View Poll Results: Do u think hog rider should be nerfed?

Voters
511. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    335 65.56%
  • No

    176 34.44%
Page 62 of 65 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast
Results 611 to 620 of 647

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Poll - let's see how many wants hog rider to be nerf

  1. #611
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by iAmSkrub View Post
    You don't get a counterpush? Every troop that defend the Hog Rider just dies? You're probably playing a different game.

    Even though you spend a bit more elixir defending a Hog, you still have surviving units. If you use PEKKA to defend a Hog, it's not necessarily a -3 elixir trade because the PEKKA has full/almost full health that can go on a counterpush, and you can support the PEKKA.

    Why are you even bringing the usage rate topic? We're discussing about Hog countering, and you're suddenly bringing usage rate. How does this help to the Hog countering topic? I also explained to you why Hog is used a lot more. Don't make me repeat.

    Why should I stop? I don't think that Hog Rider is OP, so I'm explaining why. I'm not posting some useless stuff here. I'm giving points and explaining each point.
    Why did you state hog isn't overused overall nor in top10 until I proved that to you? Or why did you state that last balance changes nerfed the hog? Because what you do is writing nonsense to defend the hog. Either you lie or you just lack some intellect.

    You don't think Hog is OP, well you're wrong. If it's used at 30% it's op. The reasons behind that are IRRELEVANT.

    No one cares WHY it's a problem, SC should FIX the problem. Last balance changes made it worse.

    It's still used at 30% therefore TOXIC. Welcome to the real world.
    Last edited by Templare75; 1 Week Ago at 07:51 AM.

  2. #612
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    getting unfair infractions
    Posts
    1,290
    Quote Originally Posted by Templare75 View Post
    Why did you state hog isn't overused overall nor in top10 until I proved that to you? Or why did you state that last balance changes nerfed the hog? Because what you do is writing nonsense to defend the hog. Either you lie or you just lack some intellect.

    You don't think Hog is OP, well you're wrong. If it's used at 30% it's op. The reasons behind that are IRRELEVANT.

    No one cares WHY it's a problem, SC should FIX the problem. Last balance changes made it worse.

    It's still used at 30% therefore TOXIC. Welcome to the real world.
    Why did I state that Hog wasn't overused in top 10? Tell me a top 10 player that used Hog deck for pushing in August 2017 season. I knew that Hog wasn't used as much in August 2017 season, and the balances were the same, so I said that. Does it make sense? Do I need to say any more about that?

    Overused does NOT mean it's OP. According to StatsRoyale, Wizard has a higher usage rate than Hog. Are you going to say that Wizard is OP and needs a nerf? No one will. Zap is the most used spell. Does it need a nerf? No. Usage rate is not the direct indicator for a card being OP or not.

    "But, but, but, Hog Rider is a win condition card, and Wizard is a support card" Does it really matter? Win condition or support, anything can be OP.

    Again, the new balance changes indirectly nerfed Hog. Lightning got nerfed, which means there's an anti Lightning placement that exists for Hog Rider now, and Graveyard (AKA the Hog Rider and Log Bait killer) got buffed.

    If you really can't beat a Hog Rider deck with a Graveyard deck, you should find something other than Clash Royale to play, because you're that bad.

    Graveyard decks counters Hog Rider decks
    Hog Rider decks counter Three Musketeers decks
    Three Musketeers decks counter Graveyard decks.
    Last edited by iAmSkrub; 1 Week Ago at 08:32 AM.

  3. #613
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by iAmSkrub View Post
    Why did I state that Hog wasn't overused in top 10? Tell me a top 10 player that used Hog deck for pushing in August 2017 season. I knew that Hog wasn't used as much in August 2017 season, and the balances were the same, so I said that. Does it make sense? Do I need to say any more about that?

    Overused does NOT mean it's OP. According to StatsRoyale, Wizard has a higher usage rate than Hog. Are you going to say that Wizard is OP and needs a nerf? No one will. Zap is the most used spell. Does it need a nerf? No. Usage rate is not the direct indicator for a card being OP or not.

    "But, but, but, Hog Rider is a win condition card, and Wizard is a support card" Does it really matter? Win condition or support, anything can be OP.

    Again, the new balance changes indirectly nerfed Hog. Lightning got nerfed, which means there's an anti Lightning placement that exists for Hog Rider now, and Graveyard (AKA the Hog Rider and Log Bait killer) got buffed.

    If you really can't beat a Hog Rider deck with a Graveyard deck, you should find something other than Clash Royale to play, because you're that bad.

    Graveyard decks counters Hog Rider decks
    Hog Rider decks counter Three Musketeers decks
    Three Musketeers decks counter Graveyard decks.
    Here you go with your usual nonsense, fact denial and memory losses...

    I have no data of what was going on in August 2017 BUT you "knew" hog was not going to be used for pushing last season, definetly not from the pros. It turned out to be top 1, 50% used in top 10. Forgive me if i don't trust your "knowledge".

    If you refuse to understand the difference between support cards(wizard, zap, etc) and win conditions that are meta defining(hog) cards, it's clear you are not going to have a serious conversation but you are just trolling.

    How is lightning nerf a nerf to hog? Please elaborate, so far i don't get it. Seems more of a nerf to beatdown but overall I judge that nerf wrong for the meta.

    GY buff is a GY buff. One deck archetyope getting buffed is not a nerf to hog. If they buffed RG would that be a hog nerf to you?

  4. #614
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    getting unfair infractions
    Posts
    1,290
    Quote Originally Posted by Templare75 View Post
    Here you go with your usual nonsense, fact denial and memory losses...

    I have no data of what was going on in August 2017 BUT you "knew" hog was not going to be used for pushing last season, definetly not from the pros. It turned out to be top 1, 50% used in top 10. Forgive me if i don't trust your "knowledge".

    If you refuse to understand the difference between support cards(wizard, zap, etc) and win conditions that are meta defining(hog) cards, it's clear you are not going to have a serious conversation but you are just trolling.

    How is lightning nerf a nerf to hog? Please elaborate, so far i don't get it. Seems more of a nerf to beatdown but overall I judge that nerf wrong for the meta.

    GY buff is a GY buff. One deck archetyope getting buffed is not a nerf to hog. If they buffed RG would that be a hog nerf to you?
    July season's top player was -Adam, and he used Log Bait. August season's top player was Clash Bash, and he used Log Bait too. Also, when I checked player's profile, I didn't see much Hog Rider, so I predicted that September season's top player will use something other than Hog, but seems like I was wrong.

    Me defending Hog Rider does not mean that I'm saying getting #1 place with Hog Rider is impossible, it just means that it's harder than other decks. But if Hog Rider was OP, then wouldn't Hog Rider dominate season after season? Or every other season at least.

    When Night Witch was first released, in the OP state, was the Night Witch META defining? Yes. Was it a win condition? No. It was a high damage support troop. Any card can be a META defining card. It doesn't always have to be a win condition. I have no idea why you're saying that I'm trolling.

    Lightning is an indirect nerf for the Hog because Lightning allows Hog Rider to break through buildings other than cycling cards. Fireball isn't good for breaking through buildings and it doesn't do much damage to buildings. Rocket also isn't good to break through buildings because of the slow projectile speed and the risk. All of these make Lightning the best big/medium spell for using Hog Rider. Beatdown deck's last hope now is the Rocket, which is able to deal with Exenado pretty easily.

    Graveyard buff is an indirect nerf to Hog Rider. Would you say there's no change to Graveyard and Lavaloon if Three Musketeers got buffed? Would you say there's no change to Hog Rider decks if Mortar or X-bow got buffed? There are decks that counter other decks, and Graveyard decks are a really good counter to the Hog, just like how Three Musketeers decks are a really good counter to the Graveyard. Do you not get it? If you don't, then you're probably playing some other game, where Graveyard decks counter Three Musketeers and Hog Rider decks counter Siege decks.
    Last edited by iAmSkrub; 1 Week Ago at 12:37 PM. Reason: spelling lol

  5. #615
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by iAmSkrub View Post
    July season's top player was -Adam, and he used Log Bait. August season's top player was Clash Bash, and he used Log Bait too. Also, when I checked player's profile, I didn't see much Hog Rider, so I predicted that September season's top player will use something other than Hog, but seems like I was wrong.

