Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Diamonds in, strategy out!!

Quote Originally Posted by ninagrozdanovic View Post
    My hood regularly uses diamonds and majority uses also the strategy. We often reach max no of points fast, with other teams behind with 2000-3000 points difference. And yes, we buy diamonds regularly and all the time. Using diamonds is a free choice of any player, is it not?

Absolutely! You are 100% allowed to buy and spend your diamonds however you choose! Do not let anyone tell you otherwise. every farmer in the game has this ability, and it is not fair of someone to complain that people do this just because they are not willing or able to.

I am very appreciative of those people who buy diamonds in the game, because they keep SuperCell in business and allow those who cannot afford to buy diamonds the ability to play for free. (and then they whine about it?? not cool man. not cool at all....)

Thank you, and thanks to your team! You guys rock!
    Last edited by Raelet; September 24th, 2017 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelet View Post
    Absolutely! You are 100% allowed to buy and spend your diamonds however you choose! Do not let anyone tell you otherwise. every farmer in the game has this ability, and it is not fair of someone to complain that people do this just because they are not willing or able to.

I am very appreciative of those people who buy diamonds in the game, because they keep SuperCell in business and allow those who cannot afford to buy diamonds the ability to play for free. (and then they whine about it?? not cool man. not cool at all....)

Thank you, and thanks to your team! You guys rock!
    Thank you, Raelet. 😊

Fresh Spawn
    Personally I would like SC to allow those of us that do not use diamonds in the derby to put us against others that do not use diamonds. Then to put the diamond users to compete with other diamond users. Wouldn’t that make it FAIR!

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by CarolynS View Post
    Personally I would like SC to allow those of us that do not use diamonds in the derby to put us against others that do not use diamonds. Then to put the diamond users to compete with other diamond users. Wouldn’t that make it FAIR!
    CarolynS, you talk as if that's the only reason why some hoods are way ahead just because they use diamonds. There are many other factors involved, such as farm level, how many slots are in machines (some save diamonds to add slots instead of buying deco), playing with multiple farms as support farms and strategy, strategy, strategy. If SC were to match farms that "do not" use diamonds, soon people will be asking SC to match farms that do not have large hoods with other farms to support each other. Besides, lots of people have diamonds just by saving them from mystery boxes or be rewarded when they level up. Are they not allowed to use those diamonds in a derby? But, really, the key is strategy. Don't blame it all on people using diamonds. In my hood, we NEVER refresh the derby board with diamons. We may call a few boats, but we finish fast because of preparing our farms sometimes 3 days before derby even started.

There are too many variables to put such a plan as this in place.

While I only use diamonds to take the extra task when needed, I have no idea what my other hood mates are doing. They could be calling boats early, trains early,etc. without it being required in our hood.

the derby is really a “pea” shoot. Our best derbies are with 10 to 12 opted in and when we don’t have that, we adapt.

most derbies, we are pretty chill, placing top three or at worst top five.

find What works for you.
    Last edited by WussyPuss; February 15th, 2018 at 07:07 AM.
    Farm 135
    CoC TH9 BhB 8 AQ 20 BK 12
    established level 12 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

We are having the exact same problem, some of the hoods have finished after two hours of derby starting, it’s getting very soul destroying to say the least. Dolly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hairclip888 View Post
    Hi, it has been 12 hours since derby started, we trashed nearly 200 tasks but only accepted less than 15 of 320 point-tasks. We are facing 5 very strong derby leaderboard hoods, they seem completing 320 points tasks one after the other!! Please can someone tell me that using diamond the only way to win and strategy is no longer required......
    It depends on your exact sub-bracket.

Some neighborhoods routinely spend diamonds for extra tasks; some only take 320-point tasks; some do both of these. Those choosing "both" seem to tend more common to encounter when neighborhoods only have 1-4 players opting in to the Derby. This week, my neighborhood has only 4 players opting in, and a peek at the scoreboard shows me four neighborhoods whose current scores are multiples of 320. If such a neighborhood is competing in your week's derby and decides to ignore the Bingo board, then unless you are lucky to an absurdly improbable degree, one of these neighborhoods will get the highest points first and a gold trophy. However, there's only just so many of these even in champions league; and some of what SuperCell reps have said leads me to suspect that many of these groups end up clustered to face off against each other.

However, the triple Bingo prizes have tended to be nicer than even the Trophy prizes -- and word of this appears to be spreading. So, while I see a quartet of 320-only derby competitors, two have scores well below the median, suggesting that they have chosen to also attempt an excessively difficult triple -- and one has lost a player. Internal drama and squabbling seem one of the major hazards for Champions League standings. To no surprise, the other two are in line for the gold and bronze trophies, and seem likely to end with gold and silver... but that's not a sure thing, and there's still the bronze... where strategy does not assure getting, but its lack can assure avoiding.

If you're trying for a triple bingo, there are 8 ways to get one on any particular board, but not all ways are equally easy. In some cases, trying to complete a triple bingo using only 320 point tasks may be effectively impossible -- IE, requiring that those tasks appear at statistically absurd rates and point levels. But, if you accept slightly lower point values for some or all tasks, you get a better chance at a triple bingo by trading away a little of your chance for a trophy (or in smaller leagues, the chance for the ninth horseshoe prize). There's room for strategy in this balancing act.
    Farm Tag #29C9L8RGL
    Lvl 120ish Barn 4000ish Silo 3000ish
    Neighborhood #2CU9R88C "Barnstormers" -- seeking an English-speaking active Champions-league derby player lv 40+ from Pacific area (AK/HI/NZ)

Centennial Club
    I hope whoever gets a triple bingo would post their special reward. My hood was set to get a double bingo....almost done and in the last hour of finishing, someone went and did a bingo task that completed a line and that was the end of bingo! SIGH! She wrote, "Why is bingo over? Derby is still going!" I had to explain why. Actually, before derby started I told her (new to bingo) to watch the video over and over and over. It took me many times watching that tutorial before I fully understood all the nuances. Well....I can't blame her totally. She is a busy teacher who probably doesn't have time to watch it "over and over." And, we did tell her to do that cinema task (not for bingo, but for completing her 10 tasks)....we were to be blamed not to have noticed that she would finish her task before those who were finishing the 2 other lines of bingo. So glad it wasn't points-bingo. We are still #1...way ahead and finished within 1 1/2 day.
    BTW, one line bingo bonus was MUNDANE! Just some tools, no permits, no puzzle pieces, no deco.