Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Builder Base Isn't Very Good

Sitting near a fire with some Barbarians and Valkyries(\/alhalla)
    Bh is simply not fun for me. It's just garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    OP says troop combination and base design doesn't matter. I say they both matter. You say I'm wrong, then say they do matter. I'm not wrong. Perhaps they could matter more, but that doesn't make my statement wrong. Base design makes a big difference when I'm attacking and I don't understand the claim that troops don't matter at all. Of course the troop selected and the combination of troops put together makes a difference. Perhaps you would like to make them both matter more, which is a reasonable opinion.
    It doesn't matter. You're gonna get somewhere between 62-81% 2star depending on your matchup. And the matchmaking is totally broken just like clan wars. I'm at 3300 trophies facing more progressed bases than when I was at 3800 trophies.

I'll get a 60%ish 2star on a base that's more progressed than mine, and usually in the 70%-80% range when it's slightly below mine.

It's a cash grab. Simple cheap development, simple cheap updates, and the suckers who will drop a few hundred bucks will spend it regardless of if the game is good or not

OP says troop combination and base design doesn't matter. I say they both matter. You say I'm wrong, then say they do matter. I'm not wrong. Perhaps they could matter more, but that doesn't make my statement wrong. Base design makes a big difference when I'm attacking and I don't understand the claim that troops don't matter at all. Of course the troop selected and the combination of troops put together makes a difference. Perhaps you would like to make them both matter more, which is a reasonable opinion.
    hope it will be better as BH gets to 8+. The only confidence I have is that main base got better the higher th level you progressed too. Right now it seems cheap, but we'll see.

Better ai, another builder, and higher loot caps would also be nice

Quote Originally Posted by Kirch3b21 View Post
    It doesn't matter. You're gonna get somewhere between 62-81% 2star depending on your matchup. And the matchmaking is totally broken just like clan wars. I'm at 3300 trophies facing more progressed bases than when I was at 3800 trophies.

I'll get a 60%ish 2star on a base that's more progressed than mine, and usually in the 70%-80% range when it's slightly below mine.

It's a cash grab. Simple cheap development, simple cheap updates, and the suckers who will drop a few hundred bucks will spend it regardless of if the game is good or not
    I don't understand why the percentage you will get attacking the other base is at all impacted by its progression compared to your own. I do agree the higher the defense is, the harder it is to get a higher %. That makes sense, just like it makes sense that the same is true on the main base. Base design also makes a big difference to my attacks. I can 3 star the bad designs, but not the good ones. As far as the bases I'm matching, I see some that are farther along on defense and some that aren't. Either way, they are at my same trophy level for a reason, whether that be less skill, less desire to push (I win 3 per day and that is it so it is hard to have much less), weaker defense, weaker offense, bad base design, etc.
    Max th11 here with several other accounts (ok 6, don't tell my wife) from th8 through th10. Answers to how trophies are calculated can be found here. Some tips/thoughts on Legends are here. Engineers aren't the problem, they are the symptom of a problematic matchmaker. My hope for Legends: a player vs. player system that starts at 5500 trophies (leave everything below 5500 the same, including Legends).

Banned
    I used to be in the same boat... Ive said it sucks, garbage, waste of space etc. But since Ive copied a (better) base design off google images, got my dragons leveled up and rushed, Im getting a better win rate and it's not so frustrating. These days I get the 3 wins put a build on and back to main base... Easy.

I don't understand why the percentage you will get attacking the other base is at all impacted by its progression compared to your own. I do agree the higher the defense is, the harder it is to get a higher %. That makes sense, just like it makes sense that the same is true on the main base. Base design also makes a big difference to my attacks. I can 3 star the bad designs, but not the good ones. As far as the bases I'm matching, I see some that are farther along on defense and some that aren't. Either way, they are at my same trophy level for a reason, whether that be less skill, less desire to push (I win 3 per day and that is it so it is hard to have much less), weaker defense, weaker offense, bad base design, etc.
    Just saying, small advantages make a huuuge difference. 1 troop level or a couple defenses that are a level higher. If I have the advantage, I generally get around 80%, sometimes 3star. If they have the advantage, I generally get in the 60s and they get the 80-100. Not that hard to figure

It's not as strategic as you want to believe it to be. 90% of it is the matchup. It's funny, on both my accounts I was stuck at around the 2400-2500 trophy area at bh5. I would face bh6 bases with two crushers. When I went to bh6 and threw a couple new defenses down, I was constantly facing bh5s and easily getting to 3000 trophies almost instantly.

I'm willing to bet that until I get around maxed out I will be just below the 4000 trophy area and that when I max out I'll push past that quickly

Quote Originally Posted by Kirch3b21 View Post
    It's not as strategic as you want to believe it to be. 90% of it is the matchup. It's funny, on both my accounts I was stuck at around the 2400-2500 trophy area at bh5. I would face bh6 bases with two crushers. When I went to bh6 and threw a couple new defenses down, I was constantly facing bh5s and easily getting to 3000 trophies almost instantly.

I'm willing to bet that until I get around maxed out I will be just below the 4000 trophy area and that when I max out I'll push past that quickly
    Clearly if one person in the match has higher level troops and defense they have an advantage. If they have a better base design that is also an advantage. That is no different than on the main base. Most of my matches in Bh are against someone with almost the same defense as me. I have continued to win 3 times per day and have had keep building defense. I'm not high enough up to be facing people that gemmed their defense way ahead. Similarly, most of my matches are against someone attacking me with a max offense, although perhaps not the same troop maxed that I elected to max, because again I'm not high enough up to be facing people that gemmed multiple max troops done. Because of that similarity in the matches, the base design matters quite a bit in my matches.

This game is not as strategic as late game on the main base of course. It is more like if you started playing th6 now after all this experience. We are only at Bh6. Personally, I don't want it to quickly get like the main base. I prefer it to be just a simple little side game for as long as possible.
    Max th11 here with several other accounts (ok 6, don't tell my wife) from th8 through th10. Answers to how trophies are calculated can be found here. Some tips/thoughts on Legends are here. Engineers aren't the problem, they are the symptom of a problematic matchmaker. My hope for Legends: a player vs. player system that starts at 5500 trophies (leave everything below 5500 the same, including Legends).

Quote Originally Posted by PendekarHaha View Post
    Their abilities (minion,giant,arc) are also useless.
    This is when I stopped taking the post seriously, you think the archers ability is useless? Many people have called for it to be nerfed. You yourself said it sucks how they die in two or three shots, and you think them being nigh unkillable is useless?

The forum mods really need to just start deleting these posts. They're troll posts from people just looking to stir up trouble. It would be different if they came from an established former, but every day we see these and they typically come from someone with very few posts under the account, often less than 5-10. This account hasn't replied into the thread, this is the only post the system even shows in the account profile....
    Clan: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123