Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Question to all who love Boom Beach

Under a bridge, by a river, close to a house, with a kitchen!

Question to all who love Boom Beach

I've been playing since the game came out but I've quit many times because I got bored. I like to max every HQ and I grabbed the game again a couple months ago but I still don't feel the game so enjoyable. My HQ is level 17.

My question is, when does the game get better or more fun??

On the map I get tough opponents and it's just hard for me to go past 380. I'm about to max HQ17 so what am I doing wrong?

I mostly use tanks and medics but with last weeks event, I did enjoy using grenadiers and medics. Currently upgrading warriors.

Hope anyone can help me out because I do like the game but I want to enjoy it more.
    TH11 - Lvl 188 - Working on Defense/Lab. - Heroes: 43/43/20. - Walls: 300 Magma. 36/75 Ivory. Builder Hall 6 - Working on Def/Lab/Traps - 100/120 lvl 5 Walls - Max BH5. TH8.5 - Lvl 110 - Working on Defense. - Heroes: 15/14. - Walls: 132/250 Lava. Maxed TH8. Completely maxed Builder Hall 3. Will stay Lvl 3. Leader of GhostAshes. Level 6 clan. Tag: #YUUOV9UO. (TH11 Trophy Record: 5363)

i use warriors..maxing everything as you go is very slow..if you get HQ 22 as fast as you can and upgrade the troops you use most..and dont 4get your LCs, the higher you get them the more troops you get...more damage...better gameplay etc
    Lloopy stole battlecat.....she wont give him back.....

Yea it seems like the best thing to do. Rush and upgrade a specific troop and LC. Just wish that the map had easier but still hard opponents. Right now I can't even get to the HQ with most.

Quote Originally Posted by RayTyson View Post
    Yea it seems like the best thing to do. Rush and upgrade a specific troop and LC. Just wish that the map had easier but still hard opponents. Right now I can't even get to the HQ with most.

The good news is you don't need to beat other players to advance. There are plenty of resources available from events and NPCs if you manage it right. Here's one explanation, plenty of others if you search the forum:

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post10705019

Basically it's RR and strategic resource collection. Don't collect (from boats, from subs, from enemy bases) til you need them. Then upgrade and logoff with empty stores.

Other than that, focus on upgrading offense and getting to HQ22 asap. The fastest way is to build whatever has lowest upgrade time, those give most bang for the buck.

You can also try watching vids on youtube for better attack strategy. I suspect your troops are underpowered for your level and/or you have too many green statues (1 is too many). 380 VP should be very manageable at HQ 17. Though it's been 4-5 months since I was there. It seems more turtles are crowding out the real players every day.

Good luck.
    main HQ 22 Lvl 65 (maxed) - VP 1000 - GB 40 17 16 16 - RR 44 - TD 29 12 TH 32 - BD 34 BH 28
    ... alt HQ 22 Lvl 58 - VP 570 - GB 40 17 17 17 16 - PSC 74 29 - TD 26 12 TH 27

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RayTyson View Post
    I've been playing since the game came out but I've quit many times because I got bored. I like to max every HQ and I grabbed the game again a couple months ago but I still don't feel the game so enjoyable. My HQ is level 17.

My question is, when does the game get better or more fun??

On the map I get tough opponents and it's just hard for me to go past 380. I'm about to max HQ17 so what am I doing wrong?

I mostly use tanks and medics but with last weeks event, I did enjoy using grenadiers and medics. Currently upgrading warriors.

Hope anyone can help me out because I do like the game but I want to enjoy it more.
    No wonder you quit and never enjoyed the game, you never actually played the game, especially the way it is supposed to be played. It is called boom beach, you boom everyones beaches. It is not called farm beach, or turtle beach, or collect production resources beach, or hope i dont get raided beach....

The fun of this game is raiding and op hits, i believe alot of people give up because they refuse to progress or learn new troop combos, or jist plain arent good at the game/games and turn it into a resource collection game.

I suggest you quit worrying about vp and start killing stuff, if you cant kill it ask for help in the strat section, ditch all your ♥♥♥♥ green and blue statues and focus on nothing but offense. I 100% believe you that you did not enjoy this game, and it was because of the way you chose to play it.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainBum View Post
    No wonder you quit and never enjoyed the game, you never actually played the game, especially the way it is supposed to be played. It is called boom beach, you boom everyones beaches. It is not called farm beach, or turtle beach, or collect production resources beach, or hope i dont get raided beach....

The fun of this game is raiding and op hits, i believe alot of people give up because they refuse to progress or learn new troop combos, or jist plain arent good at the game/games and turn it into a resource collection game.

