Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: We no longer allow strong th10 in our wars

Wherever "sneak peak" is being improperly used...
    Quote Originally Posted by AFrostyBlaze View Post
    Eh...th11 v 11 3 star is definitely harder than 10 v 10 right now since the new defensive update.

I would agree that giving th10 a grand warden would make it too easy though

What th10 needs is a slight defensive nerf, maybe removing that wiz tower level they added would be a start.
    Or scaling back cannon dps. I Believe SC did say that was only a temporary fix back in the day when they gave the do buff.
    IGN: Sneak Peak; TH10 - Lvl 185; 1072 War *s; GG 1.4b; EE 1.6b; HH 9.5m; FIN 375k;
    40/40 BK/AQ [last updated 8/8/17]

Quote Originally Posted by TheWarDictator View Post
    Yes, including the 10s in your war roster is a bad strategy.
    I agree for the average th10 war is pretty bad right now.

Meh we have an 85% win rate and currently on a 6 streak so it works well for us
    Maybe you would win 95% without them or maybe your th10s are awesome. Hard to say.
    Th11 here, several other accounts th8-10 (ok 6 more accounts, don't tell my wife). Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Some tips/thoughts on Legends here. Engineers aren't the problem, they are the symptom of a problematic matchmaker. My Legends hope: PvP 5500+ with attack limit, leave rest same, including usual legends from 5000-5499. Contact SC here

Millennial Club
    Eh...th11 v 11 3 star is definitely harder than 10 v 10 right now since the new defensive update.

I would agree that giving th10 a grand warden would make it too easy though

What th10 needs is a slight defensive nerf, maybe removing that wiz tower level they added would be a start.
    O truth but its not as surprising when u 3 a th10 vs a th11. Th10s threes r expected more overall compared to th11 threes. It's more obtainable n realistic in terms of numbers. Hence y I said th10 is most challenging th in game. They r both very hard to pull off but u have slightly higher chance to three a th10 than a th11 no? Wit that said its still way too hard to three a th10 bc even if u make slightest mistake, game over whereas th9 allows for some errors n u can still pull off a three. Im not sayin threein a th10 should b as easy as threein a th9 but it shouldnt n this frustrating. Which brings me to this question. Should th10s b expected to b threed? If so y not th11s? It shouldnt b easy but also it shouldnt b this hard unless u mod lol

Quote Originally Posted by kimchilove View Post
    O truth but its not as surprising when u 3 a th10 vs a th11. Th10s threes r expected more overall compared to th11 threes. It's more obtainable n realistic in terms of numbers. Hence y I said th10 is most challenging th in game. They r both very hard to pull off but u have slightly higher chance to three a th10 than a th11 no? Wit that said its still way too hard to three a th10 bc even if u make slightest mistake, game over whereas th9 allows for some errors n u can still pull off a three. Im not sayin threein a th10 should b as easy as threein a th9 but it shouldnt n this frustrating. Which brings me to this question. Should th10s b expected to b threed? If so y not th11s? It shouldnt b easy but also it shouldnt b this hard unless u mod lol
    I have no idea what you're trying to say but bottom line at the moment 11 v 11 3 is the hardest thing in the game. 11 v 10 3 is super easy. 10 v 10 is super hard but not as hard as 11 v 11.

Neither 10 v 10 or 11 v 11 should be expected to be a 3 with our current offensive and defensive tools. We can expect 11s to 3 10s though
    Co-Leader of Monkey Bizness. Lv 15 constant war clan. #GV228Q9
    The Frosty Trinity
    Blaze - TH11 - K45/Q45/W20
    Fire - TH10 - K31/Q35
    Inferno - TH10 - K31/Q35

Millennial Club
    I have no idea what you're trying to say but bottom line at the moment 11 v 11 3 is the hardest thing in the game. 11 v 10 3 is super easy. 10 v 10 is super hard but not as hard as 11 v 11.

Neither 10 v 10 or 11 v 11 should be expected to be a 3 with our current offensive and defensive tools. We can expect 11s to 3 10s though
    Lol yea thought my post was a bit messy also. What u said is pretty much what I said lol. N I agree it shouldn't b expected wit our current tools but y not? Most rush I personally get is by threein but at current state its very hard to pull off unless design is weak.

