Thread: Should i drop my 4th AD now?

Should i drop my 4th AD now?

Hi everyone, im an 8.5 with 3 ADs at level 7 and most defenses and walls at max th8 level. I want to maintain a low war weight, but also be able to protect my loot especially my DE (they are getting almost 2k per raid) from pesky dragon raids. Constantly getting all my loot stolen because i dont have any new defenses yet. So i want to know if getting my new AD will substantially increase my base weight, and how much will it affect my war matchmaking? I have a good offense and currently 3 star much higher bases almost all the time in war. Im not much concerned about the gold/elixer as im pouring them into my walls but im trying to save my precious DE to upgrade the dark troops from those pesky, zapquake drag attacks and loonions. Our clan leader is currently against the idea of me dropping the 4th AD as he is of the opinion that it will significantly increase my war weight.

Nb- my heroes are 10/5 atm.
    Last edited by DougTheDestroyer; 1 Week Ago at 09:43 PM.

I would say upgrade your heroes to 10/10, and then go ahead and drop the 4th air defense. Having a good base helps as well, mind sharing a pic?
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterwallz View Post
    But seriously, what is the most effective troop for dealing with walls?????

Quote Originally Posted by DESTRUCTIO View Post
    Mexicans, they'll learn a lot about it quite soon

Centennial Club
    Drop the 4th AD they wont add too much on the war weight also it keep laloon and air attacks away. Its absolute must that you upg teslas and AD to TH9 max asap
    Stats: TH10 Lvl138 LeagueCrystal 1
    Heros: BK27 AQ28 GWNA Stars750
    Walls: Lv10225 Lv725

Im having problems attaching a screenshot from my mobile..have been doing some research on this lately both here and on reddit, but im getting mixed views.. Some say i won't be an 8.5 anymore if i buy any new defence and will be matched with regular 9s with xbows while most are saying a 4th AD and tesla will add very little weight. And then there are some who say matchmaking is dependent on the whole clan weight and not individual weight. Im really confused now.😥
    Last edited by DougTheDestroyer; 1 Week Ago at 04:21 AM.

Bump. I really would likd some more input on this. Already used the search, but getting outdated info.

Quote Originally Posted by DougTheDestroyer View Post
    Im having problems attaching a screenshot from my mobile..have been doing some research on this lately both here and on reddit, but im getting mixed views.. Some say i won't be an 8.5 anymore if i buy any new defence and will be matched with regular 9s with xbows while most are saying a 4th AD and tesla will add very little weight. And then there are some who say matchmaking is dependent on the whole clan weight and not individual weight. Im really confused now.😥
    Well, none of those statements are wrong.

Matches in war are all about the whole clan's weight. A lone .5 base will be less felt in war the bigger the size of it.
    If your clan does small wars, one base makes a difference enough in the matchmaking.

An 8.5 I know it as 'the th9 without xbows', nothing more. Half my clan was 8.5 not so long ago and in wars we pulled fair wars (another 8.5s) sometimes a small advantage or disadvantage (like one or two higher town halls on either side). But don't think of the .5 route so seriously and just have it as an old bridge between town halls, and cross it quickly before it breaks.

Tl;dr: Build the defenses except xbows and your weight will be good enough for a transition later on

Quote Originally Posted by DougTheDestroyer View Post
    Bump. I really would likd some more input on this. Already used the search, but getting outdated info.
    th8.5 route:

Drop the ad, all traps and bombs, and the tesla and sweeper. Max all those to th9 levels. I consider this an imperative.

concentrate on offensive and resource structures if you havent already: cc, lab, camps, de drills, spell factories, de storage.

do not upgrade any barracks until this is done, better to even wait longer, after you have aq up to at least 10, 15 better.

BK and AQ to level ten minimum, aq level 15 better. Advance aq first before k by multiples of 5, then bring bk up to aq level.

all gold to "lego" walls.

keep lab working. Suggested priorities are giants, jump, hogs first, then healer, wiz, val, golem second. Barbs and archers help the hero abilities, fyi.

upgrade the rest of the defense and resource buildings along the way, as you can. Do not drop new wiz/arch towers or bows or walls until everything on the base is 8.5 maxed.

After that is all done, if you want to comtinue progressing up, drop the other towers and walls and upgrade those. when everything is upgraded, drop bows.

Good luck.
    "Engineered clans are like schoolyard bullies, pitting th11 against th9, th10 against th8, & th9 against th7, unable to pick on bases their own size."