Page 1 of 75 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: What is so wrong about lightning dark elixir?

Banned

What is so wrong about lightning dark elixir?

Hello. I have seen on the forums and in the game, that people look down on players who drop lightning spells on their dark elixir without attacking, but isn't this just like normal farming? Before you leave angry comments, hear me out a bit.
    If you are dropping hundreds of trophies to farm, and wiping out players 30 levels below you, you are taking advantage of the trophy matchmaking system. It is unfair to the lower level players, but why do most people, including me, farm? Because it is beneficial. It makes us progress in the game. I think that the TH6s don't enjoy it too much when they see all their resources get stolen from level 5 troops.
    Now, if you are a townhall 9 or 10, and a townhall 7 lightnings your dark elixir, they are taking advantage of the loot bonus/penalties. It is unfair to the people being lightninged, but it is beneficial to the person who use the lightnings against the dark elixir storage. It sucks that they could use a cheap trick to get dark elixir, but that is the easiest way they progress in the game.
    I am not bashing these styles of playing the game, and if any of you misunderstand, I think that there is nothing wrong with farming. I just think there might be something wrong with me complaining about how my centered DE has been lightninged when I just finished raiding a Townhall 6 who had spent a lot of time protecting his gold and elixir.
    I don't know. Maybe most people have a different perspective? If you disagree, please fill me in in the comments, so I could learn more about this game.

Thanks for your time.
    -Muffin the Puffin

Kicking Tom's butt in a classic Warner Bros. cartoon
    I dunno. I think it just pisses people off (me included) when someone drops three lightning spells on their de storage and takes 1.2 thousand.
    Perma-Banned and lived to tell the tale

I agree with you, very nice and thought out post.
    IGN : Creativity74 LEVEL : 111
    Proud Leader Of ༼༽ཛxpཛrt༼༽

Quote Originally Posted by Muffins View Post
    Hello. I have seen on the forums and in the game, that people look down on players who drop lightning spells on their dark elixir without attacking, but isn't this just like normal farming? Before you leave angry comments, hear me out a bit.
    If you are dropping hundreds of trophies to farm, and wiping out players 30 levels below you, you are taking advantage of the trophy matchmaking system. It is unfair to the lower level players, but why do most people, including me, farm? Because it is beneficial. It makes us progress in the game. I think that the TH6s don't enjoy it too much when they see all their resources get stolen from level 5 troops.
    Now, if you are a townhall 9 or 10, and a townhall 7 lightnings your dark elixir, they are taking advantage of the loot bonus/penalties. It is unfair to the people being lightninged, but it is beneficial to the person who use the lightnings against the dark elixir storage. It sucks that they could use a cheap trick to get dark elixir, but that is the easiest way they progress in the game.
    I am not bashing these styles of playing the game, and if any of you misunderstand, I think that there is nothing wrong with farming. I just think there might be something wrong with me complaining about how my centered DE has been lightninged when I just finished raiding a Townhall 6 who had spent a lot of time protecting his gold and elixir.
    I don't know. Maybe most people have a different perspective? If you disagree, please fill me in in the comments, so I could learn more about this game.

Thanks for your time.
    -Muffin the Puffin
    The thing is, farming usually is attacking abandoned collectors so it is not making anyone angry. Taking an active players hard earned de with lightning (which there is no defense against) causes people to be very angry. That is all.
    Zapping DE storages
    IGN:TomRapp
    Cup Record:3652
    BK:25
    AQ:25

Forum All-Star
    There is a point in your statement

higher level players go down in trophies to raid lower level people. It is beneficial to higher level players but a pain to lower levels.

Lower level players go up in trophies to lightening higher level players de storage. It is beneficial to lower level players but a pain for higher levels.

It's pretty much as simple as that I would say. Each player has a way of getting at each other, and for most cases they do it. I personally have only ever lightninged twice maybe three times. It's a lot more enjoyable to see what your army can do and how far they can get to that de storage
    Squiddy - Lvl 174 - SV 4905🏆 - GG1.8b - EE1.9b - HH11m

Quote Originally Posted by TomRapp View Post
    The thing is, farming usually is attacking abandoned collectors so it is not making anyone angry. Taking an active players hard earned de with lightning (which there is no defense against) causes people to be very angry. That is all.
    No, not really. Probably half or more of my raids and breaking through someone's core.
    IGN : Creativity74 LEVEL : 111
    Proud Leader Of ༼༽ཛxpཛrt༼༽

Quote Originally Posted by Creativity74 View Post
    No, not really. Probably half or more of my raids and breaking through someone's core.

The problem is not losing resources, it is losing them to something that u can never defend against.
    Also 1.2k DE for 60k gold is too cheap. Supercell could just convert the spell factory into a resource converter that takes 60k gold and gives out 1k DE after 2hours. Everyone will be happy.
    TH9•14/250 Lego Walls•LVL100

☆Click Pic To Go To Our Recruitment Thread☆

Quote Originally Posted by MrX View Post
    The problem is not losing resources, it is losing them to something that u can never defend against.
    Also 1.2k DE for 60k gold is too cheap. Supercell could just convert the spell factory into a resource converter that takes 60k gold and gives out 1k DE after 2hours. Everyone will be happy.
    if lower THs are lightning you, then either you're at too low of a trophy count or they're at a very high trophy count. being at too low of a trophy count is easy to remedy...stop farming at a low trophy count and move up. if they're all a very high trophy count for their TH, then obviously they had a lot of work in order to get up there; it isn't as simple as you all make it out to be. you don't simply use 3 lightnings every time they're up at whatever trophy range. there are risks to everything, and choosing to be in trophy ranges where you're very prone to lightning attacks is your own choice.

It a legitimate strategy. Nothing wrong with it.

This is the same as if someone put their townhall outside for everyone to attack and when you attack it you find 4 lvl 7 teslas protecting it you just get angry and start attacking them out of spite

Dark elixir is rare and if someone tries to protect their DE and you lightning them thats asking to get destroyed 100%, this is the reason why the revenge button was made