Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phoenix Abyss Hyper-Rush Project

Phoenix Abyss Hyper-Rush Project

So...with all the talk about rushing vs maxing/near-maxing, I started a new BB game 10 days ago. I went in with a very straightforward strategy for how I was going to run the rush:

1) Drop everything new
    2) Upgrade storages as required
    3) Upgrade the Star Laboratory
    4) Upgrade Barracks
    5) Upgrade key troops
    6) Upgrade defensive structures while awaiting non-builder upgrades to finish (namely troops)
    7) Upgrade BH

The game moved fast and is currently at BH4 as of just a few days ago. I just posted an update on my blog (http://blog.clashmaniac.com/2017/08/...r-rush_26.html) and a video as well (https://youtu.be/hKFcJqq60_k).

I'm moving this game to BH6 as quickly as can be reasonably done. Basically, as soon as I get my key troop done, I upgrade the BH. For the first few levels, I'm running BArch so it's been Raged Barbarians and Sneaky Archers. At BH4, I switch over to air so I'm working on Beta Minions right now (at level 5, will start the level 6 upgrade tonight after I get today's attacks in). If all goes as planned, I will have enough elixir to run the level 8 upgrade Tuesday and that's when I'll look to upgrade the BH.

In the meantime, I've been dumping gold into other upgrades on the game. The defenses are all level 1 and level 2, not much to brag about, but they're also all low cost upgrades so I'll be able to do a lot with them over the next few days while working on my Beta Minions. I anticipate most defenses being level 4 by the time I start the BH5 upgrade, so it won't be too bad a base for BH5.

I pushed at the beginning (BH2) but have since just been doing daily attacks. I'm seeing about 3 wins out of 5 attacks and the game is at 1310 trophies, holding steady. I'll probably get up to 1500ish before the Beta Minions hit level 8 and that's when I'll switch my attack strategy over.

There's no real upgrade path for the first BH levels; the simple fact is that any path you take will work out just fine, so long as you're keeping up on it. Most attacks at BH4 are ground and in the lower trophy ranges (say...1000ish) they'll be Raged Barbarians, Sneaky Archers, or both. The right base design will do just fine against these attacks.

Speaking of base designs...here's the one I use on my BH4 games for anyone who is interested....

At any rate - just thought I'd share where the game is going. Over the next few days, I'll continue upgrading defensive structures with the 800K or so in gold I pick up, get Beta Minions to level 8, then hit BH5 by week's end. That will be BH5 in about 2 weeks so not too bad....
    Last edited by Noctaire; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:49 AM.
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG20YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.

I actually did the same thing and am almost the same spot as you. I upgraded a cannon and arch tower to lvl2, and everything else is level 1 for defense. I maxed out clock tower too. Only troops I upgraded are barch so far, but I'm unlocking minions now and plan to do bh5 upgrade in the next day or so

It seems like it's taking FOREVER to get my Beta Minions to level 8.

I'm just getting all defenses to level 2 for now, then working everything up to level 3.... I'm curious how far I'll get before it's time to upgrade the BH. I half debated maxing BDs at BH4 as well. Between that and Minions, you can beat just about anything you'll see at BH5, including a goodly number of BH6 bases. One of my BH5s is almost maxed (Psyberon) and all he ever fights are BH6. Of course, he has level 10 Beta Minions and Baby Dragons, but it would take less time to get there if they're level 8 to start...!
    Last edited by Noctaire; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:16 AM.
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)

A quick update....

I paused a few days at BH4 to upgrade Beta Minions to level 8, as mentioned. Then I continued the hyper-rush pattern mentioned in earlier posts....

