Page 1 of 241 1231151101 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clan War Matchmaking Improvements

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1

Clan War Matchmaking Improvements

Hey Clashers,

As we have said in the past, one of our most important goals in matchmaking for Clan Wars is to ensure that each Clan is more evenly matched against the other. While we have made changes and updates to our matchmaking algorithm over time, we also understand much more needed to be done to provide an enjoyable War experience while preventing one Clan from having a major advantage over the other.

We wanted to share with you that we are making improvements to how the algorithm functions in order to address “engineered bases” in the matchmaking feature. This new functionality will take more into account as far as “total weight” is concerned with regards to both defense and offense. What this means for you is that your Clan will be more evenly matched against other Clans that have similar builds.

One of the challenges in creating a matchmaking system is to allow players to retain their creativity in their base design and play style. We wanted to make sure that your strategies are not invalidated; just more evenly matched against others who share your play style. Our improved algorithm is an evolutionary step in making sure Clans will be matched more frequently against opponents of equivalent difficulty. Furthermore, we have also built in a certain degree of flexibility into the new system that allows us to fine tune the matchmaking weights as needed. This will allow us to monitor the matchmaking, make changes if we feel the weights are either too heavy or not heavy enough.

The matchmaking algorithm is still currently in development and is slated for a near-future release! But we wanted to make sure we communicated this to you all and let you know that ensuring an enjoyable Clan War is just as important to us as it is to you.

Clash On!

The Clash of Clans Team
    AKA Tank Puppy

“In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.”
    Terry Pratchett

Banned
    Hopelessly Wandering the Clouds in Search of a Base
    Awesome news! Thanks Darian!

Time to war again ...wait...was anything specific in that message?
    Last edited by RedDestroyers; July 28th, 2017 at 02:15 PM.
    Join Hero's Ascent
    #GURP8CP8
    Lv5 Clan
    http://www.youtube.com/c/blueClashofclans

Thank you Darian
    TH10 | BK25 - AQ25
    BH5 | BM​5
    #2PVGP99P9

Banned
    sounds good, but let's see how it actually works

but thanks for informing us! communication is always a good thing and I'm grateful for your hard work!

Treat ever'body right, but if they steps on ya, lay 'em among the swee'peas
    Yeaaah!

Here it is!

Thanks to TheShadow626 for the signature

#GoodByeClashRoyaleForums

Join this Amazing Discord Server!!!

Banned
    Did it not take 'total weight' into consideration before? I thought that was the problem and people would engineer a high offensive weight and low defensive weight to get favourable match ups with lower 'total weights'.
    Last edited by BlindHaze; July 28th, 2017 at 02:12 PM.

Lady Maverick
    RESPECT....
    Mr Darian,, MAN OF HIS WORDS....

Thanks for the information.
    TH12 Maxed out EE and GG
    All 3 heros were maxed at 11, working on them again
    Main IGN Marc
    All alternate bases have been retired.
    Coleader of Blue #9L9J2Yl2

And the announcement arrives, but it just says they have continued to work on it and they are going to keep working on it without any actual detail at all. As I said in another thread, I think some of us, me included, incorrectly assumed a community manager would mean we would get detailed information on the forums on a very regular/often basis. This announcement tells us nothing we don't already know and is worthy of only a quick post last week, not a post last week telling us of a big announcement this week that we then wait all week to hear. I have to ask, what possibly was the reason for this simple vague post taking all week? I defended the delay several times in the last week, but it looks like I was wrong.
    Last edited by 2222; July 28th, 2017 at 02:14 PM.