Page 103 of 310 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 3099

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Mastermind's Daily/Weekly/Monthly Quests Idea (with TONS of pictures!)

Quote Originally Posted by Mastermind View Post
    Continued from second post...

Acquiring 50 Quest Jewels

Just like I showed from completing the Daily Quest, clicking Claim Reward takes us back to the Village screen and tells us by text what we have won as rewards. Since it was a Monthly Quest we completed, we received the normal 5 Quest Jewels, and 3 additional resource prizes! Just like before, the Quest Balloon drops the prizes and gives some experience (in similar fashion to cutting down an obstacle).

In addition, we finally have received 50 Quest Jewels after much time, completions, and dedication and can now spin the Wheel of Riches! Text in red notifies us of this feat, as well as a notification on the Quest button. Let's tap it and see what it looks like.

As you can see, our 5 received Quest Jewels from the last completed Quest pushed us over the 50 mark needed and we can now Spin the Wheel! Any Jewels after 50 will go towards the next 50.

The Wheel of Riches button has turned from grey to green, signifying we can now go to the Wheel of Riches room. Let's tap it!

Wheel of Riches

Spinning the wheel is the grand prize for actually participating in and completing quests (besides the extra resources). This Wheel contains some prizes that are not currently in the game, and some that have been desired by players for a long time! These prizes can help everyone: some will help the most competitive end-game Champion gemmers, while others will help the premature noob farmer. Before I get into the prizes, let's cover the layout and UI first.

First things first, the basic wheel design was found here: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p...l-game/2837893 . Awesome job to the original creator! I was going to make one but I really liked this look, so I took it and made it "Clashy" haha!

As you can see, there are 16 different prizes in the Mastermind Idea, but if SC ever implemented something like this, there could even be more! The prizes can be viewed on the right by scrolling up and down. Tapping on a prize on the right will flip its slate and give a description of the prize.

I'll get into the prizes I thought of in just a second, but here is what the Prize section looks like when individual slates are tapped on.

To actually spin the wheel, you simply touch and hold on the Pointer Dial for a few seconds until it lights up, and then give it a good swipe downwards, which will cause it to spin dramatically for 10 seconds or so.

I also made some signs on the walls: on the left it explains what to do and on the right it shows the previous prize won and the date it was received on!

Wheel of Riches Prizes
    Here is a list of 16 Prizes I came up with, but again, they are just examples. Please don't say they are too overpowered and bash the entire thread idea because of it, they honestly could really be any prize. If you have specific suggestions for Wheel prizes, PLEASE comment and I'll include good ones! But here are the ones I thought would be different and fantastic to add! Again, these prizes would be rare, as the Wheel would most likely be spun once a month if that. The prizes should be prominent and reflect the amount of work you put in to spin it.

Resource Collectors

• Gold Mine = 1 permanent Gold Mine. If landed on again, all mines boosted for 5 days - 1 week.
    • Elixir Collector = 1 permanent Elixir Collector. If landed on again, all collectors boosted for 5 days - 1 week.
    • Dark Elixir Drill = 1 permanent Dark Elixir Drill. If landed on again, all drills boosted for 5 days - 1 week.

As you can see in the description picture above, you can only receive a new Resource Collector once, so if you land on it again, all of your collectors of that type (Gold, Elixir, or Dark Elixir) will be boosted for 5 days - 1 week, identical to the Clash of Clans birthday boost this past August.

Extra resource collectors have been asked for on the forums now for MONTHS. I see it all the time, so I figured I'd include it as the pinnacle prizes of the Wheel. In my opinion, these are the prizes most people will want first. Resource collectors will add more potential loot not only for self farming, but extra loot in raids too!

