originally Posted by WH7DX View Post
    ADD a MInimum War Weight for TH Levels!!! Done
    If you combine this post with your taking a knee, you should now understand why we can't have nice things.

I'm ready. I think the first update was a good step forward, but still needed improvement. Hopefully this will be another step in the right direction.

WH7DX, why not make 2 of those 3 10.5's real th11's? Especially the one with max heroes. How do you think the clans with th10's opposing your 10.5's feel?

Your score makes me think you guys are good attackers, why not force the other clan to be good attackers as well by adding in some more big defenses? Eagles obviously seem to be a good investment in your opinion. At least it seemed that way with you pointing out that they had 4 to your 1.

This new update if they are tweaking offense weights, you might want to get used to facing eagles (if you are not taking a knee after all).
    Last edited by SuperStorm103; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:53 PM.
    DeathStorm-10|18/20|2028*|FireStorm-10|15/19|2026*|SuperStorm-9|10/14|1974*
    DragonStorm-9|4/5|1338*|PerfectStorm-9|5/7|1277*|BarkStorm-11|16/18/5|1230*
    BrainStorm
    -10|10/13|1278*

Offensive weights need to be added to ALL Troops, not just the GW.

Someone with Max Heroes, including Warden, and Heavy Troops, like Bowlers, Witches, Dragon, Loon, Healer and spells, must have a weight higher than a Max TH10.

Why?, well you get 2 attacks, both of which should be able to 3* a Max TH10.

So simply, if you are a TH11, you should rank above a Max TH10.. Regardless of your defences.

SC have already made a decision that a TH attacking a lower one, doesn't get full loot in open play, why is war different?

Why on earth doesn't battle day just start 24 hours from the minute you press search, they could remove the search time from preparation day which is just a waste of time now anyway......

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtone2001 View Post
    Offensive weights need to be added to ALL Troops, not just the GW.

Someone with Max Heroes, including Warden, and Heavy Troops, like Bowlers, Witches, Dragon, Loon, Healer and spells, must have a weight higher than a Max TH10.

Why?, well you get 2 attacks, both of which should be able to 3* a Max TH10.

So simply, if you are a TH11, you should rank above a Max TH10.. Regardless of your defences.

SC have already made a decision that a TH attacking a lower one, doesn't get full loot in open play, why is war different?
    Your dead right couldn't have put it better myself