Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Darian tell us,is supercell working on a way to fix Legend League clouds?

Quote Originally Posted by risingphoenix1 View Post
    first of all no need to insult others when you are stating your opinion....second, that is a terrible solution IMO, people who are farming in lower leagues have gone there to avoid tough bases (primarily for farming purposes), it absolutely not fair for them get hit by strongest players in the game (regardless of their war weight) as they mostly do not run trophy bases....Also, is the guard time similar in silver and legend league? is it fair for a legend to hit a silver league player while the other guy needs to wait way longer to get revenge?

seems to me that the shortsighted one was not me !
    No insult was intended. To say that a solution doesn't exist though is indeed, very short sighted.

What is it exactly that you think that means? It means that you can't see beyond what's immediately in front of you (never-ending clouds). It doesn't have to be that way.

Matches favor targets of your own town hall level. In other words, those TH11 players in lower leagues are being hit by TH11 players anyway. A TH11 in Silver or Gold has exactly the same offenses available to them as those in Legend. How is it unfair for them to be hit by those players?

Revenge? How long do you think Legend players wait for revenge? They don't, because the button doesn't work for them. So what if the lower guy has to wait for revenge? At least the option is there.

Pro Member
    Trying to stay awake til I find a base to raid
    Quote Originally Posted by Alishr99 View Post
    I know legend league is for everyone
    but top leader board isn't
    it is for gemmer
    in both villages
    look like you're new to this
    I don't mind that very top is for gemmers. In builder base f2p can't aim for top but at least they get quick matches. If you introduce a pay to make clouds go away option - f2p wouldn't get any matches in main village because they would all be taken by gemmers. f2p should be able to play, otherwise they would be f2sac (free to stare at clouds, not free to play).
    Sir Mick
    Near max TH11, 5621 max cups, 1602 war stars
    Rushed BH6, 3877 max cups

Best way to fix clouds?

Add a mini game to replace the clouds! Snake should keep people occupied whilst waiting to find a base? Or maybe Tetris!

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by risingphoenix1 View Post
    first of all no need to insult others when you are stating your opinion....second, that is a terrible solution IMO, people who are farming in lower leagues have gone there to avoid tough bases (primarily for farming purposes), it absolutely not fair for them get hit by strongest players in the game (regardless of their war weight) as they mostly do not run trophy bases....Also, is the guard time similar in silver and legend league? is it fair for a legend to hit a silver league player while the other guy needs to wait way longer to get revenge?

seems to me that the shortsighted one was not me !
    If 'short sighted' is offensive, then I'd have been banned from these forums years ago.

Fresh Spawn
    Solution is no guard and no shield, after 5000 trophies.

Legends needs alternating shield times. Legend Shield would give a day off, and then a series of short shields. In my time up there, I had to manage my base so hard, and it definitely took away from my time in real life.

Legend Shield=One day off, a well deserved break for getting there.
    Series of Short Shields=More bases available for attack, but faster search time and more frequent attacks...easier to mitigate trophy loss.
    Main: Gueede | Began 12/19/13 | Clan Swnky Town (#PLPJY20V) -- Co-Leader
    TH 11 - LVL 157 - BK 50- AQ 50 -GW 20 - Magma: 191 | Ivory: 109
    GG: 1.6 Billion -- EE: 1.56 Billion -- HH: 11.2 Million ||
    All-Time Best: 5406 -- War Stars: 829
    Mini 1: Gaspard TH9 LVL 121 | War Stars: 674 || Mini 2: Batmaan TH8 LVL 55 | War Stars: 33

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheConfuzed1 View Post
    More of the same is not the answer.

When we get to Legend league, the trophy system needs a new approach. Instead of matching us up with players of the same trophy level, we should simply be matched with players whose bases are of the same weight.

When Legend league players are able to attack those in lower leagues, two things will happen... The clouds will vanish, and the higher level players will have more reason to push out of those leagues in which they don't belong.
    This! 1000 x this! Enable matching anyone at any league with a similar weight. The clouds atm for me are the worst they've been and I'm only low legends. I'd try to drop further but waiting all that time in the clouds just to dump cups means I'm just not bothering to play

This thread is supposed to discuss if SC is doing something about the clouds, and maybe speculate why they've never fixed this old issue.

solutions have already been proposed and discussed a lot. PvP is the only effective one. It's more important to know if SC is doing something about it or not, and why...
    Nothing here stays the same forever. You must learn to change as the game changes, or clash will force you one way or another.

9.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #49
    I'm not really sure what you're expecting me to say on this apart from what's already been said. I know it sounds like a broken record but it is something the team is looking into and has been.

Reducing shield times may not necessarily be the right answer. Having shorter shield times means players will just hop online more often or for longer stretches of time to avoid being attacked while trying to find more bases to attack. And that is the underlying issue - it requires people to be offline with no shields. When there is a high number of people online trying to find a base to attack then it leaves not enough bases to attack.

Removing shields altogether for that league might look like a solution but would have similar consequences.

Going H2H is an option we're possibly looking at as it proved it could work as it does on the Builder Base. It takes advantage of the number of people online instead of the number of people offline. Given that we just implemented the H2H system, we do need to collect more data on if it's a viable solution first and try and predict how many people it will impact, and how it will impact the end-game leagues.

Yes there are solutions out there. Each one of them has pros and cons; some with more cons than pros, but some are potentially viable. The goal is to find the one that has the least number of negative consequences for the players. The idea people spend more gems while clouding is a silly one. We would prefer if players were able to enjoy the game when they want and not have to wait in a virtual cloud-queue to do so.

If you're looking for me to say "we have a solution planned for X date" then I don't have that answer for you yet.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FearElemental View Post
    There's no money in it for them if they fix clouds.
    I'm sorry, but this is the only, correct answer.

Probably clouds wasn't the way the game was intended to be played in the higher levels, but since they have been in the game FOR YEARS, it seems that clouds didn't stop Clash from being as successful as it is today.

Even though Supercell loves fixing stuff that isn't broken, in this case it would be a terrible financial decision to mess up with how the WHALES have been playing for years.

I would go even so far to say that fixing clouds would be Supercell's "last gamble" before the game starts dying (similar to how Supercell abolished cheap shilding).