Resources (scales with TH level, I'll use TH8 as an example)

• Gold = 750,000 Gold for yourself and 50,000 Gold for everyone in your clan.
    • Elixir = 750,000 Elixir for yourself and 50,000 Elixir for everyone in your clan.
    • Dark Elixir = 15,000 Dark Elixir for yourself and 450 Dark Elixir for everyone in your clan.
    • Gems = 100 Gems for yourself and 5 Gems for everyone in your clan.
    • Quest Jewels = 20 Quest Jewels for yourself and 3 Quest Jewels for everyone in your clan.

For the resource prizes (since they aren't as glamorous as the other prizes), I made it so that not only you but the ENTIRE clan will receive a small portion of the prize! This changes the basic dynamic of the prize and actually makes it something one might seek (besides the obvious lucrative amount for oneself). It also is a big help in clan unity, pride, and loyalty, and community/social involvement, which as you can tell throughout this thread I am a HUGE proponent of.

Obviously the amounts given would scale based on TH level for you and your clan members, so that a TH4 member would receive a significant amount less than a TH10 member. It's a prize that every clan member is secretly hoping you will get! Either an inbox message or notification on screen would alert each clan member of the news that you won them a specific resource, and the party would commence for you in clan chat!

Battle Boosts

• Troop Capacity = 10 extra troops spaces added for 5 days.
    • Spell Boost = Spell Factor boosted for 5 days.
    • Extra Time = 30 extra seconds during each battle for 1 week.
    • Attack Boost = Damage and health of all troops increase by 4%-6% for 5 days.
    • Defense Boost = Damage and health of all defenses increase by 4%-6% for 5 days.
    • Loot Penalty Decrease = Loot penalty tables go down by 10% for 5 days.
    • Trophy Boost = Amount of available trophies increased slightly for 4-5 days.

This section I'll admit could be controversial. While myself and a bunch of others I've talked to about these prizes love them, I know not everyone will. This section is exactly what I was talking about earlier when I mentioned how dynamic gameplay is great for games, and how chaos and unpredictability in battle can be a wonderful aspect to a somewhat predictable game. The more you play, the more you "know" how well your troops will do against a base. Battle Boosts would be a minor way of slightly changing that. Remember, this is the Wheel of Riches we are talking about, so it is not like you will be having these boosts all the time. The most you could spin the wheel would probably be once a month, and with a bunch of other prizes available, Battle Boosts would not be that common.

This is why I think adding something like Battle Boosts would be INCREDIBLE for this game. These are the prizes that hardcore Trophy Pushers would be craving: that extra bonus to help them succeed. The Trophy Boost would be the pinnacle prize for Trophy Pushers, allowing a slight increase in the amount of available trophies per battle. For instance, if 3-starring a base would give 10 trophies, it would now give 12 or 13.

EDIT: Justthought I would clarify on the potential concern for Battle Boosts being too game changing, and how rare one would actually get them. My explanation for how SC should handle these boosts and all wheel rewards (as I posted on page 13):
    1. Don't make Quest Jewels purchasable, making Spinning the Wheel rare (if you do all Quests every day, would take about 3-4 weeks).
    2. If SC decides to make them purchasable, put a timer on how often one can spin the wheel (such as every 3 weeks).

All the Wheel Rewards (specifically the Battle Boosts) are just 5 days, and it could be lowered to 3-4. That means, if the 2 solutions I listed above are in effect, you COULD have a Battle Boost for 3-5 days every 3-4 weeks, hardly outrageous. IN ADDITION to that, you only have a small chance of actually landing the wheel on a battle boost, and SC could make the odds even lower. So the real odds of you getting a Battle Boost, even if you play every day, would be something like 1 Boost for 3-5 days every 2-3 months. That is honestly what it would be.

Because of these odds, it makes Battle Boosts acceptable. The Boost are VERY minor to begin with, but it gives incentive for Gemmers and trophy pushers to participate in Quests, because they don't care about resources or building boosts. Gemmers spend the money to keep the game running, so appeasing them is also paramount without being too game changing.

Upgrade Boosts
    • Builder Boost = Builders build 10% faster for 3-5 days.

Most people would love to land on this prize, as it basically means upgrades happen faster. Not much more can be said about this, other than the fact that this prize too could be controversial. While everyone I've shown is for it, I know (just like any idea out there) some will be against it.

Forum Suggestions:
    Elm, page 7: "IN MY OPINION rewards/quests should be linked whit your league(for balance), For instance if a champion league guy has all his village maxed he wont need gold... The reward could be gems or something useful and how would be possible for a guy with champion league win raids just with barbs or archers?....
    This might be to encourage people to be on a better league."

Spinning the Wheel
    That covers all of my ideas for Wheel of Riches prizes! Once again, the figures I've listed are (while thought out) just examples. If you have suggestions for me to add, please comment and I'll include them.

Also, I mentioned earlier that Quest Jewels would not be able to be purchased with Gems. If SC decided to make them able to be bought (business move, I wouldn't complain) then I think there would need to be a timer on spinning the wheel, such as once every 2-3 weeks.

Let's skip ahead to our user spinning the wheel, as the dial dramatically slows down and lands on a prize!

Woot woot! We just won 20 Quest Jewels AND 3 Quest Jewels for everyone in the clan! Bet they'll be happy! Tapping the Claim Reward button will give the prize to you and your clan members.

Just a couple more things to cover in my long idea before we finish, so let's claim the reward and go back in the past to a time before we had that annoying notification over the Holiday Quests tab haha. We can pretend, can't we?

Holiday Quests

It's Halloween! And that means... Holiday Quests! I see people constantly asking for more holiday things to be added during the game, and Holiday Quests would be an incredibly easy way for Supercell to do it. Currently only Halloween and Christmas are celebrated in Clash of Clans, but with this idea I could imagine Thanksgiving, Easter, their birthday, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, and other holidays celebrated with Holiday Quests, even if they were small additions and not a major update. Other major holidays celebrated around the world could be added.

As you can see in the picture, 5 Halloween Quest Balloons have entered from the North-West Jungle. They would appear when you first enter the game after the holiday updates. These balloons obviously are holiday themed with Jack O'Lanterns replacing the normal cloth. For other holidays, I imagine the balloons being holiday-themed as well, such as Easter Eggs for Easter, hearts for Valentine's Day, ornaments for Christmas, etc.

Just as normal Quest Balloons enter the fray with a sound effect (as I mentioned earlier) Holiday Balloons would be no different. Here is the sound I can envision for Halloween Balloons to arrive with: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21DspKocdwA MUAHAHAHAHA!

Let's tap on the Quest button and check out the Holiday Quests tab.

A lot of visual changes happen when Holiday Quests are in effect, just like visual changes happen in the game currently during holidays. Pumpkins, bats, and webs are sprinkled all over the screen. The Holiday Quests tab will normally be white in text when no holiday is in session, but change color based on the theme of the current holiday. If the tab is selected during a non-holiday (when the text is white), the screen will alert the user to "Keep checking back here for future Quests".

The 2 main sections here are the actual Holiday Quests and Holiday Rewards. We'll start with the quests first.

Halloween Quests
    Those were the 5 Halloween-themed quests I could come up with, but if you have any suggestions for other Holiday Quests (could be ANY holiday) please write them in the comments section! As you can see, Halloween Quests last for the whole month. I could picture other holidays having 2 week Holiday Quests if it wasn't part of a major update, but just a small, easy thing SC could add to the game (say for Valentine's Day starting February 1 through February 14).

I'd imagine difficulty would scale with TH level similar to normal Quests.

Halloween Rewards
    The rewards however work a bit differently than normal Quest Rewards. As you can see on the right, there are 3 rewards. 2 of the rewards (the Quest Jewels and Dark Elixir) are received upon completion of each of the 5 Halloween Quests. The main prize of each Holiday season would be a unique reward. For this Halloween example, I used a Witch Statue.

