Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Treat new comers nice in the hood

Treat new comers nice in the hood

Have you thought about how new comers be treated in the hood? I have. The common with the hoods is that the players been playing together mostly for a long time together . They are a tight group. In comes the rookie. Its welcome to the hood and a little chat after that not much talk to the rookie at all. Why is this? Whats wrong?
    The rookie tries to help, say thank you for help, try to chat with the players in the hood. What do they do? Dont say anything just ignore the rookie.
    Then comes the talk between the other players the rookie doesnt talk to them. But the rookie had tried and has given up. Is this the way its suppose to be?
    You who have hoods has you even thought about this? You treat rookies very bad. Many rookies dosent dare to bring this up and those who do they will be kicked out or the rookie leaves the hood and you wonder why.
    Is this fair? Have you forgot you have been a rookie too?
    I think the treatment of new comers are a discrease. I think you leaders and coleaders should be a shame of yourselfs. This problem is not the rookies fault. They try their best. Its the players in the hood who makes this problem. No one wants to talk about this. Its tabu.

Centennial Club
    Not all neighborhoods are like that. My neighbor hood is very friendly to all. Some of us have been together for over a year, others a few months. All will tell you that we treat everyone the same. 3 new players last week in my hood it's like they have been with us a long time. Not all neighborhoods are like that, you might have to join and try a few more to find one that fits you. Sorry that you feel that way it's a game .. It's suppose to be fun.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwartzekatze74 View Post
    Have you thought about how new comers be treated in the hood? I have. The common with the hoods is that the players been playing together mostly for a long time together . They are a tight group. In comes the rookie. Its welcome to the hood and a little chat after that not much talk to the rookie at all. Why is this? Whats wrong?
    The rookie tries to help, say thank you for help, try to chat with the players in the hood. What do they do? Dont say anything just ignore the rookie.
    Then comes the talk between the other players the rookie doesnt talk to them. But the rookie had tried and has given up. Is this the way its suppose to be?
    You who have hoods has you even thought about this? You treat rookies very bad. Many rookies dosent dare to bring this up and those who do they will be kicked out or the rookie leaves the hood and you wonder why.
    Is this fair? Have you forgot you have been a rookie too?
    I think the treatment of new comers are a discrease. I think you leaders and coleaders should be a shame of yourselfs. This problem is not the rookies fault. They try their best. Its the players in the hood who makes this problem. No one wants to talk about this. Its tabu.
    Well, we changed our NH requirements because we got people who were there just to 'ask' for stuff to expand barn and silo...they never talked to us, never provided information about where they live, or what they did for living....just asked for stuff. It took one derby to realize all they wanted was our stuff. They even had the audacity to invite a few of their friends who were there for the same thing. Kicked them all out....changed to request to join NH. We screen players first and don't make them co leaders for at least a month.

lvl 116, town lvl 44.
    Last edited by PapaWiz; September 1st, 2017 at 04:17 PM.

Sent you a PM

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayville View Post
    Not all neighborhoods are like that. My neighbor hood is very friendly to all. Some of us have been together for over a year, others a few months. All will tell you that we treat everyone the same. 3 new players last week in my hood it's like they have been with us a long time. Not all neighborhoods are like that, you might have to join and try a few more to find one that fits you. Sorry that you feel that way it's a game .. It's suppose to be fun.
    I am new and looking for others to play with. I work so I will not be able to engage all the time. Any takers?

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by rainse View Post
    I am new and looking for others to play with. I work so I will not be able to engage all the time. Any takers?
    Hello and welcome to the forum, Rainse.

There is a thread for finding friends here: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...HARE-farmer-ID

If you use Facebook: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...RE-Facebook-ID

If you are looking to join a neighbourhood this thread may help: https://forum.supercell.com/forumdis...od-Recruitment

You can also post your details here, just like you have done above: https://forum.supercell.com/forumdis...a-Neighborhood

I hope this helps.

Hay Day level 179 (main farm) - I have several others
    Boom Beach experience level 51

Centennial Club
    In our neighbourhood everyone welcomes, helps and chats with the newcomer. We explain how we derby and what’s expected if they choose to derby. We let them know where we are in the world. It’s up to them if they feel like chatting or not.

i’d like To think that we’re a welcoming bunch of folks.

Hi😊

Hi everyone. I'm fairly new to Hay Day. Love this game. I use to play Sims Free play and my granddaughter showed me Hay Day and I've never looked at Sims again!

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181
    Quote Originally Posted by Anoush View Post
    Hi everyone. I'm fairly new to Hay Day. Love this game. I use to play <name of competitor game omitted per forum rules> and my granddaughter showed me Hay Day and I've never looked at...again!
    Welcome Anoush to the Hay Day subforum.
    Last edited by LynnK2015; October 12th, 2017 at 02:14 AM. Reason: deleted name of competitor game
    What the hell?
    The L bunny is elusive as the Scarlet Pimpernel.
    Yet many farms heard recently the toll of the bell.
    Thank you so much sweet Supercell.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...cussion-Thread

I'm sorry you had this experience with your hood. Trust me, it's not always like that, you just need to "travel around" and find a hood that matches your expectations. I'm relatively new to my current hood (3 weeks since joining), and they have been nothing but welcome and kind to me. We aren't chatty (all adult working people) but play regularly and help each other out when possible.
    I found my hood here, on the forums. Just added someone who the farm tag as anin-game friend, helped her out a few times, and she invited me to join her hood (I was playing as a solo hood at the moment). One beautiful Monday I accepted, introduced myself in the NH chat, they explained the rules, and that's it. No special treatment for anyone, just healthy communication and cooperation.
    I think, first of all you should get your NH expectations cleared. What is it that you want? Chatty? Derby? Town help?.. With that in mind, read the recruitment section here on the forums. Other place to look would be the signatures of some people here (they are advertising their hoods, or encouraging you to add them as friends). Also, if you go HayDayOfficial Facebook page, just scroll through the comments - people advertise their hoods A LOT there.
    I hope you find a perfect NH for yourself soon And if not - remember that it's ok to go travelling one beautiful Monday...
    Farm level 111/ Rep level 33/ PM me for the farm tag
    Time can be rewritten