Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best troop combos for TH9 in clan wars

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperStorm103 View Post
    So, I have two armies I use with small variations based on AQ location and where I need kill squad to get too. I have very low level heroes and mostly low level troops. Dorsan and mossack can vouch for their effectiveness. Both attacks feature kill squads.

Air:

1 golem + cc golem, 3 hounds, 12 loons, 6 wizards, 4 wall breakers, and 8 archers. Spells I use 1 jump 3 rage (no haste yet).

Ground:

2 golems, 10 wizards, 4 wall breakers, 12 archers, rest hogs with hogs in cc. Spells are 1 jump 3 heal.

Once you get good with kill squads, it's pretty easy from there on out.

One of my profiles.

Conquered this base with the above air army.

Kill squad went in from 6:00 (south corner) took out key elements then lavaloon from 9:00 clock wise.
    Must be an impressive attack considering the army level, thanks for the help superstorm, by the way i don't get the term "KILL SQUAD"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lMACl View Post
    I would agree with storm based off of those troops that work as tanks, IE golem and hounds are level 1. I very much use the same comp but with higher level troops it can be changed. If they are mid to max(golem 3-4, hounds 2) I would minimize KS and bring cc bowlers and 4 more loons on air portion, 3 haste since he doesn't have them, jump, 2 rage(one for KS) and a couple poison. Composition is like this, golem-2 hounds-4wb-3wiz-2babies-18loons, CC bowlers. Spells used above. Golem, baby drags and wiz make funnel, heroes behind and bowlers. Wb in compartment to access an ad, aq, and cc lure. Jump spell and rage to aid KS to potentially take another ad within range. Surgical hound and loon deployment afterwards(haste to speed up initial loon deployment and to rush to take out wiz towers, rage to hit over a weak hound with loons behind). Very difficult attack for the timing involved and troop management and sounds like what storm does.

You can modify the same army. Take hounds and loons out. Add another golem, take out haste and one rage and add heals. Fill with hogs and add wiz and wb to make it an even 220 army. Both armies can completely decimate most th9's when I used it. Little doctor's "witch slap" is also a very good attack when wizard towers are near core of base.

*Note* these comps are not th10 friendly, as Tank practically said. TH9 comps don't work like they do against other TH'9's when hitting 10's. Guaranteed one star at most unless they are .5's. But they are universal for hitting th9's, no matter the base.
    Thanks for the help IMPACI

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SKicker View Post
    Must be an impressive attack considering the army level, thanks for the help superstorm, by the way i don't get the term "KILL SQUAD"
    Kill squad is generally, the first group of troops you deploy that have a specific objective or couple objectives. They vary in size and composition based upon what the objective is. If you are doing a hog attack, you must kill the enemy AQ, and cc. So Depending on where those 2 are located you may use a golem, a couple wizards and just your heroes. You would then use more hogs for the second part of your attack. Or you may want to get deeper into the base and use 2 golems, cc bowlers. Less hogs.

When you look at your target, try and think what is required then get certain objectives, based on that build your army. That is also why people say might be jump or rage. In the first example, small kill squad, you might want rage as you want quick kill. Second might want jump to get deeper into base.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripple1972 View Post
    Kill squad is generally, the first group of troops you deploy that have a specific objective or couple objectives. They vary in size and composition based upon what the objective is. If you are doing a hog attack, you must kill the enemy AQ, and cc. So Depending on where those 2 are located you may use a golem, a couple wizards and just your heroes. You would then use more hogs for the second part of your attack. Or you may want to get deeper into the base and use 2 golems, cc bowlers. Less hogs.

When you look at your target, try and think what is required then get certain objectives, based on that build your army. That is also why people say might be jump or rage. In the first example, small kill squad, you might want rage as you want quick kill. Second might want jump to get deeper into base.
    Yes, my kill squad objectives for hogs are AQ and CC and to trigger any possible double giant bombs in the area (not as big of a deal now).

My kill squad objectives for air are 1 air defense, enemy AQ, CC, and an air sweeper. An xbow is a bonus. If somebody designed their base and separated those targets, I probably would not force an air attack.

One last tip, if a queen is to exposed you can snipe her with a dragon.

The best town hall 9. War army is lavaloon
    3 lava 26 loons all rage and haste cc haste and lava hound max level

Quote Originally Posted by Vkillerman View Post
    The best town hall 9. War army is lavaloon
    3 lava 26 loons all rage and haste cc haste and lava hound max level
    Necro bump, LOL. But feel free to join my clan and attempt to destroy any of our bases with lava loon. The results might change your mind.
    TMBG Low Level War Clan Recruiting - Wars with TH3-9
    TH10 - Doctor Worm 22/31 heroes
    TH10 - doug 32/40 heroes

Quote Originally Posted by ryryshouse View Post
    I been using gob knife lot of folks have the th outside so 2 is ez
    you might be the reason for your clan losing the war

This thread is from August 2017 ....
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 13 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...10-s-to-TH12-s My Spec : TH11, 50-50-20.

Quote Originally Posted by SKicker View Post
    how many times do you find th is outside in war?
    as far as i know THAT IS MAIN RESOURCE THAT DETERMINES WIN AND LOOSE
    so why would anyone take that risk?
    I see TH outside in war lots

The war is won or lost on your clan's stars versus theirs, and if they are the same, on your clan's % destruction versus theirs. Nothing to do with winning an attack (i.e. 1 star) versus losing on an attack (0 stars). Everything to do with stopping people getting 3 stars on your bases, which a TH outside defences can help with on a suitable design ...

EDIT Argh, necro'ed again,
    Last edited by nobeone; October 9th, 2018 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nobeone View Post
    EDIT Argh, necro'ed again,
    That's good though I'd like to amend my answer from 8/17...
    It's always the closet engineers that are the most bitter. Trying to maintain a righteous pose while doing exactly what they claim to hate, lashing out at anyone that points out the obvious.