Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Defending against the surround and pound attack....

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by CastleGrayskul View Post
    I use warriors all the time..doesnt matter if you have flamers or hotpots or SGs..i take them all down.the really hard ones i just use my op boost.im at 1120 vp so i see SGs alot..i agree with the previous posters also..just try and get intel and diamonds..thats the true goal without ice
    Definitely agree with this. I'm at 1070 and still use warriors to clear most of my map. Most bases at this VP are maxed, have SGs, numerous ice, and boosted MPs. I think the best thing to do is just set your base up to get Intel though, because if you set your base up against warriors then your base will be substantially weaker against other troop combos that you probably won't even get Intel from. Dual SG bases with heavy ice are difficult for my warriors, but a couple of guys in my TF routinely take down 1 million health bases down with warriors, so even those bases can't defend.

I mean its a given that defending from smokey attacks is entirely dependant upon the skill of the user themselves and typically NOT how hard you make your base. Against warriors I think one of the annoying things is when the SL/Hotpot is hunched up against the HQ to where the user is forced to shock a small portion of his troops whilst shocking them. You could try that?

But sometimes it just won't help... when I was a bit higher in the VP range, I had a pvp who had a back corner base with a shield III out in top left away form HQ, the HQ itself had 275ishk ice health (higher ice levels than the #1 on the LB at the time) and I still took him out using warriors... ok i might be bragging but my point was what I originally said in the first sentence. oh and this was without heroes at the time.
    Last edited by BoomDestroyer; 2 Weeks Ago at 04:02 PM.
    Boomer Since April 2014
    Lvl:65 1100VP+ ​HQ:22
    If you ask me, some boom players have a weird fixation for turtles
    17% / 17% / 17% / 17% / 17% / 40% GBE | 31% TD / 13% TD / 13% TD / 13% TD

What is this "defending" that you all speak of? I have never heard of it...
    Last edited by 1jeffrey1; 2 Weeks Ago at 06:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikect1020 View Post
    I boosted medic damage once. THERE IS NO BOOST TO HEALING.

Quote Originally Posted by twinta View Post
    I wish I was allowed this many screw ups at my job.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikect1020 View Post
    As Phoenix said, there is no way to stop all types of attacks. Another prototype defense that works well against warriors is the hot pot. I have these on both of my accounts and I only get raided by warrior once every few days. That said, I get raided my T Meds, CRZM, and Grank Meds 8-10x each day.

Another thing you can do to make it harder for warrior players is to use a back corner layout. Put a flame thrower along the right side and put the HQ next to it. If you position this right the attacker can't shock the flame thrower without shocking his own troops. This works even better with a hot pot.
    Not sure I agree with the back corner base being good against warriors. I routinely take out back corner bases unboosted, with minimal losses. The main factor is the mine placement. If you use ground flares rather than building flares then you can get the warriors to hug the right (or left) wall and miss most of mines.

I have 6gbe/4td statues on main account, and after fully boosted op attack, I can almost always wipe out 100% of my map with warriors in just 1 hour. It doesn't matter what prototypes you use - your base will go down. The only issue may be if you deploy 3sg, or have 5+ boosted ice, then warriors might have a trouble. But in those cases, crzm wipeout will be trivial.

Example how warriors can simply burn through 2sg:

I'm just ROTFLMAO over the "Surround and Pound" title haha

Quote Originally Posted by MasterBoomer View Post
    I'm just ROTFLMAO over the "Surround and Pound" title haha
    I think it a rather appropo name for the strategy....
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG20YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctaire View Post
    I think it a rather appropo name for the strategy....
    It is!

10chars

I put up a shield generator...now I'm getting killed by other trooops instead. <Grumble>

Oh well....
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG20YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.

I think the real point of this post is that the warriors are ridiculous and need to be tamed, Super Cell really screwed up when they added them. It should not be impossible to defend against any one type of attacker. All of you who are so proud of yourselves for using them should take a reality check. It takes no skill so don't think you are so awesome, anyone can do it. You are probably the same people who though you were so great at COD for quick scopeing and knifing. FO!