Page 2 of 132 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: War MM & Cannon Cart changes - the FEEDBACK thread!

We used to have pretty fair and balanced MM in war we had nothing to complain about matchmaking (we are a small & classic non-rushed/engi clan).
    First war since the update, worst MM ever, very unbalanced and we face engis.
    Last edited by ilm33; August 28th, 2017 at 07:49 AM.

War search times are up to almost 2hrs where before matched in at most an hour. I don't know if you'd call us engineered we have a bunch of .5s at every level but they're new to their respective th levels. We rarely have an advantage in wars maybe 1/10 most of the time we're facing more 11s and 10s than our own. We've done 2 searches 30v30 and matches have never been worse. Both matches have been heavily engineered clans. First war our 5 th11s, 4/5 with eagle vs 13 th11s 8/13 have eagle. Second war our 6 th11s 5/6 with eagle vs their 14 th11s 8/14 with eagles. Top end is where I'm mostly concerned we can handle anything mid-bottom but top end is where wars are won and lost. In the past we're normally up against 1-2 more 11s and 1-2 more 10s but nothing like this. Never seen so many th11s with max heroes and troops weighted so low on the war map. Yes I'm aware war map shows defensive weight only.
    Lv14 War Clan
    www.rebelzunited.com
    YouTube: ClashClinc
    Clan Tag: #P2GYUJ98
    Leader

So far, MM still broken for us. Current war, 5 th11 with medium to high defence and max troops to our 2. Bottom of the map is scattered with low defence, max troop th10s against our th7s or 8s. Worst match up we've seen in a long time so if anything even worse than before!

By comparison, the first match we had immediately after the update was very even and an extremely close war right up to the end. We saw a mixture of even matches and those against mod/engineered clans before the update too, so not really like anything has been fixed at all.

From the replies it seems engineered clans are struggling to get matches. I must say, an idea is forming here...

SC know they can't nuke engineering, it'd cause a massive uproar and much quitting, not to mention all that lovely money they spend (at least as much as maxers). So what is the next best alternative? Make it so that getting a matched the more engineered you are takes extremely long, if at all. This will have the effect of, over time, making people drop their defences, because they can see they are struggling to get a match with engineered bases, not to mention if they only ever match other engineered their advantage disappears. This will have the ideal effect of slowly but surely pushing engineering out of the door. If this is SC's plan, its genius. This is what I would do. It would lessen the saltiness of 'destroying' engineering much, and let them keep that bottom line going.

I truly hope this is their plan.

Either that or they're being incompetent again and their matchmaking algorythm is screwy and not finding people matches.

I wonder which it is? ;P

Never argue with idiots, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Banned
    Because of this new mm change we faced a clan with 4 eagles and 7 TH11 while we had 2 eagles and 4 th11.
    We lost 11 win streak. that win streak is not our best (our best is 40) but it was an example to show this mm change failed.

So again i repeat we face a bad match after this mm change.

It again proves my point that supercel developers dont know anything about the game and just change codes randomly.

its better to not change anything at all or recruit some coders that know codes well.
    Last edited by Sandbuzz; August 28th, 2017 at 07:56 AM.

The matchups have become even worse towards engineered bases.
    Mr T Specials #PLPY0QGU
    Actively recruiting players who are TH5 and above!
    Level 12 War Clan - US Based
    Player tag: #R2L9CYP2 - TH11 BK/AQ/GW 41/45/20
    Est. 2014

SC wants to please everyone and at the end it pleases nobody. Will all the upgrade possibilities and war roster possibilities there are infinite clan types and it's impossible to find a total fair match for everyone.
    I say it again SC will never be able to solve the MM issue without taking radical decisions, like minimum weight per TH, or impossibility to opt-in for war if all building are not dropped for the TH, or whatever...

Probably inside a clan Castle, trying to convince a hog rider to go out and defend the village.
    The MM should first sort the bases based on th levels and then check offense and defense weights of each th level(total offense weight of th11,10.... and total defense weight of th11,10....) and then check for a clan with similar stats. Also, the MM should make sure that if X is the max th level in one of the clans in war, the other clan should also have max th level to be X, so that matchups like th11 vs th10 does not happen.
    This is not a complex thing to do.

This MM might take a bit longer to search for opponents, so SC can reduce the prep day duration of necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Funktastic View Post
    SC wants to please everyone and at the end it pleases nobody. Will all the upgrade possibilities and war roster possibilities there are infinite clan types and it's impossible to find a total fair match for everyone.
    I say it again SC will never be able to solve the MM issue without taking radical decisions, like minimum weight per TH, or impossibility to opt-in for war if all building are not dropped for the TH, or whatever...
    That's what I'm thinking right now. Got disapointed with our MM. I haven't drop the EA yet (th11 progressing with others defs for now), but I'd totally accept a rule "can't war if new def aren't dropped".

That would be: play how you want, but be OK if you want to play with others. That looks fair to me.
    Last edited by ilm33; August 28th, 2017 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SheerluckHolmes View Post
    The MM should first sort the bases based on th levels and then check offense and defense weights of each th level(total offense weight of th11,10.... and total defense weight of th11,10....) and then check for a clan with similar stats. Also, the MM should make sure that if X is the max th level in one of the clans in war, the other clan should also have max th level to be X, so that matchups like th11 vs th10 does not happen.
    This is not a complex thing to do.

This MM might take a bit longer to search for opponents, so SC can reduce the prep day duration of necessary.
    Yes! Agree that both clan should have the same highest TH level.
    We just cannot accept when the opponent clan has TH10 troops while our max is TH9. Our top 1 and 2 can be easily 3-star by them. And this is frustrating and make clan war meaningless.