1) Drop everything new
    2) Upgrade storages as required
    3) Upgrade the Star Laboratory
    4) Upgrade Barracks
    5) Upgrade key troops
    6) Upgrade defensive structures while awaiting non-builder upgrades to finish (namely troops)
    7) Upgrade BH as soon as possible

As of day 25, the game finished the BH6 upgrade. I had just about 1.2M gold saved up, so I was able to deploy everything new. Most defenses are level 3 (except MM, AirBombs, Roaster, and the new Crusher). The top troop is level 8 Beta Minions; the lab is currently upgrading level 9 and getting these to level 12 will be a priority. The Battle Machine is still level 1. I have not attacked with this game as a BH6 yet; the Roaster is still building, so I will wait until it finishes to run my first BH6 attacks with it. The game currently sits at 1913 trophies.

You'll notice everything upgraded was the minimum required at the time - that even included the storages. This was consistent with our stated upgrade cadence.

And this is wholly F2P - no $$$ spent at all.

The new base design is up, got two different ones built as backups, and it is ready to go. Now the real fun begins....

Last edited by Noctaire; 1 Week Ago at 04:34 AM.
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)

Centennial Club
    Great achivement Noctaire. Working fast.

Just curious, why wait for level 8 beta minions before upgrading bh. I remember when I got to bh 5 with all level 1 defences and level 4 giArch long time ago. Worked fine and I climbed a lot just because all those new defences.

Quote Originally Posted by Gweo View Post
    Great achivement Noctaire. Working fast.

Just curious, why wait for level 8 beta minions before upgrading bh. I remember when I got to bh 5 with all level 1 defences and level 4 giArch long time ago. Worked fine and I climbed a lot just because all those new defences.
    Because they're my favorite troop - absolutely no other reason. It may have cost me two days, so I was just, like...meh...why not?
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)

Quote Originally Posted by Noctaire View Post

As of day 25, the game finished the BH6 upgrade. I had just about 1.2M gold saved up, so I was able to deploy everything new. Most defenses are level 3 (except MM, AirBombs, Roaster, and the new Crusher). The top troop is level 8 Beta Minions; the lab is currently upgrading level 9 and getting these to level 12 will be a priority. The Battle Machine is still level 1. I have not attacked with this game as a BH6 yet; the Roaster is still building, so I will wait until it finishes to run my first BH6 attacks with it. The game currently sits at 1913 trophies.

You'll notice everything upgraded was the minimum required at the time - that even included the storages. This was consistent with our stated upgrade cadence.

And this is wholly F2P - no $$$ spent at all.
    Good work! I'm currenty rushing a BH4.

I'm curious if you had any problems with getting matched up with BH +1? There sure are alot of people complaining about it.

Also, I'm going to be starting another rush account pretty soon, and i'm wondering when you say no $$$ spent, do you use the free gems? If so, how do you use them?

Quote Originally Posted by MexicanBob View Post
    Good work! I'm currenty rushing a BH4.

I'm curious if you had any problems with getting matched up with BH +1? There sure are alot of people complaining about it.

Also, I'm going to be starting another rush account pretty soon, and i'm wondering when you say no $$$ spent, do you use the free gems? If so, how do you use them?
    Happens all the time on all of my games. (Well...not now that they're BH6, of course...for the time being....) It was kinda tough on this one though' the defenses were weak and the troops not much better. Thing is...most of the time, I can beat the BHx+1 and if I can't, there's always another attack in the wings so.... <Shrug>

Zero $$$ spent. I may have used some free gems to knock time off the loot cap timer or something like that. I think I was 10K from an upgrade once and wanted to go to bed so I used gems there. That's about it though. The only game I put any money into is my main game; the others are all F2P and don't typically use many gems.
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)

I'm around the same trophies, but only upgraded barbs to 10 and a few random defenses. Hit bh6 upgrade today, so hopefully new defenses will help the push to 3,000

My experience is that you need a solid, level 10 attack and roughly level 4 defenses across the board to pop 3000 trophies. You might get away with level 3 on the MultiMortar, Crusher, or AirBombs though (probably one or two but not all). I'll continue posting here and on the blog with the game's progress, so we'll see where I am when I cross 3000.

BTW - the game broke 2000 trophies today.
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)