I suggest you quit worrying about vp and start killing stuff, if you cant kill it ask for help in the strat section, ditch all your ♥♥♥♥ green and blue statues and focus on nothing but offense. I 100% believe you that you did not enjoy this game, and it was because of the way you chose to play it.
    Yea maybe I was doing it all wrong, I don't know. I do attack beaches but most are too tough. I do have different statues but it's not all green. I've got one statue for every resource and 4 other statues for boosting troop health and some other stuff.

yea I guess I'll try new combos. Or something. I think I just don't know the strengths of every troop and know how well to use them, I guess.
    TH11 - Lvl 188 - Working on Defense/Lab. - Heroes: 43/43/20. - Walls: 300 Magma. 36/75 Ivory. Builder Hall 6 - Working on Def/Lab/Traps - 100/120 lvl 5 Walls - Max BH5. TH8.5 - Lvl 110 - Working on Defense. - Heroes: 15/14. - Walls: 132/250 Lava. Maxed TH8. Completely maxed Builder Hall 3. Will stay Lvl 3. Leader of GhostAshes. Level 6 clan. Tag: #YUUOV9UO. (TH11 Trophy Record: 5363)

There will always be people who can beat your base no matter what level your defence is. I'd upgrade something offensive everytime.

Buildings to max at every HQ level: Gunboat, Radar, Vault, Sculpture, Armoury, Landing Crafts.

If that doesn't give you enough experience to get to the next HQ then upgrade the cheapest defence until you can. Upgrade HQ as soon as it becomes available.

Armoury - only upgrade the troops you use and one secondary combo. For example tanks, medics, heavies and zookas. Also any GBE abilities you use. Once they are maxed for your current armoury level, upgrade it. Or max it for your current HQ level and then focus on specific troops.

Statues - Get rid of any greens or blues. Replace them with purples and reds. Personally I like GBE boosts and resource rewards.

Heroes: Pick the Hero you like best and an ability you like best then focus on it.

Some general advice - Hoard proto parts. Honestly you really only need proto weapons when you're maxed.

Go as far as you can go on every event. Always attack them first.

Use the note system to mark players to kill (I use a capital K) and players you need to boost to kill (I use a capital B). Once you have enough players you have to boost to kill, boost your offensive statues and go to town.

Never use the destroy option for blackguard bases. You will get better rewards for taking them out yourself. Use YouTube if you get stuck.

Attack only when you have an upgrade to do. Otherwise you're making yourself a target for higher players.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Boom57; August 13th, 2017 at 08:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boom57 View Post
    There will always be people who can beat your base no matter what level your defence is. I'd upgrade something offensive everytime.

Buildings to max at every HQ level: Gunboat, Radar, Vault, Sculpture, Armoury, Landing Crafts.

If that doesn't give you enough experience to get to the next HQ then upgrade the cheapest defence until you can. Upgrade HQ as soon as it becomes available.

Armoury - only upgrade the troops you use and one secondary combo. For example tanks, medics, heavies and zookas. Also any GBE abilities you use. Once they are maxed for your current armoury level, upgrade it. Or max it for your current HQ level and then focus on specific troops.

Statues - Get rid of any greens or blues. Replace them with purples and reds. Personally I like GBE boosts and resource rewards.

Heroes: Pick the Hero you like best and an ability you like best then focus on it.

Some general advice - Hoard proto parts. Honestly you really only need proto weapons when you're maxed.

Go as far as you can go on every event. Always attack them first.

Use the note system to mark players to kill (I use a capital K) and players you need to boost to kill (I use a capital B). Once you have enough players you have to boost to kill, boost your offensive statues and go to town.

Never use the destroy option for blackguard bases. You will get better rewards for taking them out yourself. Use YouTube if you get stuck.

Attack only when you have an upgrade to do. Otherwise you're making yourself a target for higher players.

Good luck.
    Thanks for the advice. This really helps.

9.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #9
    What megacrab and Boom57 said.... plus a couple of good guides:

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...ltimate-Guides

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-style-of-play

The ability to raid from others (i.e. all offense) combined with good, boosted Resource Reward statues will gain you all the resources you need for those expensive upgrades.

HQ22 PSC MP74% GBE MP42% G17% G17% G17% G17% TD MP32% G13% TH MP35% G14%

Durruti Column #88L8RQLL - TF 5 - One Open Space - Highest LB Position 59 - Recruitment Thread - Beach Defender

New To Boom Beach And Can't Progress? - High Level Gameplay With Hajen - In-Game Names - Main Forum Rules

All the fun is in the operations. The rest of the game is just chores around them.

IGN: eduardo | LVL65 (Maxed Out, except hero abilities) | HQ22
    FIN25 (29980 FP, #99VQPP00)
    Boom Beach Finlandia Youtube