Page 21 of 49 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 484

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: The true debate.. Is it fair to Engineers to change the MM?

  1. #201
    Quote Originally Posted by Chang405 View Post
    So you are going to disrespect someone over how they play a game? I can't understand it but its your call. Who is demanding that you respect them? I certainly don't care how a stranger over the internet respects or disrespects me.



    So when the CWL clans use a lower TH to attack up and get 2 stars and use a higher TH to dip down to get 3 stars, it is not fair?
    The more I speak with engineers the more I think that you are out of every logic, you just find many excuses to justify that you need this advantage to win.
    CWL or every other war without engineers are fair, the 2 clans have the same rosters, then they can use the strategy they want to win. Both clans can do the same things.
    Versus engineers the rosters is not fair from the beginning.
    Please use your brain before answering rubbish.
    Last edited by Funktastic; July 26th, 2017 at 03:30 PM.

  2. #202
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Pono View Post
    Its not the same. They don't have a th6 weighted th10 or 11... all their bases are maxed or near maxed. This isn't comparable.
    I agree, but the poster I was replying to seemed to imply dipping was his source of frustrations. He needs to be clear about he finds objectionable.

  3. #203
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    No scoping you like it ain't no thing
    Posts
    990
    Quote Originally Posted by ClasherClash443 View Post
    On numerous occasions Supercell has already said they are not for the practice of "lopsided" bases, it is impossible for them to make engineering against the terms of service, just like they couldn't make townhall sniping against the terms of service. That doesn't make it ethical or the way the game is intended to be played. I would not doubt for one second they would make engineering against the terms of service if it were possible.

    They are actively working to rid the game of it, or so they say. Since making it against the terms is impossible, it can't be outlawed, but it is heavily frowned upon by Supercell and a great deal of players.

    If steroids were untraceable or somehow impossible to ban would that make them acceptable? Or would they still have the same stigma attached to them?

    They are both heavily frowned upon by the rule makers of their respective games. Just because engineering is more or less untraceable (how to tell the difference between misguided rushing and engineering???) that doesn't make it acceptable or a clean way to play the game.

    They can't just outright ban engineering because you cannot determine someone's true intentions when building a base, too many innocents would get mixed up in it.
    Of all the posts you've made in this thread, this one may take the cake. This one is laughable. And most of your posts are dismissible. Try not acting like an 8yr old, drop the insults, bad analogies and rhetoric, and maybe have an adult conversation here. More people might take you seriously that way. Even the others in this thread that agree with your point of view on engineering aren't taking you seriously. Telling, no?

    Quote Originally Posted by strandwolfza View Post
    come on, the rules of this forum prevent a lot of us from speaking what we really think about engineers and they force us to be "politically correct" but the truth is that it's hard to respect those who chose to ruin wars for others just to compensate for their lack of attacking/defending skills

    in a sense, these rules are good because they allow the debate to progress, but it can't be denied that they also forbid us from speaking what we really think, and that's always a bad thing, for the truth must be told no matter what
    Why am I not shocked to see exactly this type of post from you? Your thinly veiled insults, and rhetoric about honour and respect get more and more tiresome and old every single time you post them. Besides that, what 'truth' would you be referring to exactly?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ripple1972 View Post
    Is it possible for the anti engineers to make a point without making bad analogies, or posting what is their opinion, but stating it like a fact. Stating your opinion without any facts to back it up has no relationship to the truth.
    As always Ripple, the voice of reason and sanity

    Quote Originally Posted by ClasherClash443 View Post
    I was making the point that CWL outright bans engineering in all forms, because they can, because they know it is garbage. Same with modding, it is banned in CWL as well as against the terms of service because it is easily defined and enforcable without much or any doubt. Engineering is muddled.

    If the admins of the CWL choose to turn a blind eye, or simply don't know how to detect modding, that is a whole other conversation.

    Also, I cannot draw 100% equality between engineering and steroid use because it isn't against the terms of use, BUT, I still contest that the gains from engineering are about as admirable as the gains from steroid use. For the reasons that they both give you a big advantage in their respective games with little to no effort.

    I suspect those that engineer and defend it's use don't really care about being admirable. Just like the steroid users walk around with their chests puffed out like "look at me I am so strong", they don't care how they got there, they just want the end result.

    I hope someday soon it is forbidden, in the form that it no longer creates a significant unfair advantage. I suspect based on Darian's recent comments, that day is not far off. So while it may never be acceptable to call it cheating, we can already say it is heavily frowned upon and looking to be erradicated.
    Not only can't you draw a 100% equality, you can't draw any equality between the two.

    One is not only cheating, it's actually illegal. The other is neither.

    One is gaining an advantage to make millions of dollars. The other is playing a video game.

    There are many other reasons the two are completely non comparable, but those are the two most obvious in my mind, so I'll leave it at that.

  4. #204
    Forum Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,891
    Quote Originally Posted by Pono View Post
    Its not the same. They don't have a th6 weighted th10 or 11... all their bases are maxed or near maxed. This isn't comparable.
    You're right, they are not the same they are similar, both are available strategies used to affect their outcome.
    If you're not smarter than the guy you're dealing with you lose.
    You failed to utilize the most effective strategy by not using the most available resources to affect your outcome.
    I play to win. You play to see how tough you are.
    Defeat the enemy anyway you can.

  5. #205
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    666
    Posts
    1,609
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJackrabbit View Post
    So because something isn't fair that means it's cheating?
    yep, pretty much

    Numerous real life example prove that to be false
    such as?
    but I doubt it, everything that isn't fair (in the sense that it gives someone an unfair advantage over someone else) can also be called cheating

    As far as exploiting the MM, well at 1st those saying that blamed the engineer, now it's the MM, what will it be next. We will see, the one thing I know it won't be is themselves. Nope it is always something else.
    there'll always be complaining, yes. but, at least this time, it is justified. and it isn't like you're saying. this situation is supercell's fault, because they created a flawed MM, but users who choose to exploit this flaw are also to blame. and the way you're saying it's as if there is no problem, but there is, engineering is the problem, it's ruining wars for a lot of people

  6. #206
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Funktastic View Post
    The more I speak with engineers the more I think that you are out of every logic, you just find many excuses to justify that you need this advantage to win.
    CWL or every other war without engineers are fair, the 2 clans have the same rosters, then they can use the strategy they want to win. Th10 attack up and TH11 dip.
    Versus engineers the rosters is not fair from the beginning.
    Please use your brain before answering rubbish.
    Please be more clear when initially stating your thoughts. I am not a mind reader.

  7. #207
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    426
    Quote Originally Posted by strandwolfza View Post
    a successful strategy? definitely
    a fair strategy? no, because it exploits the MM to give you an unintended advantage over the opponent

    "but everyone can do it, so it's fair"

    not really, I can't remove the buildings from my base, can I?

    if we agree that engineering isn't a fair strategy, then I have the right to not respect those who do it, because then engineering wouldn't be different than cheating


    as funktastic said, what you say here doesn't align with the fact that you engineers choose a strategy where you beat opponents a lot weaker than you

    Now there's a real red herring. Nobody can remove buildings from their base. I would guess most engineered bases, and a vast majority of highly engineered bases, are the second (or further down the ladder) accounts of players who have bases they are maxing. I have a couple bases I'm maxing and a couple I'm engineering. And to answer the response that this always gets, that people don't have the time/inclination to start a second base, people who put more time and effort into the game always reap greater rewards. Why do you think you should be competitive with people who put in more time and effort?
    Last edited by Onetoomany; July 26th, 2017 at 03:38 PM.

  8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #208
    Cowboy Holps's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    I got banned for showing Ajax my new recruitment tool.
    Posts
    8,432
    Guys please try to keep it bubbling under the line of acceptability. It's a good thread, if it doesn't descend into personal insults. If it does you know how the story ends.




  9. #209
    Forum Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,827
    Quote Originally Posted by Funktastic View Post
    It's awkward that you choosed to play a hard game and you choose the easy way to win
    By maxing my heroes? No, it's not awkward at all.


    Quote Originally Posted by Funktastic View Post
    Furtermore we can't remove building so even if we want to join you, we can't.
    Removing buildings is not necessary. The .25 strategy allows any non-TH11 to be engineered in about a month (sometimes less).


    Quote Originally Posted by strandwolfza View Post
    "but everyone can do it, so it's fair"

    not really, I can't remove the buildings from my base, can I?
    Removing buildings is not necessary. The .25 strategy allows any non-TH11 to be engineered in about a month (sometimes less). So anybody can do it, and therefore it is fair.


    Quote Originally Posted by strandwolfza View Post
    as funktastic said, what you say here doesn't align with the fact that you engineers choose a strategy where you beat opponents a lot weaker than you
    My 9.11 draws mid Th10. I can sometimes 3 star them, depending on their layout and my skill, and they can sometimes 3 star me, depending on my layout and their skill. That's not a lot weaker.


    Quote Originally Posted by Chang405 View Post
    I would venture the fast majority of engineers are doing what they do to either overcome a disadvantage or gain an advantage.
    The best definition of war weight engineering, IMO, is optimizing your base by making it as powerful as possible for its given war weight. If you think about it, war weight is lumpy, in terms of the amount of in-game usefulness you get for any given amount of it. Some upgrades are very efficient in terms of usefulness per war weight, and some upgrades are very inefficient. Engineers favor the efficient upgrades and delay or omit the inefficient ones.


    Quote Originally Posted by Funktastic View Post
    don't need to debate that attacking TH9 with TH10/11 offense is unfair.
    Oh, like dipping in the CWL?

    Quote Originally Posted by strandwolfza View Post
    So because something isn't fair that means it's cheating?
    yep, pretty much
    Yeah, like when the matchmaker puts my clan of adults against a clan of 7-year-olds. Wait, which of us is cheating in that scenario?
    Last edited by littledoctor; July 26th, 2017 at 03:51 PM.

  10. #210
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1,153
    Quote Originally Posted by strandwolfza View Post
    everything that isn't fair (in the sense that it gives someone an unfair advantage over someone else) can also be called cheating
    Well going by that standard, engineering is perfectly fair because if you call it cheating on the forums, the post will be deleted and I have seen posters banned. Can't call it cheating = fair?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •