Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Remove Clan Wars Recommended target

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    True, my mistake. External apps and websites can do this, but I think an in-game feature would be much more convenient and would improve enjoyment.

Thanks for the suggestion of ClashCaller.com. I gave it a go, and it was pretty good, pretty simple, but not quite simple enough for everyone in the clan, which includes kids.
    Thanks George, I think you have some experience on other external Apps, we as a clan use kik, and thanks for the support.

Hi Gorbash, my proposal/idea is not a necessity, but I beleive it would greatly improve the game. Yes other external Apps are available, and if clans like to use them, there is nothing to force a clan to use my proposed "Target Notes".

TBH, what could be simpler than logging in for war to find the targets and suggested methods have been sorted by your experienced leaders. Clans without this structure could keep the old confusing SC target system if the "target Notes" are kept an option (as per my earlier posts) like the public war log, friendly war leader controls.
    A qualified Engineer since 1985 - use engineering analysis and strategy in everything I do

Agreed. A simple method of target designation within the game is better than switching apps.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuartlittle View Post
    Agreed. A simple method of target designation within the game is better than switching apps.
    We find that the hard core of the clan/s who are active and chat all the time understand, but it's the ones that log in occasionally for a raid or war attack that dont bother checking the war plan, or even the current chat around their troop requests that we are trying to aim at, and myself specifically with this thread.

Would be nice to get some response or feedback from sc some time in the future
    A qualified Engineer since 1985 - use engineering analysis and strategy in everything I do

Quote Originally Posted by Flobber View Post
    As leader of a couple of clans, the highest being level 12, I have found the flashing "recommended target" to be the cause of problems on war days to those new to warring (usually), where the SC recommended target goes against what we have decided as a war plan to suit our strengths in offence. It has also sometimes lead to missed attacks where a th8 is reccomended to attack a th9 with barely the chance of a star.

My suggestion is to give the "clan" and it's leader an option to remove the recommended target, and have a Boom Beach Operation style "notes" for each base to be added by a leader/co. This can be done through social/chat groups, but I personally like the Boom Beach permanent notes option.

e.g. Base 3 is a Max th9, and the leader/co suggests in the notes that our base 20 should scout it with air troops from the east for traps, and our base 2 should use his preferred lavaloon. The notes can be as simple or detailed as the clan needs if the space is there, and as per the clan info, only edited by a leader/co to avoid abuse.

Giving it as a clan switch type option (as per public/private log), only those clans who wish to organise themselves in this way could use it. The others clans who dont have the organisation may like to just go for it with the recommended and hope they have all bases covered.

I Have done a search through the forums, but couldn't find a similar thread/idea.

Your thoughts please

I have suggested the same idea about adding a note on February 2016, still waiting on the idea to come implemented

CLAN WARS : Allow a side note in clan wars on the map to write a few lines, for eg: to assign a certain player to attack the base etc (as chat gets over-clocked and cant assign every player in a clan mail)

the link to my post is :

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...ight=KrazyIvan

- 2012 x mas tree in the Gold Rush mission
    - 2013 x mas tree in the Gobbotown mission
    - 2014 x mas tree in the Fools Gold mission

Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    The recommendation target only causes problems. It is never useful. It confuses new players, old players know to ignore it.

We've known this for years, have been saying so for years, and nothing.
    Still don't know why they haven't removed it...

They know MM is horrible so having the recommended target just shows how off the balancing is. lol

Edit: This 100%
    my proposal/idea is not a necessity, but I beleive it would greatly improve the game. Yes other external Apps are available, and if clans like to use them, there is nothing to force a clan to use my proposed "Target Notes"

Even with using other apps to call bases it's easy to miss something. In game notes sound easy to add... and to prevent spam all you would have to have notes include WHO posts, and only elders can delete them for another person to add a note. Great Idea!
    Last edited by Crusher13; 3 Days Ago at 12:45 AM.
    Need a sig :'(
    TH11 Crusher永 - DarkFarm | AQ45 BK40 GW20
    TH10 Crusher - Visiting | AQ40 BK40
    TH9 Crush Jr. - None | AQ30 BK30
    TH7 King Crusher - Searching | BK1

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyIvan View Post
    I have suggested the same idea about adding a note on February 2016, still waiting on the idea to come implemented

the link to my post is :

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...ight=KrazyIvan

I thought i could not have been the first to suggest this, my search obviously didn't find it in your thread.

It is something simple that would have a positive effect on clan wars and clan life in general to stop mis-understanding when it comes to targets (If used properly)

I thought i could not have been the first to suggest this, my search obviously didn't find it in your thread.

It is something simple that would have a positive effect on clan wars and clan life in general to stop mis-understanding when it comes to targets (If used properly)

It is indeed.

It is something simple that would have a positive effect
    On point ^

It was implemented on boombeach, I hope one point they will implement it on clash too ( but i think they don't see our suggestions)

- 2012 x mas tree in the Gold Rush mission
    - 2013 x mas tree in the Gobbotown mission
    - 2014 x mas tree in the Fools Gold mission