Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Clan war match doesn't make sense

Quote Originally Posted by TexasMo View Post
    My clan last war matched against 7 th11s to our 1 in war, the match made no sense at all. We didnt have any .5s or engineered bases in war, but matched with a full engineered clan.
    We have faced engineered clans in every war besides 1 since the new update. We are a maxer clan.
    Which is rather good evidence against what you were trying to claim in your first post.

You might want to consider what SC said - this is in Darian's interview with Ash:
    It's not like we just wanted to strictly pair engineered clans to engineered clans
    Which makes your first post
    You have .5s in war, that is considered as a form of engineering. The new mm is designed to match engineers with each other. Basically you got out engineered.
    rather pointless really. SC have said that's not what they're doing. And your attempt to be offensive with the "out-engineered" comment - do you really think OP has built that lineup to try to stomp opponents in hideously one-sided matches? He was no more out-engineered than you were in all your wars.
    Last edited by OnyxDS; September 13th, 2017 at 09:32 PM.
    TH9.5 | 2000+ war stars | Trophy record as TH9: 4579 (rank #4141, #67 in UK); as a 9.5: 5282
    XX: 5300+ | FF: 1900+ | AA 200+ | GG/EE/HH: who's counting?
    Forum cup organiser. The forum cup discord server is: https://discord.gg/KEUxV2e

Quote Originally Posted by iBork View Post
    Oh really? You are missing the point, but even if you are right...
    Out-engineered. Not unfair, out-engineered.
    31 win streak snapped. Still working towards 50 red-less streak...

View Kick Smurf Information: https://cocp.it/clan/R0U88CYQ

Thanks for stopping by and provide your thought.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OnyxDS View Post
    Which is rather good evidence against what you were trying to claim in your first post.

You might want to consider what SC said - this is in Darian's interview with Ash:

Which makes your first post

rather pointless really. SC have said that's not what they're doing. And your attempt to be offensive with the "out-engineered" comment - do you really think OP has built that lineup to try to stomp opponents in hideously one-sided matches? He was no more out-engineered than you were in all your wars.
    All I stated was sc sees .5s as a form of engineering, he has those in war, which from my experience draws those types of matches.
    That war I shared we didn't run any engineered bases or offset bases in war, but still drew a full engineered clan.

The match up he has isnt even close to fair. And for my clan we have had 1 close to balanced war since the new mm came out. The other 5 clans in our alliance are experiencing the same as my clan. Imo its worse than its ever been, in the means of mm.

Okay, so I dropped by OP's plan.

This is what I found.

OP's Roster:

Top 11 Bases, pretty average, some are definitely pushing the .5 boundary, but not horrible offenders. There is a th10 under a th9 or two. What jumped out to me most about the roster is spots #12 - #15. #12 is a practically defenseless th9, with 10/10 heroes and some decent troops. #13 - #15 with super light defenses/missing some. I think #15 might be a defenseless 3 (I already forgot).

Other Clans Roster:

Same as OP's for the top, pretty standard bases though pretty advanced on offense as you could tell. The bottom of their roster reflects a similar "play style" of engineered accounts (obviously the th11 at the bottom was defenseless and so were a few others).

Summary:

Due to the fact that its a small war (15 vs 15) and that they range from mid th11 to defenseless 3 with at least two accounts that the matchmaker (OMMMA) would see as engineered, there are a few reasons why this match (a bad one) happened.

1. Op's roster break down is pretty uncommon break down.
    2. Throw in a bit of engineering.

These two issues are probably the biggest reason for the types of clan you match. OMMMA may be classifying your clan as lopsided/engineered enough that you will be matching other lopsided/engineered clans. "similar play styles". From what I have seen on the forums, those matches are/can be c r a p shows with one side of the other being at a huge disadvantage.

