Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: September 2017 War Matchmaking Changes!

Quote Originally Posted by COASTALVIKINGS View Post
    Why on earth doesn't battle day just start 24 hours from the minute you press search, they could remove the search time from preparation day which is just a waste of time now anyway......
    You assume both clans started search at exactly the same time.....
    Th11 here, several other accounts th8-10. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Some tips/thoughts on Legends here. Engineers aren't the problem, they are the symptom of a problematic matchmaker. My Legends hope: PvP 5500+ with attack limit, leave rest same, including usual legends from 5000-5499 or, maybe even better, create a new 3rd trophy ladder for PvP and leave legends alone. Contact SC here

Forum Elder
    Well I'm really looking forward to see how this changes things.

Just finished a war where I was no1 and ended up with the 'most heroic attack' just for getting 2 stars against the enemy no1, admittedly it was a TH11 with EA and warden and I am only a TH10, but I have often been top of the roster and I don't remember having been given the most heroic attack from the top slot before the last round of MM changes, will be happy if it doesn't happen again after this round of changes.

BTW their no9 got their most heroic attack, for 2 starring my TH10 with a defenceless TH11 (which I didn't see as particularly heroic).

As a near max TH10 it has been really frustrating since the last MM change and I hope, as mentioned by several above, that TH11 don't get matched with clans that don't have any TH11 in the line up.

Millennial Club
    Yep it appears that top rating/fair play was thrown out the window. wars are brutal. Heavy on top and then opponents usig weak bases and heroes below and its giving us a hard time up top. They need to pay attention to the top 5 slots and make sure they kinda close and watch out for the defenseless TH 10s or 11s. Its aint rocket science lol

Quote Originally Posted by WH7DX View Post
    Yep it appears that top rating/fair play was thrown out the window. wars are brutal. Heavy on top and then opponents usig weak bases and heroes below and its giving us a hard time up top. They need to pay attention to the top 5 slots and make sure they kinda close and watch out for the defenseless TH 10s or 11s. Its aint rocket science lol
    the top in my clan's wars are nearly perfect matches every war. we've also only seen one defenseless 10 or 11 in 14 wars, hmm...maybe you're doing something fishy with your line-up
    Co-Leader of Monkey Bizness. Lv 15 constant war clan. #GV228Q9
    The Frosty Trinity
    Blaze - TH11 - K45/Q45/W20
    Fire - TH10 - K39/Q40
    Inferno - TH10 - K39/Q40

Millennial Club
    Your running larger 25+ wars so thats expected. Your lucky to not find the highly engineered. Try running some 15 and youll probably see em or more 20s. We dont use defenseless bases. Just normal stuff and some low level fillers like th 3-6 with walls and defense. Th 3 is maxed etc

Quote Originally Posted by WH7DX View Post
    Your running larger 25+ wars so thats expected. Your lucky to not find the highly engineered. Try running some 15 and youll probably see em or more 20s. We dont use defenseless bases. Just normal stuff and some low level fillers like th 3-6 with walls and defense. Th 3 is maxed etc
    oh man you're committing too matchmaking sins to count lol. multiple 10.5s, low th "fillers"...no wonder you're not pleased with what you find. those defenseless 11s weight pretty similar to your low th fillers which is why they can be a bad idea to bring under the current matchmaking.

you just gotta adapt with the times, what worked a month ago isn't working now

we run 20v20/25v25, 30v30 gets a bit too dicey with the engineers so we try to avoid it if possible.
    Co-Leader of Monkey Bizness. Lv 15 constant war clan. #GV228Q9
    The Frosty Trinity
    Blaze - TH11 - K45/Q45/W20
    Fire - TH10 - K39/Q40
    Inferno - TH10 - K39/Q40

Millennial Club
    The defensless bases rank the same as your th 8s or new 9s so that has nothing to do with it.

The problem is on top. Everyone is saying the same thing. Theyre screwing the top up

Millennial Club
    SC had a problem with modding, broke the rules, they had a problem with TH sniping which broke no rules but they said it wasnt how the game was intended to be played...

SC having a Defenseless TH 11 with max Drags, Bowlers, Loons, Spells, HL Heroes Warden and ranking 13 sitting with TH 8s is not how the game was intended to be played lol

you need to put a MINIMUM weight on TH lvs. Everyone is expecting it... just do it. Its the fair thing to do in wars.

no one wants to hear excuses. The system has been grossly manipulated.

And focus on the top 5 players closely in wars.

Thank you
    Last edited by WH7DX; September 27th, 2017 at 04:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    You assume both clans started search at exactly the same time.....
    Good point

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtone2001 View Post
    Offensive weights need to be added to ALL Troops, not just the GW.

Someone with Max Heroes, including Warden, and Heavy Troops, like Bowlers, Witches, Dragon, Loon, Healer and spells, must have a weight higher than a Max TH10.
    While I agree with your overall sentiment about offensive troops, a blanket incremental weight increase for ALL troops is not the answer.
    There have been some great forum discussions on the subject of non linearity/weighting of troops, and it's effectiveness across all TH levels. Just upgrading Dragons is a prime example that can decimate a lower TH level. (My own clan uses Dragons as it's ' go to' attack strategy at many TH levels including TH11 v TH11 and certainly TH11 v TH10 dips).

There's also an infamous base within a notorious clan that has an early TH9 with only level 4 Hogs and Heal spell upgraded for TH9 but has a defensive weight ( and in theory a total offensive weight ) less than a max TH8. Almost impossible for a TH8 to 3 star, but it can 3 star any other TH8 with ease.
    In this case, what incremental offensive weight "should" be added to that Hogrider/Heal TH9? - a tricky one.

From this announcement, we can only assume that 'certain' items within an attackers profile are being tweaked to reflect this.
    The Grand Wardens offensive weight would be a great start imo!
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 10 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...H8-s-to-TH11-s My spec: early TH11, 41/40/6