Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Reddit now the place to be?

Forum Elder
    Even the new SC game's sub forum is a link from the 'official forum' straight into Reddit.

I agree that the forum is not dead, the members, gasps and mods all keep it very much alive. But as Sammydict mentioned, it does feel like the forum is now playing second fiddle to Reddit and it is very sad if that is SCs intention.

I just dont like reddit, the constant swearing and calling each other names, not to mention the horrible form of their threads, etc. Nothing is organised. I don't even like the colours. How can Supercell use reddit when reddit goes against all of their forum rules that they have on here. Strange...

And yes, SC leaving the mods on this forum (mostly Lach) to deal with fallout when they go quiet is cringeworthy. Honestly... I have much sympathy for the orange badges. Unless they're going about being overly strict with threads..but some aren't like that and are well-liked. Honestly if more and more threads get closed by orange badges pretty soon there'll be no new threads, no new members, everyone will be on reddit and having an orange badge here will mean nothing. That's sad. :/

Never argue with idiots, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevejnr View Post
    Even the new SC game's sub forum is a link from the 'official forum' straight into Reddit.

I agree that the forum is not dead, the members, gasps and mods all keep it very much alive. But as Sammydict mentioned, it does feel like the forum is now playing second fiddle to Reddit and it is very sad if that is SCs intention.
    I just went to the Supercell website and it's still linking to this forum for CoC discussions for the time being.

http://supercell.com/en/games/clashofclans/
    Last edited by LynnK2015; September 21st, 2017 at 08:55 AM.
    What the hell?
    The L bunny is elusive as the Scarlet Pimpernel.
    Yet many farms heard recently the toll of the bell.
    Thank you so much sweet Supercell.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...cussion-Thread

I am sure others have noticed that Brawl Stars Link here on the Forum takes you to Reddit

https://forum.supercell.com/forumdis...upercell-Games

Click the Brawl Stars link if you dare...

Edit: And they call it the "Official" channel...
    Last edited by DreadPirateRoberts; September 21st, 2017 at 12:18 PM.
    Wizard's Duel #PGLP0802 Dread Pirate R #2Y0JGYUGU - Max TH12
    Contact me on Discord (Dread Pirate Roberts#5841)
    Credit for avatar - I found it here

Quote Originally Posted by DreadPirateRoberts View Post
    I am sure others have noticed that Brawl Stars Link here on the Forum takes you to Reddit

https://forum.supercell.com/forumdis...upercell-Games

Click the Brawl Stars link if you dare...

Edit: And they call it the "Official" channel...
    At least the link here is transparent. It says it will take you to Reddit.

I clicked on the recruiting link in game yesterday thinking, "Hey, neat! A link to the recruiting sub forum!" Then, because I was getting ready for work, I started brushing my teeth while the page loaded. You know, multitasking or whatever. Next thing I know, I'm on Reddit. Didn't take me but 2 minutes to decide that I don't like it. It's chaos there. To suggest they eat with spoons indicates a level of civility that I don't think exists
    Cloud Control - Why are clouds so terrible, and what are the possible ways to get rid of them?

Quote Originally Posted by Road2Fury View Post
    Reddit is not for me.

Sad to see if it goes that way.
    Agreed, Im not keen on Reddit both as a format and content-wise.

I clicked that link about 2 hours after the new announcement came out and the first thing I saw near the top of the list was a recruitment for a clan with a name that was a sexual reference of a kind the mods would jump on here (and would be changed to something else if reported to Support in game).
    Chapter One #22V00CGY Level 16 International clan
    We welcome strong TH11 and TH12 adult players with big heros for relaxed fun warring, maxing bases and some pushing. Must know where the donate button is!

Forum Elder
    I see some saying it makes sense to ditch forums from a financial perspective. How much could it possibly cost to run this forum? I'm guessing not much in the grand scheme of things. It would be a shame if SC closed up shop to save a few bucks. Plus Reddit is just plain inferior to the forums. I'm sure it has plenty of great people they just reside in a dumpy house.

Saw it too, but i am not just for reddit... There are tons and tons of recruitment threads here, but they decided to give reddit the spotlight. I comment my reserve!

/Ocube06

Quote Originally Posted by Ocube06 View Post
    Saw it too, but i am not just for reddit... There are tons and tons of recruitment threads here, but they decided to give reddit the spotlight. I comment my reserve!

/Ocube06
    Maybe SC is spreading the wealth and having the Reddit mods watch over that thread. Adding another one here may spread the forum mods too thin.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudbugs View Post
    Maybe SC is spreading the wealth and having the Reddit mods watch over that thread. Adding another one here may spread the forum mods too thin.
    This doesn't really work out, the forum already has a recruitment section that has to be 'policed' by the mods so it wouldn't add anything extra to their duties.

If there is a reason for SC to promote recruiting for Reddit its because they keep losing wars against the Forum, maybe SC decided it was embarrassing for them and decided to help them recruit some better players.