Possible Solution:

Op's clan has a strong line up at the top with some good attackers, I would suggest cleaning up your roster. Drop the bottom 4 bases from war line up and add in some average th9's maybe even some 8.5's. It shouldn't be hard to recruit them as OP's clan has a solid record and good performance. And you have plenty of good attacks to cover any lower bases missed. You might even consider throwing in some of your lower but normal bases from your clan as fillers, even if they do not attack (as long as you can cover them). They don't need to be anything special, just a little more "normal". How long was the search if you don't mind answering one more question?

That being said, best of luck Dragon! And, thanks for letting me drop by.

P.S. my theory is still intact!
    Last edited by SuperStorm103; September 13th, 2017 at 09:18 PM.
    DeathStorm-10|18/20|2045*|FireStorm-10|15/19|2051*|SuperStorm-9|10/14|2002*
    DragonStorm-9|4/5|1361*|PerfectStorm-9|5/7|1301*|BarkStorm-11|16/18/5|1252*
    BrainStorm
    -10|10/13|1304*

Got it. Thanks so much for your time and expertise really appreciated !!!

war search was 40 min
    Last edited by thefinale1; September 13th, 2017 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasMo View Post
    All I stated was sc sees .5s as a form of engineering, he has those in war, which from my experience draws those types of matches.
    That war I shared we didn't run any engineered bases or offset bases in war, but still drew a full engineered clan.

The match up he has isnt even close to fair. And for my clan we have had 1 close to balanced war since the new mm came out. The other 5 clans in our alliance are experiencing the same as my clan. Imo its worse than its ever been, in the means of mm.
    No, .5's are not an issue in my expereince. I have seen a lot of well documented wars in a few threads on these forums that have multiple .5's in their line up (including my own 9 matches). They seem to be getting acceptable matches.

SC dealt a blow to the high extreme clans/accounts in trying to match them to each other. Hence the really long search times. This also jives with the vague statement of making matches "appear more fair". Clans with extreme rosters will match other clans with extreme rosters. The average clan, even one running .5's should not be matching clan with extreme engineered/high end defenseless accounts. That was probably my biggest take away from this update. There is still much to be improved upon, but it was a good first step in my opinion.
    Last edited by SuperStorm103; September 13th, 2017 at 09:28 PM.
    BrainStorm
    -10|10/13|1304*

Quote Originally Posted by thefinale1 View Post
    Got it. Thanks so much for your time and expertise really appreciated !!!

war search was 40 min
    Make sure you reset at 29. Once you get over 30 mins it can make things get dicey
    Co-Leader of Monkey Bizness. Lv 15 constant war clan. #GV228Q9
    The Frosty Trinity
    Blaze - TH11 - K45/Q45/W20
    Fire - TH10 - K37/Q40
    Inferno - TH10 - K37/Q40

Quote Originally Posted by AFrostyBlaze View Post
    Make sure you reset at 29. Once you get over 30 mins it can make things get dicey
    I feel lucky, we have only had 1 search go over 35 minutes.
    BrainStorm
    -10|10/13|1304*

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperStorm103 View Post
    No, .5's are not an issue in my expereince. I have seen a lot of well documented wars in a few threads on these forums that have multiple .5's in their line up (including my own 9 matches). They seem to be getting acceptable matches.

SC dealt a blow to the high extreme clans/accounts in trying to match them to each other. Hence the really long search times. This also jives with the vague statement of making matches "appear more fair". Clans with extreme rosters will match other clans with extreme rosters. The average clan, even one running .5's should not be matching clan with extreme engineered/high end defenseless accounts. That was probably my biggest take away from this update. There is still much to be improved upon, but it was a good first step in my opinion.
    We are mostly maxed clan but do have a few .5s dont have any other engineered bases. Th10 through th8 mainly, except for one war a th11 opted in and warred. We have even sat the. 5s a few wars. All of our wars have matched with engineered clans except for 1 war.
    We dont let search go over 25 minutes. Maybe we havent found the right mix of ths in war, i dont know.