Thread: New defense mechanism

New defense mechanism

The dog cage, or something like that. If troops are in range of this defensive building, an alarm will break out, and hounds will be released upon the poor troops in their way. The dogs are not very strong on their own, but in a pack, they can swiftly take down the best of troops. They also slow down enemies with their bites. I think this idea would not only add more depth to the game, it would be really cool. Please take this proposition into consideration.

Forum Superstar
    Nope, also wrong sub forum.

Pro Member
    I see you are relatively new to the forums, so:
    a: we have a subforum called "ideas and future requests." Please post in there.
    b: I mean, its possible, I dont think I like this one too much for the following reasons though:
    1. Dogs just dont fit the theme of the game, no offense
    2. By the way you are defining this I see its a defense. I think its a bit chaotic to try and hit moving targets
    3. The only thing that would possibly be translatable to is a critter box of defense: but then no gb or troops to defend your base.
    If you can work around the above problems, you may have something worth considering. Welcome to the forums anyway.

Tanks and Scorchers would be mowing them doggies down

Quote Originally Posted by Mikect1020 View Post
    Nope, also wrong sub forum.
    Oh, sorry, didn't notice I was at the wrong forum

Quote Originally Posted by Bladeheart View Post
    I see you are relatively new to the forums, so:
    a: we have a subforum called "ideas and future requests." Please post in there.
    b: I mean, its possible, I dont think I like this one too much for the following reasons though:
    1. Dogs just dont fit the theme of the game, no offense
    2. By the way you are defining this I see its a defense. I think its a bit chaotic to try and hit moving targets
    3. The only thing that would possibly be translatable to is a critter box of defense: but then no gb or troops to defend your base.
    If you can work around the above problems, you may have something worth considering. Welcome to the forums anyway.
    Sorry for posting twice on the wrong forum, I didn't notice. And you're probably right about the defense mechanism, but I think if it worked kinda like a clan castle in CoC. When any troops are within an area, the dogs are released and charge at the troops. The amount of dogs would multiply with every upgrade. Thanks again for constructive criticism, appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by Elfiam View Post
    Sorry for posting twice on the wrong forum, I didn't notice. And you're probably right about the defense mechanism, but I think if it worked kinda like a clan castle in CoC. When any troops are within an area, the dogs are released and charge at the troops. The amount of dogs would multiply with every upgrade. Thanks again for constructive criticism, appreciate it
    I'm pretty sure this idea is ruled out because Supercell has already ruled out any clan castles or any troops that defend your base i.e. moving targets
    https://forum-content.supercell.com/signaturepics/sigpic1628699_2.gif
    Phoenix|Level 65|Brigadier III|57 TD|33 TH|110 GBE|46 RR|​- RETIRED
    Phoenix 2.0|Level 46|Captain III|44 TD|35 TH|86 GBE|72PSC|50 RR​|

From the title I pictured something more like a man trap. Hidden pits that open up and kill troops, or simply hold them in a cage out of action.

Interesting idea. Dog attacks were annoying but fun in COD:WAW 10 years ago. It doesn't really fit the island theme of boom beach though. Angry monkeys would be more suitable.

Keep working on it.
    main HQ 22 Lvl 65 - VP 1150 - GB 40 17 17 17 - PSC 66 - TD 29 12 TH 32 - BD 34 BH 28
    ... alt (retired) HQ 22 Lvl 58 - VP 570 - GB 40 17 17 17 16 - PSC 74 29 - TD 26 12 TH 27

Quote Originally Posted by megacrab View Post
    From the title I pictured something more like a man trap. Hidden pits that open up and kill troops, or simply hold them in a cage out of action.

Interesting idea. Dog attacks were annoying but fun in COD:WAW 10 years ago. It doesn't really fit the island theme of boom beach though. Angry monkeys would be more suitable.

Keep working on it.
    Thanks for your reply😂