Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's the point of complaining about clan war matchups!

Quote Originally Posted by Praveenkumar12 View Post
    But seriously why should sc destroy their major source of income.
    What source of income? The main reason for people buying gems in the clans I've been in is to gem heroes for war. All the really engineered clans we've faced use their extra offence to war without heroes - ie specifically to avoid spending money in this way. And the engineered accounts I've known have spent a total of zero gems on their engineered bases. I suspect engineering is destroying SC's major source of income already
    TH9.5 | 2000+ war stars | Trophy record as TH9: 4579 (rank #4141, #67 in UK); as a 9.5: 5282
    XX: 5300+ | FF: 1900+ | AA 200+ | GG/EE/HH: who's counting?
    Forum cup organiser. The forum cup discord server is: https://discord.gg/KEUxV2e
    General Coc Events server: http://discord.me/cocevents

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAngryNeeson52 View Post
    being sarcastic buddy
    AngryNeeson, AngryNeeson52 haha!

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by OnyxDS View Post
    What source of income? The main reason for people buying gems in the clans I've been in is to gem heroes for war. All the really engineered clans we've faced use their extra offence to war without heroes - ie specifically to avoid spending money in this way. And the engineered accounts I've known have spent a total of zero gems on their engineered bases. I suspect engineering is destroying SC's major source of income already
    Interesting point. I wonder if SC is more interested about engineers now b/c they're causing them to lose revenue, rather than concerns about a bunch of people whining in the forums?

Quote Originally Posted by MossackFonseca View Post
    Interesting point. I wonder if SC is more interested about engineers now b/c they're causing them to lose revenue, rather than concerns about a bunch of people whining in the forums?
    I think they are concerned that the matchmaker's faults have gone on so long that a lot of players put a lot of time into making engineered accounts and, frankly, a lot of players enjoy engineering. Despite the faults, the game is working. SC is making money. Making a big change, knowing it will irritate a lot of players, is probably something to worry about, even if at the same time they are confident it will make a lot of players happy. That is why I thought they would go down the road of something like making each hall weigh at least as much as the max hall below, or 1.5 halls below, something like that to reach a bit of a compromise and then a year from now make another change to slowly move away from engineering. Instead, it looks like they are going to just try to match engineers. Given there must then be a line drawn for what is considered by the matchmaker as an engineered account, there is still going to be a huge advantage in there somewhere I think, not to mention there was no reference to dealing with roster engineering. I'm hoping it works better than I predict.
    Th11 here, several other accounts th8-10 (ok 6 more accounts, don't tell my wife). Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Some tips/thoughts on Legends here. Engineers aren't the problem, they are the symptom of a problematic matchmaker. My Legends hope: PvP 5500+ with attack limit, leave rest same, including usual legends from 5000-5499.

When I engineered my th9, I spent very little money and I mean very little(it's now a th10 heading for the maxed path and only did it for a hero or two in war). You know where all my gems went? My currently maxing th11. IMO most engineers don't spend the money. If you are one, I'm sorry about your loss.
    | #CRCO92VL | Clan Leader | LVL 4 | 26-5-2 | Highest win streak 26, combined from previous clan #892COQGU | My Clan https://link.clashofclans.com/?actio...e&tag=CRC092VL |

Quote Originally Posted by lMACl View Post
    When I engineered my th9, I spent very little money and I mean very little(it's now a th10 heading for the maxed path and only did it for a hero or two in war). You know where all my gems went? My currently maxing th11. IMO most engineers don't spend the money. If you are one, I'm sorry about your loss.
    I agree. As a maxer, I spent my money on boosts and heroes. The majority was spent to get my heroes back for war. I'd like to he able to enjoy my heroes at my level for at least a short while before progressing to the next level. The small advantage i would enjoy over other bases at my level is dwarfed by the massive advantage. 5s have over my base currently. If sc does not not find a mm that does not punish maxers, I will not go to next level. On the plus side, I guess it will save me a lot of time and money.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12