Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Engineered Bases

Engineered Bases

These Engineered Bases are a total spoil sport. Really kills the spirit of game. Mocks straight on face of the claim Fair Play announcement by the authorities. All support the withdrawal of these bases or their attack stars not added in total in clan wars if such reports are made by clans. Like in recent war declared our team is having no th 11 but opponents r on with 4 th11. These r not rushed base as they r Engineered base. No 3 , a th 11 army has max witches, lava, balloons etc including a warden, base also strong but is being pitted against th 10 as he hasn't got eagle artillery, what kinda fair play is this ? We have decided to boycott this war by not attacking and writing to authorities to take some action to let good players continue with the game

Centennial Club
    Don't give up, they might not be the best attackers! Engineering has become sort of like a recipe, but only the best chefs can use that recipe for proper success - the majority follow it because they need help - but that doesn't mean the final product is going to taste good.
    Leader of Inflated CoC, the undefeated, self-sufficient Australian born clan
    48-0-0 (as of 22 July 2017)

For clan info, please contact us via private message

Forum Contender
    Quote Originally Posted by Subhash1000 View Post
    These Engineered Bases are a total spoil sport. Really kills the spirit of game. Mocks straight on face of the claim Fair Play announcement by the authorities. All support the withdrawal of these bases or their attack stars not added in total in clan wars if such reports are made by clans. Like in recent war declared our team is having no th 11 but opponents r on with 4 th11. These r not rushed base as they r Engineered base. No 3 , a th 11 army has max witches, lava, balloons etc including a warden, base also strong but is being pitted against th 10 as he hasn't got eagle artillery, what kinda fair play is this ? We have decided to boycott this war by not attacking and writing to authorities to take some action to let good players continue with the game
    The are just optimising their bases to the matchmaker supercell provides. As everyone (almost) does to a greater or lesser extent. You have every right to be upset, but your target of anger should be the supercell matchmaker, not the people who simply upgrade in a fashion the matchmaker clearly rewards.
    Clan - Highland chiefs, Highland rebels, Highlandchiefs2
    Position - clan lunatic
    Accounts - 11 heavy with eagle!!! What have i done, D rushed 11; 10.5, 2 x 10.25; premmi 10.5; 2 x noob rushed 11; super 9.05 (9.11), badly rushed th11, super 9.25 (9.11 in progress).

Quote Originally Posted by Subhash1000 View Post
    We have decided to boycott this war by not attacking and writing to authorities to take some action to let good players continue with the game
    People have been doing that for literally years now. It's not working.

Everybody hates being told, 'adapt or quit' by engineers, especially since its usually tossed out with some degree of attitude. Don't think there's a third option though, except maybe 'live with it'.
    Level 10 Adult War Clan METAMUCIL.
    And some of us are old enough that its not just a funny word...
    Metamucil keeps the red out of our logs. Small wars, great record, low pressure.
    War Record - https://cocp.it/clan/82GJJV2J

Quote Originally Posted by TankSinatra View Post

Everybody hates being told, 'adapt or quit' by engineers, especially since its usually tossed out with some degree of attitude. Don't think there's a third option though, except maybe 'live with it'.
    Well stated. Agree.
    Start Dec '12 | Hi Lg/Lv: Legend / 184
    Accounts:
    TH11Hi(745 Stars)|TH9Max(1385)|TH9Max(1385)|TH11Lo(1030)|TH10Max (770)|TH10Lo(520)|2TH9Hi (300+)
    "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time." Leo Tolstoy

Forum Veteran

I really hate the attitude that is often sent with it also.

Quote Originally Posted by Vikingchief View Post
    The are just optimising their bases to the matchmaker supercell provides. As everyone (almost) does to a greater or lesser extent. You have every right to be upset, but your target of anger should be the supercell matchmaker, not the people who simply upgrade in a fashion the matchmaker clearly rewards.
    As far as who to blame well it is interesting to me that in sports and in life winners often look inward over a defeat. They look at what they can change. However in this game many look outward and want to blame the engineer or the MM. Just a very interesting observation.
    If you're not smarter than the guy you're dealing with you lose.
    You failed to utilize the most effective strategy by not using the most available resources to affect your outcome.
    I play to win. You play to see how tough you are.
    Defeat the enemy anyway you can.

Forum Contender
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJackrabbit View Post
    I really hate the attitude that is often sent with it also.

As far as who to blame well it is interesting to me that in sports and in life winners often look inward over a defeat. They look at what they can change. However in this game many look outward and want to blame the engineer or the MM. Just a very interesting observation.
    i optimised my bases as much as I thought was fun versus the matchmaker, I never blame it when we lose, I blame it for giving too much advantage to the wrong people making wars boring, sub optimising supercells revenue, causing people to quit, causing many to moan, and destroying the status of a war log.
    Position - clan lunatic
    Accounts - 11 heavy with eagle!!! What have i done, D rushed 11; 10.5, 2 x 10.25; premmi 10.5; 2 x noob rushed 11; super 9.05 (9.11), badly rushed th11, super 9.25 (9.11 in progress).

Forum Contender

Course there a third option, develop a group of individuals who agree to have certain maximum setpoints at which they can engineer, call it the real wars society (RWC), not a league, allthough certainly could be one day using dorsans or onyx matchning principles, but i digress.

so essentially we come to an agreement on what the maximum extent of the different kinds of engineering are allowed, and we have observers and a reporting system for clans who break the rules.

this isnt about telling others how to play, Its about brining legitimacy to are war logs and trying to enjoy the game despite the matchmocker supercell currently uses.
    Position - clan lunatic

I am guilty of "adapt or quit" attitude. I will try to tone it down.
    Still believe adapting is something I can control. Still believe waiting for SC to solve my problems for me is futile.
    Dad gummit there is that attitude again. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Vikingchief View Post
    Course there a third option, develop a group of individuals who agree to have certain maximum setpoints at which they can engineer, call it the real wars society (RWC), not a league, allthough certainly could be one day using dorsans or onyx matchning principles, but i digress.
    If its a league I'd say that falls under "adapt", adapting doesn't necessarily mean engineering. It can mean trying to avoid engineers through roster changes, leagues, FW.
    If the real wars society is just a voluntary tag, for people to put in their description while spinning randoms (like Fair Play Clan) I don't see it making a difference.
    Level 10 Adult War Clan METAMUCIL.
    And some of us are old enough that its not just a funny word...
    Metamucil keeps the red out of our logs. Small wars, great record, low pressure.
    War Record - https://cocp.it/clan/82GJJV2J