Page 3 of 129 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: War MM & Cannon Cart changes - the FEEDBACK thread!

Quote Originally Posted by dummyshell View Post
    Yes! Agree that both clan should have the same highest TH level.
    We just cannot accept when the opponent clan has TH10 troops while our max is TH9. Our top 1 and 2 can be easily 3-star by them. And this is frustrating and make clan war meaningless.
    I agree.
    I'd add that since I started the game, 90% of our war are win by the difference of stars or % mades at the top. Everything else is clean by both side. So if top TH are unbalanced, the war is unbalanced.

Maybe SC devs play only in fully maxed clans with only th11. that would explain a lot =D
    Last edited by ilm33; August 28th, 2017 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Funktastic View Post
    SC wants to please everyone and at the end it pleases nobody. Will all the upgrade possibilities and war roster possibilities there are infinite clan types and it's impossible to find a total fair match for everyone.
    I say it again SC will never be able to solve the MM issue without taking radical decisions, like minimum weight per TH, or impossibility to opt-in for war if all building are not dropped for the TH, or whatever...
    100% agreed.

As i said in the past, it's almost impossible to get a fair match without some kind of limitation.

Having requirements to enter a war is one kind of limitation that can help with fair matches.
    Example: TH11 can only enter a war if an Eagle has been built.

Another way is to limit war starts time to just 2 times a day.
    Example: 12 PM and 12 AM war starts time. This will create a very huge pool for matchmaker to at least have a chance to match fairly. Very huge pool will hopefully help with more fair matches.

Another limit is perhaps reducing the war brackets even further, leaving only 10v10, 30v30, and 50v50 as the only brackets.
    Again, this will create a bigger pool for matchmaker to find equal opponents.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by vlix View Post
    100% agreed.

As i said in the past, it's almost impossible to get a fair match without some kind of limitation.

Having requirements to enter a war is one kind of limitation that can help with fair matches.

Example: 12 PM and 12 AM war starts time. This will create a very huge pool for matchmaker to at least have a chance to match fairly. Very huge pool will hopefully help with more fair matches.

Another limit is perhaps reducing the war brackets even further, leaving only 10v10, 30v30, and 50v50 as the only brackets.
    i really second those 2 suggestions... both of them go in the right direction... other games, like royal titans, have the 2 daily war windows, and everything is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by vlix View Post
    100% agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by fabstar68 View Post
    i really second those 2 suggestions... both of them go in the right direction... other games, like royal titans, have the 2 daily war windows, and everything is fine.
    I third that (Though the time zone difference may cause some problems for the second suggestion)
    The previous two wars were quite fair, but this time we are matched against an engineered clan with 6 engineered bases (Top 5 are engineered TH10s and the 6th one is engineered TH11. HATE raids by TH11s ) to our ONLY engineered TH10 (which is the 5th base.) and all others being non-engineered TH9s to TH6.

How do you think it went?
    5 TH11 of which 3 are defenceless
    5 TH10 of which 1 is rushed (lvl 4 dragons, TH7 weight) and other is engineered to stay below TH9s with TH10 offence
    8 TH9 of which 1 is defenceless
    5 TH8 of which 1 is defenceless
    1 TH7 (which is at 22.... below are the engineered TH9 and 8)
    And 1 TH5
    We have no defenceless bases and our TH10s are without infernos since they are relatively fresh. That's about the extend of the "engineering" we have, no XBOW on TH9 untill you can triple them, and no infernos on TH10 untill you have troops to match since we war all the time.
    Our roster is
    2 TH11
    5 TH10
    8 TH9
    6 TH8
    4 TH7
    We didn't face engineered clans to this extend ever before. This is the second war after changes and the last One was as horrible.

Under a bridge, by a river, close to a house, with a kitchen!
    Wars in my clan are about the same. Now the cannon cart is.....well, better but not much better. Of course it can't be OP so yea it's alright. Wish we could take maybe 3 on each camp instead of 2 though. That would be at level 10 or level 12. Whatever is best.
    Last edited by RayTyson; August 28th, 2017 at 09:46 AM.
    TH11 - Lvl 186 - Working on Defense/Lab. - Heroes: 43/43/20. - Walls: 300 Magma. 25/75 Ivory. Builder Base 5 - Lab/Def Maxed - 100/100 lvl 5 Walls - Max BB4. TH8.5 - Lvl 109 - Working on Defense. - Heroes: 14/13. - Walls: 120/250 Lava. Maxed TH8. Completely maxed Builder Hall 3. Will stay Lvl 3.Leader of GhostAshes. Level 6 clan. Tag: #YUUOV9UO. (TH11 Trophy Record: 5363)

I'm glad engineered clans including those with 0.5 are getting harder matches, and that heavily engineered clans are not matching until there is a realistic similar clan to match - war win streaks were getting ridiculous and meaningless for the disparity of difficulty between opponents.

I'm a little concerned how bases very new to a th level are faring - by which I mean ones that don't have the new defences but also don't have the new offence. Fair enough to match any size of base your th level when you have any one of that th level's top war armies upgraded, but not before... mind you that was already happening previously, particularly with 0.5 bases skewing matches under the engineers mantra of " don't build it if you can't 3 star it".

Why I say this is I believe war should be meaningful for every base in the lineup, down to the smallest, with all having a useful place in terms of their attack - not some lost cause zero star scout on something much bigger but one realistic attack on something not impossible or laughable. Yes small ones will get cleaned up on second attack dips by bigger ones, but until more is done to meaningfully match rosters we still have the phenomenon of clans loading the bottom with non attacking low weight noncombatants in order to secure two easier attacks for their big bases... and a bad war experience for the genuine attacking smaller bases on the other side.
    Last edited by Tomville; August 28th, 2017 at 09:57 AM.
    Chapter One #22V00CGY Level 13 International clan
    We welcome strong TH10 and TH11 adult players with big heros for fun warring, maxing bases and some pushing. Active builder base, and must know where the donate button is!

Wohoo Anoushka is back!

But regarding to the subject, we have found a similar opponent this war

Banned
    We have 4 x .5 bases and had a recent match up against 4 x .5 bases which was fair but favours us as we had 1 extra EA.

I have said it before, if you have 2 equal teams and 1 has an extra max th11 with EA, they are almost guaranteed the win.

I dont think MM will ever be able to be fixed to please everyone but it seems ok so far to me.

1st war after changes seems balanced. They have 1 more th10 (semi max) but we outrank them in every base with higher heroes.

We only run TH10, 9 and 8s though.

Still think its far too early to tell how its changed based on the result of 1 matchup though.

TH9 LEVEL 138 | BK 30 AQ 30 | Est FEB 2015
    Currently recruiting mid/max TH8/9s/10s - THE BIG GUNS (level 10) #98L0JL20