Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best troop combos for TH9 in clan wars

Banned

Cool Best troop combos for TH9 in clan wars

Hey fellas

Although i know no army combo is perfect but still i need at least some proven ideas.

I am looking for some army combination that can work great on any th9(from rush to maxed), Also please suggest the levels of particular troop. As you might know that sometimes you compete with th10 so consider this one also.

thanks!

You want the one strat that works any(early-late) th9 vs any(early-late) th9, also th10? Don't think you'll get an answer.
    It's always the closet engineers that are the most bitter. Trying to maintain a righteous pose while doing exactly what they claim to hate, lashing out at anyone that points out the obvious.

Pro Member
    For all th9, GoHo is best
    Army consisting of wizards, golem, Hogs and some wallbreaker with 3 heals with 1 jump/rage

For th10's, GoWitch is best for 2 starring with high percentage high lvl th10.

On my maxed TH9, I have been using witch slap more and more lately. There are different compositions but the core of the strategy is to have 3-5 witches going down one side of a base with 2 healers, and 3-5 witches plus two healers going down the other side, with a kill squad based on a golem and cc bowlers. There are two keys: having the airdef able to be destroyed by the kill squad before they kill healers (or being so internal they can't reach edge healers), and having the kill squad be powerful enough to take out all of the interior defenses that the witches can't reach from the outside. To assist with the latter I have seen variants that add firepower; sometimes witches are used as part of the kill squad as well; sometimes the golem is dropped in favor of valks. Common spells are two jump, rage and heal, two poison, and all spent on the kill squad, but the shape of the base and the kill squad composition will affect that. If you have valks in your KS you don't always need as many jump because raged valks go through walls quickly.

Generally speaking at TH9 to make successful (3 star) war attacks you need troops that are maxed for TH9. So if you still only have level 4 hogs, don't try any hog attacks. Having an upgraded CC gives a lot of flexibility because you can be given maxed troops from others, which has a lot of synergy if your attack needs, say, one golem.

The key at TH9 in general is to customize the war attack to the target base, and to have a specific plan for each major objective:
    1. how to kill the enemy CC?
    2. how to kill the enemy AQ?
    3. are there attack-specific objectives such as destroying airdef prior to starting an air phase or clearing giant bombs before deploying hogs?

High level attackers pay attention to how troops path through a base. I am not quite there yet, but some folks can do things like predict where their golems will go in the middle of the enemy base and hit defenses in an order needed to keep golems in front of your queen.

High level strategies tend to depend on having high heroes and thus aren't as suitable for mid level players. If you have AQ15, your queen walk will not be very successful because it takes AQ15 a lot longer to clear trash buildings than AQ20 or AQ30.

Kill squads with 3 golems are more powerful than lots of people realize against TH9s. It takes a long, long time for a TH9 to destroy 3 golems, so if the shape of the base lets you destroy defenses while keeping golems in front of a kill squad it can be very successful. Back in the day, before bowlers, the standard TH9 goho army was based on 3 golems.

Two jump spells are very powerful for a strong kill squad that needs to move through a large portion of the middle of a base. It is hard to design a base that can't be opened wide up by two jump spells.

So, I have two armies I use with small variations based on AQ location and where I need kill squad to get too. I have very low level heroes and mostly low level troops. Dorsan and mossack can vouch for their effectiveness. Both attacks feature kill squads.

Air:

1 golem + cc golem, 3 hounds, 12 loons, 6 wizards, 4 wall breakers, and 8 archers. Spells I use 1 jump 3 rage (no haste yet).

Ground:

2 golems, 10 wizards, 4 wall breakers, 12 archers, rest hogs with hogs in cc. Spells are 1 jump 3 heal.

Once you get good with kill squads, it's pretty easy from there on out.

One of my profiles.

Conquered this base with the above air army.

Kill squad went in from 6:00 (south corner) took out key elements then lavaloon from 9:00 clock wise.
    Last edited by SuperStorm103; August 17th, 2017 at 12:16 AM.