    Me defending Hog Rider does not mean that I'm saying getting #1 place with Hog Rider is impossible, it just means that it's harder than other decks. But if Hog Rider was OP, then wouldn't Hog Rider dominate season after season? Or every other season at least.

    When Night Witch was first released, in the OP state, was the Night Witch META defining? Yes. Was it a win condition? No. It was a high damage support troop. Any card can be a META definging card. It doesn't always have to be a win condition. I have no idea why you're saying that I'm trolling.

    Lightning is an indirect nerf for the Hog because Lightning allows Hog Rider to break through buildings other than cycling cards. Fireball isn't good for breaking through buildings and it doesn't do much damage to buildings. Rocket also isn't good to break through buildings because of the slow projectile speed and the risk. All of these make Lightning the best big/medium spell for using Hog Rider. Beatdown deck's last hope now is the Rocket, which is able to deal with Exenado pretty easily.

    Graveyard buff is an indirect nerf to Hog Rider. Would you say there's no change to Graveyard and Lavaloon if Three Musketeers got buffed? Would you say there's no change to Hog Rider decks if Mortar or X-bow got buffed? There are decks that counter other decks, and Graveyard decks are a really good counter to the Hog, just like how Three Musketeers decks are a really good counter to the Graveyard. Do you not get it? If you don't, then you're probably playing some other game, where Graveyard decks counter Three Musketeers and Hog Rider decks counter Siege decks.
    You were not even able to read statsroyale's data last season. Hog was at 50% top10, you said that was untrue. Remember? I can not believe what you say about previous seasons without data which is not available.

    That said, who cares about the past? RIGHT NOW Hog is overused everywhere. How do you fix that? I can only think of a good Nerf.

    NW was op and rightfully nerfed. Unfortunately nerfed way too much. NW had not use rate nor win rate like the hog. But of course NW got nerf, hog doesn't.

    Other ideas? Buff Hog to 50% use rate? Or do you need hog to be at 70% to realize it needs a nerf?

    Only one deck uses hog and lightning. Hog has many more viable decks. Lightning nerf it's not a nerf to hog.

    GY, 3 musk, LaLoon, Golem are different archtypes. Buffing one DOES NOT indirectly nerf another.

  6. #616
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    getting unfair infractions
    Posts
    1,290
    Quote Originally Posted by Templare75 View Post
    You were not even able to read statsroyale's data last season. Hog was at 50% top10, you said that was untrue. Remember? I can not believe what you say about previous seasons without data which is not available.

    That said, who cares about the past? RIGHT NOW Hog is overused everywhere. How do you fix that? I can only think of a good Nerf.

    NW was op and rightfully nerfed. Unfortunately nerfed way too much. NW had not use rate nor win rate like the hog. But of course NW got nerf, hog doesn't.

    Other ideas? Buff Hog to 50% use rate? Or do you need hog to be at 70% to realize it needs a nerf?

    Only one deck uses hog and lightning. Hog has many more viable decks. Lightning nerf it's not a nerf to hog.

    GY, 3 musk, LaLoon, Golem are different archtypes. Buffing one DOES NOT indirectly nerf another.
    I am talking about July and August season, and how I predicted September season was going to be, and I admitted I was wrong. You're talking as if I did not admit by now. Are you posting when you know what I'm talking?

    Do you want to know why Log Bait dominated Grand Challenges for the last two months? It's because of the Graveyard nerf. Graveyard META fell out for the last two months, allowing Log Bait to be even stronger than before, and it also indirectly buffed Hog Rider decks. Before Graveyard nerf, Log Bait almost always lost to Graveyard decks. After Graveyard was nerfed, skilled Log Bait players would be able to tie against Graveyard.