While I often note my support for a little offensive buff at th11, in this context I would note that the lack of th10 3 stars is a bigger problem. If the th10 cannot 3 star they become useless other than if they can 2 star the enemy th11.
    Th11 here, several other accounts th8-10 (ok 6 more accounts, don't tell my wife). Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Some tips/thoughts on Legends here. Engineers aren't the problem, they are the symptom of a problematic matchmaker. My Legends hope: PvP 5500+ with attack limit, leave rest same, including usual legends from 5000-5499. Contact SC here

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    While I often note my support for a little offensive buff at th11, in this context I would note that the lack of th10 3 stars is a bigger problem. If the th10 cannot 3 star they become useless other than if they can 2 star the enemy th11.
    in a sense. it really depends on the amount of th11s in the war though. say we bring 3 th11 and 8 th10 to the table and other clan gets 4 11s and 7 10s, some of the 10s still matter because they won't have enough th11 raids to use on all of our 10s.

maybe we've been lucky but for the past few weeks we have only had a difference of 1 th11 in our wars so our 10s have still mattered because the enemy hasn't had the th11 raids to dip on all of them and it comes down to which clan's 10s can get a 3 or higher % than the other clan's 10s.

in the cases that many are complaining that their 10s are being matched against 11s nearly every war then yes, their 10s would be useless unfortunately. we are very thankful to the matchmaking god that has not happened
    Co-Leader of Monkey Bizness. Lv 15 constant war clan. #GV228Q9
    The Frosty Trinity
    Blaze - TH11 - K45/Q45/W20
    Fire - TH10 - K31/Q35
    Inferno - TH10 - K31/Q35

Quote Originally Posted by WookieFloyd View Post
    Just to be clear I wasn't calling you a hypocrite, just was surprised to see you running th10.5s. Frankly I like seeing all the different upgrade paths and don't consider any of them to be bad, but I do not agree with the crazy mismatches from the MM. Can I ask what has made you and your clan mates decide against dropping eagles on those th11s? Also were they true max th10s before going to 11 (I think I already know the answer to this but)?
    With the exception of some walls and possibly the odd Clone spell, all our TH11's went to TH11 as 'near fully' maxed TH10's with 40/40.
    The decision not to build Eagles is/was based upon the regularity of our bases being 3 starred.
    Max TH10's are tough to 3 star, even for many TH11's. To this end the high incremental defensive weight of the Eagle, seemed of little value to our bases, and our roster.

Just to be clear, we are not a CWL level clan, and 99% of the time, neither are our opponents.
    Traditionally, we are maxer orientated, and so our old school progression strategy is built around old school X.5 progression, text book if you like, ie :-

Progress via X.5, as let us not forget X.5 is the domain of maxers! So,

a) Max 8's go 8.5, and build Xbows when you are capable of 3 starring bases with Xbows (typically teen Heroes as a rule of thumb!)
    b) Max 9's go 9.5 and build Infernos, when you/the clan deem your base is drawing opponents with Infernos (this is usually fairly early)
    c) Max 10's go 10.5....but don't build the Eagle.

This very basic clan strategy has served us fairly well. Most of our members are adults with full time jobs, families etc and they want to enjoy all parts of the game, including defending.

To summarise, here comes the ambiguous/maybe slightly hypocritical bit ......

Q. Are we engineering?
    A. Well I suppose we are to some extent (answers on a postcard!) I can accept this, there is 'intent' to progress in a certain manner.

Q. Are we engineers?
    A. Wow, this is an interesting question! Let us not forget that engineering existed way before the March 2016 update. These forums are littered with some amazing discussions (and arguments) about engineering from 2015 in particular. Building 'lopsided' bases is a form of engineering, but are they really engineers, or just 'copy and paste' base builders with relatively low knowledge about war weight or matchmaking?
    If, for example, you asked one of the leaders of the most successful engineered clan of all time, whether they considered the owner of a defenceless single cannon, TH11 with max Dragons and 45/45/20 Heroes to be an 'engineer', I would guess/suggest you might want to cover your ears before listening to the answer!!

Hence why the topic of engineering, or being an engineer, seems to create a mud slinging frenzy!
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 10 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...H8-s-to-TH11-s My spec: TH10, Heroes 40/40

The sad truth

They're never going to correct max bases drawing unbalanced matchups. supercell is only thinking of 1 thing; $$$$. They don't care about the money you already spent to get where you are, they just want more of your money, and a maxed out base won't get them any more. So if anything, expect them to make things even worse for us max bases.

It's somewhat subjective, but IMO, TH10vTH10 three stars is harder than TH11vTH11 three stars. Regardless, I think the main point is the TH10 game is a little out of whack right now, and could use adjustments.
    Start Dec '12 | Hi Lg/Lv: Legend / 181
    Accounts:
    TH11Hi(695 Stars)|TH9Max(1315)|TH9Max(1305)|TH10Hi(1020)|TH10Max (760)|TH9Hi(520)|2TH9Hi (300+)
    "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time." Leo Tolstoy