Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Derby Matching

Angry Derby Matching

Just a quick question. Last week our neighborhood came in the top 3 and this week we're currently in 11th. We have the same amount of people in the derby and everyone always does the same point tasks. Does this have to do with how they match us up? And what can we do to come in top 3 every week?

No you get the teams that have the same number opt-in , That start the same time as you do ,
    But even if you start the same time evry week will you get a big difference how good the teams are ,
    Last edited by Lyngby; 4 Days Ago at 11:55 PM.

New Guy
    Even if your NH has the same number of "opt ins" each week, you are not guaranteed to face the same 14 NH opponents every week. Some weeks you will come across weak NHs that are inexperienced and/or do not strategize well and other weeks you will face NHs that exclusively use diamonds to finish all 10x320s as quickly as possible.
    I am seeing this first hand in my recent ascension into CL. As long as I do not finish in the bottom 3 of a race, I'm happy with the final results.
    I've read here in forums 2 different explanations on how a NH is matched with others. EXP #1:. You get matched once someone in your NH chooses the first task off the board. EXP #2:. You get matched once a task is completed.
    Not sure which explanation is correct.

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssum1919 View Post
    Even if your NH has the same number of "opt ins" each week, you are not guaranteed to face the same 14 NH opponents every week. Some weeks you will come across weak NHs that are inexperienced and/or do not strategize well and other weeks you will face NHs that exclusively use diamonds to finish all 10x320s as quickly as possible.
    I am seeing this first hand in my recent ascension into CL. As long as I do not finish in the bottom 3 of a race, I'm happy with the final results.
    I've read here in forums 2 different explanations on how a NH is matched with others. EXP #1:. You get matched once someone in your NH chooses the first task off the board. EXP #2:. You get matched once a task is completed.
    Not sure which explanation is correct.
    As Leader of a neighbourhood that always practises a delayed start, I can confirm that you are matched at the point where the first task is taken by a member of your team.

As soon as the task is taken it's possible to tap on the horse tab to see the race you are in. Sometimes we are lucky and there are only one or two other teams at that point. When that happens, we see new teams gradually join the race. We have a head start, though, and often do well in such a race.

Sometimes we are unlucky, and are matched into a race which had been running for a while. Then it's time to play catchup!

I hope this helps.

Hay Day level 145 (main farm) - Achievement 132 reached on 11 July 2017
    Android player who doesn't use Facebook
    Magic nets cast in all 12 fishing spots on 8 December, 16 January, 7 February, 12 April, 21 May and 21 June (Hay Day's 5th birthday), when I finally got the Pearl of the Sea!

The matching can really vary. We normally finish the derby in 6th-7th place. But currently we are in 1t place (I don't think we've ever been in 1st place this late in the derby!)

Keeping my fingers crossed!

We are the same this week, normally have been finishing in top 3, this week we are currently 8th.

Fresh Spawn
    Between one ocean to another ocean and one continent to another continent
    I think I've read a formal explanation from Hay Day somewhere about derby matching.
    What I remember is, for derby matching, a neighborhood is matched the moment any player takes the first task (just like Cowslips said). The priority of the matchmaking is the same number of opt-in players. Other things, they count the number of opt-out players and how the neighborhood has performed before (I think they count the average performance from the last few weeks). I think they do it to promote more fair game for all neighborhoods. So, all neighborhoods have more fair chance to get top ranks.
    Farm level : 65
    Start farming : Around Dec 2016 when the snow fell on the farm and still farming everyday

I have a theory but it's been unfounded so far. Say you have 100 points total in the derby, you're put into lots with similar achieving nbhs next derby. Assume the nbh winning 1st place is 2 or 300 total and 15th/14th..etc. are lower than 100. This is because I've noticed when we place 1st we have a tough time the next derby. Can anyone confirm?
    Last edited by WorldPawsSupreme; 1 Day Ago at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldPawsSupreme View Post
    I have a theory but it's been unfounded so far. Say you have 100 points total in the derby, you're put into lots with similar achieving nbhs next derby. Assume the nbh winning 1st place is 2 or 300 total and 15th/14th..etc. are lower than 100. This is because I've noticed when we place 1st we have a tough time the next derby. Can anyone confirm?
    Our hood usually places 1st to third each week and I can't see a difference in our weekly competition some weeks we have an easy week and others weeks everyone's doing 320's. It can vary on a weekly basis. And we usually have the same amount of people opt in per week. So I think the matching is random personality. And yes agreed with what everyone else said above about matching with same amount opted in.
    Last edited by Lilly4cats; 1 Day Ago at 11:00 PM.

derby matching is based exclusively on the number opted in and the amount of time needed to fill a full slate of 15 racing teams within a 24 hour period..... nothing else. The first 14 teams matching your exact size will be matched as soon as one team member takes his/her first task....in some cases there is slate open that started maybe several hours earlier but didn't have 15 yet, so you get added there.....in other cases your team is first and others get added until 15. In some cases, for very late starts, there aren't enough teams of your size to ever full that slate before the matching window closes, and you end up with less than 15 for the entire derby.

Points, leaderboard status, previous horseshoes etc. don't factor in at all.
    Farm name: when doves cry
    level 84, town 26
    🌿🌿🌿🌿happy farming🌿🌿🌿🌿

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast