Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: September 2017 War Matchmaking Changes!

Quote Originally Posted by WH7DX View Post
    SC had a problem with modding, broke the rules, they had a problem with TH sniping which broke no rules but they said it wasnt how the game was intended to be played...

SC having a Defenseless TH 11 with max Drags, Bowlers, Loons, Spells, HL Heroes Warden and ranking 13 sitting with TH 8s is not how the game was intended to be played lol

you need to put a MINIMUM weight on TH lvs. Everyone is expecting it... just do it. Its the fair thing to do in wars.

no one wants to hear excuses. The system has been grossly manipulated.

And focus on the top 5 players closely in wars.

Thank you
    That would pretty much eliminate the warparticipation of anything rushed. There are probably millions of players who just up everything without thinking it through or without any deeper knowledge whatsoever. No way SC is going sacrifice such a large part (probably even the largest part) of the playerbase. This kind of player will not adapt or change ways...they will just quit and walk away. I doubt very much that SC will risk another exodus.
    Somebody out there.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay147 View Post
    That would pretty much eliminate the warparticipation of anything rushed. There are probably millions of players who just up everything without thinking it through or without any deeper knowledge whatsoever. No way SC is going sacrifice such a large part (probably even the largest part) of the playerbase. This kind of player will not adapt or change ways...they will just quit and walk away. I doubt very much that SC will risk another exodus.
    I doubt that. Whose a th 10 and in war and active and weighted really weak like a th 8 with th 8 troops having fun not getting kicked out of every clan? Negative. That Th needs to be weighted mininum th 10 new defensive weight and then add any extra th 10/11 troops they might have which is nothing for them. So rushed th 10 in a crappy war clan that loses all the time get a weight of what 80k. Big deal....
    Last edited by WH7DX; September 27th, 2017 at 08:54 AM.

Millennial Club
    Why worry about them when you have active members get ♥♥♥♥♥♥ off dealing with totally bogus offensive TH 11 hitting up 8 in war making it very difficult. If SC had an issue with TH sniping they should have an issue with that... its gross manipulation of war matching

While I have every sympathy with the 'up top match by TH level' argument, as I'm personally (and my clan) getting hit hard at the moment by TH11 disparity, we can't just make generalised statements on this subject without considering everybody, and that includes early TH level rushed players.

3 weeks ago, in the thread linked below (post 9) I conducted a little experiment about rushed bases at lower trophy levels.
    Another 5 or 6 players followed suit, and we all recognised similar findings about the volume of rushed players within this lower level category/trophy level.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post10888449

It's worth a read.

In my opinion, individual offence factors need to weighted better. A strict 'put weight on the TH' is NOT the answer!
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 10 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...H8-s-to-TH11-s My spec: early TH11, 41/40/6

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Skrags View Post
    While I have every sympathy with the 'up top match by TH level' argument, as I'm personally (and my clan) getting hit hard at the moment by TH11 disparity, we can't just make generalised statements on this subject without considering everybody, and that includes early TH level rushed players.

3 weeks ago, in the thread linked below (post 9) I conducted a little experiment about rushed bases at lower trophy levels.
    Another 5 or 6 players followed suit, and we all recognised similar findings about the volume of rushed players within this lower level category/trophy level.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post10888449

It's worth a read.

In my opinion, individual offence factors need to weighted better. A strict 'put weight on the TH' is NOT the answer!
    Personally, I think the really rushed have given up on War and if they do theyre use to warring. i think most have left. Farming is loaded and thats all the inactive players.

common logic says to focus on the core active players and make them happy. If SC was worried about snipping and decided to make that big change which looks fine now...its time to fix the gross manipulation in war or lose the core active and then it all over.

I doubt that. Whose a th 10 and in war and active and weighted really weak like a th 8 with th 8 troops having fun not getting kicked out of every clan? Negative. That Th needs to be weighted mininum th 10 new defensive weight and then add any extra th 10/11 troops they might have which is nothing for them. So rushed th 10 in a crappy war clan that loses all the time get a weight of what 80k. Big deal....
    The needs of the few do not outweigh the needs of the many. That just sounds good in a star trek movie. Probably 90 percent of all clans out there are just crappy warclans filled with kids. Global is full of them. I fully agree that something needs to be done to fix matchmaking but I believe that the cure lies in the offensive side of the game and especially the numbers and levels of Wardens in a clan as most seems to agree on these days.
    Somebody out there.

Personally, I think the really rushed have given up on War and if they do theyre use to warring. i think most have left. Farming is loaded and thats all the inactive players.

common logic says to focus on the core active players and make them happy. If SC was worried about snipping and decided to make that big change which looks fine now...its time to fix the gross manipulation in war or lose the core active and then it all over.
    The focus should be, and very probably will be, the future, both in terms of monetisation and game longevity.
    New players and early TH level players are the future of gem spending. It's sad to say, but I'm afraid Max TH11's have already spent their gems on finishing Hero upgrades already.

This is the dilemma, and I've commented on this many times before.
    TH9 is the real cash cow for the SC business model, because of the huge volume of players already within this category, and the players about to begin their TH9 journey.

Get them loving TH9,and more than likely (just as you and I have experienced) they will push on to TH10 and beyond having committed to some gem spending.
    Alienate this playing pool, and the whole business model, and therefore game longevity falls apart at the seams.

Not comfortable reading I know, for many of the Clan Wars sub forum participants, but this is my take/opinion if I was putting myself in the shoes of the CoC head Developer, or whoever he/she reports to within the SC hierarchy.
    Last edited by Skrags; September 27th, 2017 at 01:22 PM.
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 10 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...H8-s-to-TH11-s My spec: early TH11, 41/40/6

Quote Originally Posted by COASTALVIKINGS View Post
    Why on earth doesn't battle day just start 24 hours from the minute you press search, they could remove the search time from preparation day which is just a waste of time now anyway......
    THIS! You are right.. actually.. forget PREP DAY totally - War starts as soon as an opponent is found. What does PREP day do anyway?? I get to look at bases that are imaginary for 24 hours.. Its not like I go on a extreme prep day of 'carb'ing up, working out, no sex and training troops???? I just kind of sit there.. If anything, increase war to 30 hours.. or reduce it to 23 so we can declare the same time, every day..

WOW.. why hasnt this been done already.. war EVERY DAY NOW!!
    Member - the COLLECTIVE
    CYBORG DAMNBORG SONOFBORG THEBORG MasterG & LittleBeau

Quote Originally Posted by damnBORG View Post
    THIS! You are right.. actually.. forget PREP DAY totally - War starts as soon as an opponent is found. What does PREP day do anyway?? I get to look at bases that are imaginary for 24 hours.. Its not like I go on a extreme prep day of 'carb'ing up, working out, no sex and training troops???? I just kind of sit there.. If anything, increase war to 30 hours.. or reduce it to 23 so we can declare the same time, every day..

WOW.. why hasnt this been done already.. war EVERY DAY NOW!!
    You can't start war 24 hours from when you press search like the poster you replied to suggested because both clans don't press search at the same time.
    Th11 here, several other accounts th8-10. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Some tips/thoughts on Legends here. Engineers aren't the problem, they are the symptom of a problematic matchmaker. My Legends hope: PvP 5500+ with attack limit, leave rest same, including usual legends from 5000-5499 or, maybe even better, create a new 3rd trophy ladder for PvP and leave legends alone. Contact SC here

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    You can't start war 24 hours from when you press search like the poster you replied to suggested because both clans don't press search at the same time.
    Sure.. but that is not what I meant... I just said get rid of PREP day.. as soon as a match is found, war starts.. for 23, 24, 25 hours.. that doesn't matter. What value does prep day truly have? EVEN WHEN I COULD VIEW their "real" base, they could still change it in the last minutes of Prep Day. Now, I look at... well, to be honest, I have no idea what base I am looking at? Is their a farming base? an old war base?

Anyway.. just get rid of prep day - that is my point. We could theoretically war MORE, like twice as much if they did that. It might even make war a little more exciting.. in the sense of getting everyone on and ready to war, then declaring.. then fighting..
    Member - the COLLECTIVE
    CYBORG DAMNBORG SONOFBORG THEBORG MasterG & LittleBeau