I would agree with storm based off of those troops that work as tanks, IE golem and hounds are level 1. I very much use the same comp but with higher level troops it can be changed. If they are mid to max(golem 3-4, hounds 2) I would minimize KS and bring cc bowlers and 4 more loons on air portion, 3 haste since he doesn't have them, jump, 2 rage(one for KS) and a couple poison. Composition is like this, golem-2 hounds-4wb-3wiz-2babies-18loons, CC bowlers. Spells used above. Golem, baby drags and wiz make funnel, heroes behind and bowlers. Wb in compartment to access an ad, aq, and cc lure. Jump spell and rage to aid KS to potentially take another ad within range. Surgical hound and loon deployment afterwards(haste to speed up initial loon deployment and to rush to take out wiz towers, rage to hit over a weak hound with loons behind). Very difficult attack for the timing involved and troop management and sounds like what storm does.

You can modify the same army. Take hounds and loons out. Add another golem, take out haste and one rage and add heals. Fill with hogs and add wiz and wb to make it an even 220 army. Both armies can completely decimate most th9's when I used it. Little doctor's "witch slap" is also a very good attack when wizard towers are near core of base.

*Note* these comps are not th10 friendly, as Tank practically said. TH9 comps don't work like they do against other TH'9's when hitting 10's. Guaranteed one star at most unless they are .5's. But they are universal for hitting th9's, no matter the base.
    Last edited by lMACl; August 17th, 2017 at 02:46 AM.
    | Clan Leader | Highest win streak 26, combined from previous clan | My Clan https://link.clashofclans.com/?actio...e&tag=CRC092VL |

Millennial Club
    I been using gob knife lot of folks have the th outside so 2 is ez

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TankSinatra View Post
    You want the one strat that works any(early-late) th9 vs any(early-late) th9, also th10? Don't think you'll get an answer.
    What you got?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ryryshouse View Post
    I been using gob knife lot of folks have the th outside so 2 is ez
    how many times do you find th is outside in war?
    as far as i know THAT IS MAIN RESOURCE THAT DETERMINES WIN AND LOOSE
    so why would anyone take that risk?
    Last edited by SKicker; August 17th, 2017 at 06:34 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by littledoctor View Post
    On my maxed TH9, I have been using witch slap more and more lately. There are different compositions but the core of the strategy is to have 3-5 witches going down one side of a base with 2 healers, and 3-5 witches plus two healers going down the other side, with a kill squad based on a golem and cc bowlers. There are two keys: having the airdef able to be destroyed by the kill squad before they kill healers (or being so internal they can't reach edge healers), and having the kill squad be powerful enough to take out all of the interior defenses that the witches can't reach from the outside. To assist with the latter I have seen variants that add firepower; sometimes witches are used as part of the kill squad as well; sometimes the golem is dropped in favor of valks. Common spells are two jump, rage and heal, two poison, and all spent on the kill squad, but the shape of the base and the kill squad composition will affect that. If you have valks in your KS you don't always need as many jump because raged valks go through walls quickly.

Generally speaking at TH9 to make successful (3 star) war attacks you need troops that are maxed for TH9. So if you still only have level 4 hogs, don't try any hog attacks. Having an upgraded CC gives a lot of flexibility because you can be given maxed troops from others, which has a lot of synergy if your attack needs, say, one golem.

The key at TH9 in general is to customize the war attack to the target base, and to have a specific plan for each major objective:
    1. how to kill the enemy CC?
    2. how to kill the enemy AQ?
    3. are there attack-specific objectives such as destroying airdef prior to starting an air phase or clearing giant bombs before deploying hogs?

High level attackers pay attention to how troops path through a base. I am not quite there yet, but some folks can do things like predict where their golems will go in the middle of the enemy base and hit defenses in an order needed to keep golems in front of your queen.

High level strategies tend to depend on having high heroes and thus aren't as suitable for mid level players. If you have AQ15, your queen walk will not be very successful because it takes AQ15 a lot longer to clear trash buildings than AQ20 or AQ30.

Kill squads with 3 golems are more powerful than lots of people realize against TH9s. It takes a long, long time for a TH9 to destroy 3 golems, so if the shape of the base lets you destroy defenses while keeping golems in front of a kill squad it can be very successful. Back in the day, before bowlers, the standard TH9 goho army was based on 3 golems.

Two jump spells are very powerful for a strong kill squad that needs to move through a large portion of the middle of a base. It is hard to design a base that can't be opened wide up by two jump spells.
    Thanks for the guide