The Witch Statue (or whatever unique Holiday Quest Reward) is won only if all 5 Holiday Quests have been completed in time. I mentioned that the green meter at the top (that normally tells you how many completions needed until a higher level Quest comes) is different for Holiday Quests (and Monthly Quests too, which results in bonus Quest Jewels). For Holiday Quests, the green meter essentially keeps track of all the Holiday Quests completed. Once it's full, it means you have completed 5 of 5 Holiday Quests and will receive the unique reward (in this case, a Witch Statue). In my mind, I picture the red eyes glowing when graves are present at your base.

Just like last Christmas with the Christmas Trees, I like the idea of having a non-game changing reward for completing all 5 Holiday Quests. Here are some different ideas for Holiday Rewards:
    • Decoration (like this statue)
    • New Background (such as Goblin Map layout, with screen to choose through ones you've collected)
    • Small aesthetic change to a troop (with on/off ability)
    • In-game music reward (ability to change the music to Halloween or other themes with on/off switch)

One last feature before this thread ends!

New Achievements

This was a small addition I thought would add more to the idea. Pretty self explanatory, but essentially it would give more incentive to do a lot of Quests. These Achievements would take awhile to do, especially the Monthly Quests one.

Forum User Suggestions

I am also one that wants a better community so the ones that involve a cut for your clan seems great

From HypzZ, page 11:
    CLAN QUESTS
    i think there should be CLAN QUESTS
    i.e.
    - Donate (number of troops ) in ( time period )
    - reach a total of ( amount of trophies ) in ( time period )
    - loot a total of ( amount ) elixir in ( time period )
    - loot a total of ( amount ) gold in ( time period )
    - destroy a total of ( amount ) town halls in ( time period )
    or for the higher tier clans reach the top 200

From Bobbychan, page 13:

One simple, but never mentioned, suggestion:
    Daily / Weekly / Monthly / Holiday Quests should give more rewards based on your time remaining upon completion.
    How this will work (doesn't have to be exactly as I put it):

• 0-25% of time remaining: No bonuses
    • 25-50% of time remaining: 25% bonus
    • 50-75% of time remaining: 50% bonus
    • 75%+ of time remaining: 100% bonus

The bonus does not apply to quest crystals; it only applies to the secondary prize you receive, such as Gold, DE, or gems.
    Example:
    [Daily] Good Friend: Donate 50 troops in 2 hours
    - Player A completes this with 1 hour and 15 minutes remaining, which falls into the 50-75% range (50% bonus). He receives a quest crystal and 25k gold. Because of the time bonus, he gets an extra 12.5k, or 12500, gold.
    - Player B completes this with less than 10 minutes remaining. She gets a crystal and 25k elixir, with no bonuses.
    - Player C completes this with 1 hour and 59 minutes remaining. He gets a crystal and 5 gems, with another 5 gems for the time bonus.
    - Player D fails to complete this quest. He receives nothing, with no bonuses.
    Of course, this should also apply to weekly, monthly, and holiday quests.
    Simple, right?

From JJSCHMITTY, page 22:
    "You could impliment a difficulty slider; the harder you put it, the bigger the rewards are. So instead of having 15m gold a month for default, you could put it down to 5m (for say 3 gems), normal (for say 5 gems), or hard, at 50m a day (for 25 gems)."

From Majesty, page 24:
    - Quest difficulty and rewards tuned accurately on player's level (that white, until now, useless number, on the top left corner of the screen, in a blue frame)
    - Advanced Quests unlocked only after reaching a certain level

From Lohan23, page 31:
    Lightning Rod- Kill 20 clan castle troops with a lightning spell.
    make it double.-drop a healing spell on a unit that is being healed by a healer.
    lady's man- use all healers with only your barbarian king.
    jumpin' around- get 100% using 4 or more jump spells.
    a variety- get at least 50% using one of every troop with no spells or heroes.
    Pile o' Bones- get at least 50% with at least 5 balloons, wall breakers, and witches.

In Conclusion

Thank you SOOOO much for reading this thread and my idea! If you read all of it, I really appreciate it as it took some time to make all of this.

I realize this idea is very involved, especially with all the logistics, but the core idea itself is something that I'd imagine could be easily implemented (as far as providing us with Daily Quests and Rewards). Everything else I wrote about, including the Quest balloons, Quest Jewels, Wheel of Riches, Weekly Quests, Monthly Quests, Holiday Quests, and intricacies of the specific quests and rewards are all icing on the cake and not essential, although they are all ideas that would (in my opinion) GREATLY add to the fun and innovation of this wonderful game.

In the introduction, I had a list of bullets that I claimed would be addressed throughout this post. All those bullet points have been issues or desires people have wanted changed or added to the game and all of those points are covered and applied with my idea. I'll post them again so you don't have to scroll to the top:

• More ways to earn resources
    • Sustainable loot at higher trophy counts, in addition to league bonuses (as leagues don't cover the cost to maintain a high trophy level)
    • More reasons to trophy push
    • Additional resource mines/pumps/drills
    • Different ways to earn gems (besides achievements and obstacle clearing)
    • Other reasons to play every day
    • Daily rewards
    • Change the way we play/battle
    • Variance to the game other than attacking another player's base (adding a different dynamic to the game)
    • More clan/community involvement
    • Different troop combinations used
    • Different reasons to re-design our base
    • More added during holidays
    • Simply, more fun added to the game

Supercell is a fantastic company and listens to its player base, as evidenced by Village Edit Mode. If SC sees this, we appreciate all the free updates you provide for us, and I hate how a small outspoken minority can put down what is provided to us freely. I'd love to hear what SC thinks about this idea!

Here is how you can help! As stated MANY times throughout this thread, I'd love to hear your comments, opinions, and suggestions. I'd greatly appreciate it. Here are some things I'd love for you to comment on:
    • Your Daily Quest and Rewards ideas
    • Your Weekly Quest and Rewards ideas
    • Your Monthly Quest and Rewards ideas
    • Your Holiday Quest and Rewards ideas (any holiday)
    • Your Wheel of Riches Prizes ideas
    • Specific quest ideas that would promote community and clan participation
    • Origin story ideas
    • General comments, ideas, suggestions, concerns, etc.
    • Even just a simple "I like/don't like it" if you took the time to read this thread

If you like this idea, please share it with friends in-game! That's really the best thanks you could bestow upon me, just passing this thread around and having other people see it.

Again, I realize this post may be moved and I'm OK with that, so please no "Wrong Sub-Forum Noob", I know. Hopefully people in General can see this as well (just as my other threads were left in General for a few days-week and other Idea threads are there).

Thanks for reading and happy clashing everyone!
    Mastermind

P.S.
    Check out my other threads from last month about an In-Game Base Builder/Saved Layouts (recently added to the game) and an updated Player Profile! Both are similar threads to this with pictures and detailed explanations. Let me know what you think of those ideas in their threads too!

http://www.tinyurl.com/basebuilder

http://www.tinyurl.com/mastermindprofile

this is an amazing idea, i love everything about it. i really hope supercell puts this in the game. I think that for the holiday quests you should get a choice for each quest completed. It could be like 30 gems, 100-300k gold or elixir (choice), 750-1500 dark elixir, and 5 quest jewels.
    -zomina/moonshade
    Town Hall Level: 9/7
    Experience Level: 100/61
    Clan Name: Notorious™ Co-Leader/Notorious™ Elder
    Favorite Troops: Wizards and Hog Riders

Banned
    THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!! Wisconsin. and i bombed all the tennis courts hahaha...
    Supercell
    y u no add???

Seriously, a thread that has over 100 pages of posts.
    Of course Supercell should add it.

Putting my village to rest!
    My Stats: IGN- saltinpanti44 / LVL- 90 / TH - 8 / Clan-*Clanless*
    No clan as of now...
    See ya all when I can! It has been an awesome ride, I will only be replying to questions in my clan guide.

Banned
    THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!! Wisconsin. and i bombed all the tennis courts hahaha...
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltin View Post
    exactly what everyone in the world is thinking

At Home, Rage Quitting as my troops "conveniently" go around the base

Cool Wow !

Wow man great idea i read some of it but mostly skimmed it. This is an amazing idea and absolutely love it. You did all the work for Super Cell in detail everything, just ow. All Super Cell has to do is program what you are saying. In my opinion Super Cell should do this right away, great idea man love it. If your reading this Super Cell then you should really you these idea!

Quote Originally Posted by zomina View Post
    this is an amazing idea, i love everything about it. i really hope supercell puts this in the game. I think that for the holiday quests you should get a choice for each quest completed. It could be like 30 gems, 100-300k gold or elixir (choice), 750-1500 dark elixir, and 5 quest jewels.
    Dat quote doh.
    But seriously Supercell, you better add this in the next update.
    100 pages and counting, Wow.
    IGN: gamerof13
    Town Hall 9
    Level: 100
    Clan: Paradigm Shift 3

This thread is amazing in so many ways! This would turn the game I love into the game of my dreams

Fresh Spawn
    The way this idea is I'm wondering why it hasn't been added long ago...

I love the idea. Just if i were you i would change the way the wheel of riches looks. I dont think they would make it look real and 3d. But i wish they would add this to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Julezwatts View Post
    The most viewed/feedbacked/posted in thread of all time and supercell hasn't added it yet? Geez, where have they been...
    Quote Originally Posted by Micro10KG View Post
    I don't know. Another vacation? This needs to be added to the game pronto! Very nicely done Mastermind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winther32 View Post
    :0
    this is the greatest thing i have ever seen someone put into a game. I would love to have this incorporated. The shear length though.....wow
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebreth513 View Post
    This is awesome if it gets into the game that would be great, i think this is a great bunch of ideas that could be a great implement in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by njpez View Post
    You are a Mastermind.
    Quote Originally Posted by pokeguy1223 View Post
    Supercell
    y u no add???

Seriously, a thread that has over 100 pages of posts.
    Of course Supercell should add it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pokeguy1223 View Post
    exactly what everyone in the world is thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by Superraven View Post
    Wow man great idea i read some of it but mostly skimmed it. This is an amazing idea and absolutely love it. You did all the work for Super Cell in detail everything, just ow. All Super Cell has to do is program what you are saying. In my opinion Super Cell should do this right away, great idea man love it. If your reading this Super Cell then you should really you these idea!
    Quote Originally Posted by gamerof13 View Post
    Dat quote doh.
    But seriously Supercell, you better add this in the next update.
    100 pages and counting, Wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolan1234 View Post
    This thread is amazing in so many ways! This would turn the game I love into the game of my dreams
    Quote Originally Posted by kfrenk View Post
    The way this idea is I'm wondering why it hasn't been added long ago...
    Thanks all for your nice messages, I really appreciate each and every one of them You all are great and really glad you all like the idea and want it a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by zomina View Post
    Thanks zomina! That is definitely an idea SC could go with if they chose to, and I do have it where you get Quest Jewels and DE for each completion of the Halloween Quests, but the statue would unlock after finishing all 5 Quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshie766 View Post
    I love the idea. Just if i were you i would change the way the wheel of riches looks. I dont think they would make it look real and 3d. But i wish they would add this to the game.
    Yeah, the Wheel look is just an example and if they ever implemented this, they should make it a 2D wheel that fits with the theme. I was starting to make one but it was taking too long, so I edited around a 3D one

Mastermind | Level 155 | TH11 |
    Hyrule Knights | 323-75 in Clan Wars
    Clan Leader (Join us!) | Meet the Hyrule Knights! (Introduce Yourself)
    My Daily/Weekly/Monthly Quests Idea
    My Saved Base Layouts Idea | My In-Game Builder Idea (both now in game!)
    My Player Profile Update Idea