    You don't seem to get how the game works. There are things called counter decks, and if one card that plays a big role in the deck gets nerfed/buffed, it can only make the counter decks strong/weak.

    For example
    If Three Musketeers gets nerfed, Graveyard will dominate the META. Graveyard's hard counter is Three Musketeers, but if Three Musketeers deck get nerfed, it can only make Graveyard stronger. If Three Musketeers get buffed, Graveyard will fall out of the META because Graveyard's hard counter is even stronger than before. Do you get why Log Bait was able to dominate Grand Challenges for 2 months?

  7. #617
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    159
    Today's fresh ladder data from statsroyale:

    Hog Use rate 31.9% (+3.67) third card in the game. only zap and skarmy get more use than hog
    Hog Win rate 59.4% (+6.61)

    GY Use rate 5.2% (-1.04)
    GY Win rate 58.7% (+8.39)

    According to the above looks like hog performs better after the (im)balance update
    Last edited by Templare75; 1 Week Ago at 03:01 PM.

  8. #618
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Give me either rep points or cookies, or I will steal all your fidget spinners.
    Posts
    475
    This is the 10th most replied too thread in this entire sub-forum.
    The reason hog rider isn't banned from touchdown mode is because if they did, they would be admitting it's OP. So basically, touchdown will be messed up forever.

    Read this!https://forum.supercell.com/showthread.php/1630507-Balence-Change-ideas-Pt-2?p=11100298#post11100298

  9. #619
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    102
    Yea seeing all you people argueing about one card is just \_(ツ)_/.

  10. #620
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    getting unfair infractions
    Posts
    1,290
    Quote Originally Posted by Templare75 View Post
    Today's fresh ladder data from statsroyale:

    Hog Use rate 31.9% (+3.67) third card in the game. only zap and skarmy get more use than hog
    Hog Win rate 59.4% (+6.61)

    GY Use rate 5.2% (-1.04)
    GY Win rate 58.7% (+8.39)

    According to the above looks like hog performs better after the (im)balance update
    Want real GC data? I've just done a few GCs, and I got data for 21 rounds. (A few got deleted) This will prove (for the second time) that Hog Rider isn't overused in Challenges.
    Here's the order
    1. X-bow
    2. Log Bait
    3. Golem
    4. Golem
    5. Graveyard
    6. Log Bait
    7. Log Bait
    8. Log Bait
    9. Mega Knight + Balloon
    10. Battle Ram + Three Musketeers
    11. Hog Rider
    12. Graveyard
    13. Battle Ram + Three Musketeers
    14. X-bow
    15. Miner + Double Prince
    16. Lavaloon
    17. Golem
    18. Hog Rider
    19. Elite Barbarians
    20. Battle Ram + Three Musketeers
    21. Mega Knight + Balloon

    Log Bait: 4 appearances
    Golem: 3 appearances
    Battle Ram + Three Musketeers: 3 appearances
    Graveyard: 2 appearances
    Hog Rider: 2 appearances
    X-bow: 2 appearances
    Mega Knight + Balloon: 2 appearances
    Lavaloon: 1 appearance
    Elite Barbarians: 1 appearance
    Miner + Double Prince: 1 appearance

    Hog Rider has 2 appearances only, which is 9.523809524%

    You still decide to call this overused. Are you still going to believe StatsRoyale when I got real data from my battle log?

    This is not my first time doing this. I've done once before, and one guy decided to call it "luck"

Similar Threads

  1. Poll: rg and hog rider
    By Harambeface in forum Card Balance Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: March 27th, 2017, 05:42 PM
  2. Replies: 16
    Last Post: November 27th, 2016, 02:04 AM
  3. if you nerf the tombstone, nerf the hog rider
    By DrOblingattaX in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: June 14th, 2016, 12:54 PM
  4. "We nerf all Hog Rider counters, but leave Hog Rider how he is"
    By Bobbycarhater in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: April 30th, 2016, 07:12 PM
  5. Hog rider 'nerf' wasn't a nerf! Surprise kids!
    By HarryTheClasher in forum General
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: November 20th, 2014, 02:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •