Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Builder Base Isn't Very Good

Builder Base Isn't Very Good

I hope the dev team read this. By now I'm sure that you have already listened to this a million times. Builder Base isn't great.

Problem(s) with builder base
    1) Defensive buildings are WAYYYYY TO OP. The range of each building is crazy, and so is their damage. Take mortar for example. Barbarians obliterated in how many shots? The air defense is no different, firecracker might as well cover the whole map while you're at it.

2) Troops are just plain weak and/or stupid. Other than giants and baby dragons, the others take 2-3 shots before they kiss the ground. AI is stupid. I'm not expecting them to walk around the base and avoid getting shot at. But why walk into the base when you can walk straight? Their abilities (minion,giant,arc) are also useless.

3) No troop composition matters. Due to the 2 reasons above.

4) No base building matters. Trap placement doesn't really matter. With such high damage and range, placement of defensive buildings doesn't matter too.

Stats to back me up - I played daily BB on both my accounts since more that a week back. So at least, I did 6 attacks daily for a week and a half. This is not including the attacks that I lost. Out of all of that, only once I got a 100%.

Please improve the game or remove it completely. The options of having an upgrade on main base is not at all worth it if I have to play through game mode.
    Last edited by Bakunin; 1 Week Ago at 11:19 AM.

It's boring because it lacks any social element. Supercell needs to add 2v2/tournaments/etc before it becomes something addictive like main base.

Welcome. You will probably find this thread will be moved to the builder hall sub-forum. As for your complaints, I agree the AI is a bit off at times. I disagree with most of the rest of it.

1) I'm only in the 3000s, but I'm getting 3 stars often enough. I do hear that higher up the 3 stars are very rare, so perhaps the max defense is too strong (the same opinion I have about max th11).

2) Some of the most successful attackers at the highest trophies are those little archers and barbs.

3) It matters.

4) Base design is huge. It is almost entirely the difference between me getting 1, 2 or 3 stars.

Caution: On Bh I just get my 3 wins per day and that is it, so my opinion might not be as valid as those who play it a lot.
    Last edited by Bakunin; 1 Week Ago at 11:19 AM.

Actually, let me restate my last post. It's not entirely that BB needs social/2v2 to make it fun. If the game itself were fun, and op made great points why it's not, then it wouldn't need 2v2/social/tournaments. But the best way I can see to fix a boring game is to add these social element (2v2/social/tournaments/etc.)

First question: what builder base hall are you?

Quote Originally Posted by PendekarHaha View Post
    I hope the dev team read this. By now I'm sure that you have already listened to this a million times. Builder Base isn't great.

Problem(s) with builder base
    1) Defensive buildings are WAYYYYY TO OP. The range of each building is crazy, and so is their damage. Take mortar for example. Barbarians obliterated in how many shots? The air defense is no different, firecracker might as well cover the whole map while you're at it.
    They are not overpowered. Rather they are designed so one army cannot obliterate any base repeatedly.

2) Troops are just plain weak and/or stupid. Other than giants and baby dragons, the others take 2-3 shots before they kiss the ground. AI is stupid. I'm not expecting them to walk around the base and avoid getting shot at. But why walk into the base when you can walk straight? Their abilities (minion,giant,arc) are also useless.

3) No troop composition matters. Due to the 2 reasons above.
    You are not elaborating what's wrong with the AI. They go to the nearest building or defense, or the guard troops. Some bases are easier to attack with ground, all barbs, dragon and minion, etc.

4) No base building matters. Trap placement doesn't really matter. With such high damage and range, placement of defensive buildings doesn't matter too.
    Some bases work well because how they path troops, especially giants.

You say defense doesn't matter and it will get destroyed, but then you say it's overpowered and you can't win. Sounds hypocritical and you are just struggling yourself (everyone does).
    Last edited by Bakunin; 1 Week Ago at 11:20 AM.
    #R9ULGP29

Stats to back me up - I played daily BB on both my accounts since more that a week back. So at least, I did 6 attacks daily for a week and a half. This is not including the attacks that I lost. Out of all of that, only once I got a 100%.
    If everyone gets 100% most of the time, we'll get a lot of draws which counts as a loss because you don't get any loot.

GBE: +40%MP
    , +17%G, +17%G, +17%G
    +16%G
    TD: +28%MP TH: +31%MP RR: +47%MP, +20%G PSC: +61%MP

I'll add 1 more to the OP:

Getting constantly matched with the next BH level up. So now I have to face more defences, probably upgraded defences, and in order to get the same % of their base I have to take out more buildings. Oh, and they most likely have higher level troops to take out the fewer buildings of mine they need to take to win.
    A Decent Clan- Lvl 13

Lord Sauron Lvl 179 TH11 41/45/18
    Mouth of Sauron Lvl 169 TH11 36/40/4
    Morgoth Lvl 70 TH9 10/4

Quote Originally Posted by MouthofSauron View Post

Getting constantly matched with the next BH level up. So now I have to face more defences, probably upgraded defences, and in order to get the same % of their base I have to take out more buildings. Oh, and they most likely have higher level troops to take out the fewer buildings of mine they need to take to win.
    There is definitely an advantage to being Bh6, even if rushed. I recommend upgrading to Bh6 as soon as you can.
    Th11 here, several other accounts th8-10 (ok 6 more accounts, don't tell my wife). Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Some tips/thoughts on Legends here. Engineers aren't the problem, they are the symptom of a problematic matchmaker. My Legends hope: PvP 5500+ with attack limit, leave rest same, including usual legends from 5000-5499.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by MouthofSauron View Post

I can definitely agree with this frustration. When I was a bh5, I was constantly being matched with bh6, even at 2400-2600 range. So I rushed to bh6. Best decision of my life lol. The main other gripe I have is troop ai. They will literally walk past a building that's CLEARLY closer to another building, simply to get crushed, shot out the sky, or roasted. Desperately needs improved

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    There is definitely an advantage to being Bh6, even if rushed. I recommend upgrading to Bh6 as soon as you can.
    Quote Originally Posted by DBlaze View Post
    I can definitely agree with this frustration. When I was a bh5, I was constantly being matched with bh6, even at 2400-2600 range. So I rushed to bh6. Best decision of my life lol. The main other gripe I have is troop ai. They will literally walk past a building that's CLEARLY closer to another building, simply to get crushed, shot out the sky, or roasted. Desperately needs improved
    I only play it on one of my 4 accounts, and I stopped playing it for 39 days and just started up again recently. I'm a BH5 with a level 3 BM, but I'm moving up to BH6 as soon as I can save the gold (another frustrating point). I've only just recently cracked the 2000 trophy barrier.
    A Decent Clan- Lvl 13

Lord Sauron Lvl 179 TH11 41/45/18
    Mouth of Sauron Lvl 169 TH11 36/40/4
    Morgoth Lvl 70 TH9 10/4

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast