Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now that it's gone

Now that it's gone

Do you miss the reputation point system. For me I miss being able to write to that person directly and let them know what it is that I did or didn't like about their post. How many wish they'd bring it back and how many would not.
    I for one would love to see it make a comeback!!

There are times I wish we did have the reputation system -- I'd gladly +1 a lot of posts!

But upvoting only. I have no interest in the drama that downvoting would bring....

Nope. It was pointless & I'm glad it's gone.

There's absolutely no need to contact people privately to tell them what you did or didn't like about their post. Presumably they didn't ask for, or need, your approval.

If you really must contact them privately, then PM them, it's easy enough.
    KIK: SmallChange2015

Achievements: 132/135 * Mastered: 38/39 * Barn/Silo: Never Big Enough!!

🇬🇧 GMT+1. Trade with existing GC or Farm Tags (No FB - sorry)

Quote Originally Posted by SmallChange View Post
    Nope. It was pointless & I'm glad it's gone.

There's absolutely no need to contact people privately to tell them what you did or didn't like about their post. Presumably they didn't ask for, or need, your approval.

If you really must contact them privately, then PM them, it's easy enough.
    True, but IMO it was just easier to do that with the little button that was under the persons post.

I think that voicing for a thread or post is most appreciated when it is done as a responding post. It carries the conversation further and sustains the life of the forum. If someone wants to send a PM, that is still possible.

Once upon a time, there was a way you could give support to a thread that translated into little stars that appeared in the title line on the forum page. Bringing back something like that would be nice. It would be especially nice if it could be done for individual posts, too. As I'm scrolling through pages and pages of popular threads, if there were stars on a few posts I could read those in detail...not that I don't read every post carefully!
    Last edited by MiniGardener; July 17th, 2017 at 06:33 PM.

Farm Level 107 | Town 33 | Achievements 135/141

Upvoting a post is a good idea, but the system we had upvoted a person. You don't need downvoting, then, because a lack of upvotes can do the work for you, hey presto, as if life wasn't crappy enough some days you are now officially ... an unupvoted person.
    What a tragic feature to install.
    VOTE HERE for a Derby Gift Catalogue.

Enable diamond confirmation --- but beware: it only works in some places! ❇click for info❇
    Of Chill Reputations ~ join a cool neighbourhood

Quote Originally Posted by MNmoose View Post
    Do you miss the reputation point system. For me I miss being able to write to that person directly and let them know what it is that I did or didn't like about their post. How many wish they'd bring it back and how many would not.
    I for one would love to see it make a comeback!!
    No. Not at all. I saw nothing good in it.

If you want to engage with a person to tell then you liked their post, you can post a reply or PM them.

Lev 129/Rep Lev 34 US Central Time Zone (GMT-6) FIELD ARTIST, STORYTELLER, and FROG WRANGLER 131/132 AchievementsProud Graduate of the University of Texas -- HOOK 'EM HORNS!! Thx PEACHIE for AWESOME sig pic! DONE with permit land 11 Sep 17 - this has been a BORING grind. Ditto Puzzle Pieces: Not interested in the sanctuary enough to track anymore.

Majority of the Hay Day forum voted to have it eliminated, so it's gone.

I believe the feature only works in the two Clash forums now.
    Former Clasher
    Hay Day Farmer Lv 75, Town 22
    Town Hall overhaul needed

I liked the ability to "like" a post. So often I read something very helpful or funny and I wish I could let that person know it easily. Even if I make a comment to tell them, there's no way to know if they will come back to that thread and see it. No need for rep I don't think though. I like what minigardener said about the stars. I wasn't around for that but it seems helpful.

* Edited for typos *
    Last edited by Mommahov; July 18th, 2017 at 03:11 AM.
    Level 117. All machines but one mastered. 136/141 achievements. Scorched earth challenge survivor.

Quote Originally Posted by pitchfork View Post
    Upvoting a post is a good idea, but the system we had upvoted a person. You don't need downvoting, then, because a lack of upvotes can do the work for you, hey presto, as if life wasn't crappy enough some days you are now officially ... an unupvoted person.
    What a tragic feature to install.
    Good call, I would have been more inclined to support such a system as well. Like the post, not the person. That would help take the childish popularity & (perceived) personal attack nature out of it.

But giving an person reputation? Why? To create anxiety? Yeah, no thanks.
    Last edited by daz258; July 18th, 2017 at 03:19 AM.
    Former Clasher
    Hay Day Farmer Lv 75, Town 22
    Town Hall overhaul needed