Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: For all the naysayers to a hog and ebarb nerf...

Quote Originally Posted by Megatech10 View Post
    Did they do anything useful, or worth 6 elixer, most of the time?
    I'm a huge user of the elite barb and although I'd hate to see them be nerfed since they're my win condition card they do need to be nerfed.. I run a Valkyrie eBarb combo and it's not very often that I get stopped with it.. super overpowered and you don't even wanna know what happens when I mix a clone spell into it and have 4 elite barbs and 2 valks spamming on a tower.. needless to say people get angry xD I love the card but it needs a nerf.

I'm challenger 1/2 and I see EB/Hog/Bandit every game. They're punish cards. I guarantee they wouldn't be complaint about so often if both players came into the game at the same time. When you see hog/EB pushing towards you before your cards have even shown up, you're gonna take a beating.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanphear View Post
    I'm a huge user of the elite barb and although I'd hate to see them be nerfed since they're my win condition card they do need to be nerfed.. I run a Valkyrie eBarb combo and it's not very often that I get stopped with it.. super overpowered and you don't even wanna know what happens when I mix a clone spell into it and have 4 elite barbs and 2 valks spamming on a tower.. needless to say people get angry xD I love the card but it needs a nerf.
    Whats your trophy range? I think anyone over 3000 would absolutely destroy ur push. Also, they arent good right now because the have tons of counters.

Ironically, it's not where you would expect.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinMoo View Post
    You all know the schpeel. And I know there are a lot that disagree. But just because there is one or two counters to the card, does not mean I want to use that counter in my deck. They're obviously great cards because I face an elite barb deck or a hog rider deck pretty much every person I faced 5 in a row.

To the certain ones that disagree, y'all like that one smart kid in class who got a 95% so no one got a curve. Please stop giving Supercell a reason to leave these over-popular cards alone.

Legendary Arena.
    There are dozens of cards that counter both of them. Some counter both for a package deal. Hog Rider is easily pulled by buildings despite contrary belief, and Elite Barbarians can be countered by mini tanks, swarms, buildings, or anything that can pull them in range of the other arena tower. You might have one in your deck currently and not even realize it.

There is only one playstyle that doesn't require skill. It is to complain on the forums for a nerf to a deck that beats you consistently. Those people cry here because they lack the skills to successfully counter certain cards.

Centennial Club
    Ebarbs need a Rarity change then a slight BUFF. Hog just needs Auto Pig Push to be removed. The reason I say Ebarbs need a buff is because they're trash when card levels are even. That's why you never see them in top 200, GC's, or in meta decks. If they were buffed then people with maxed Ebarbs could climb out of mid 4k and into 5k+. Which will make it easier for people to climb higher on ladder.

Hog gets value due to cheap cycle cards/decks. Nerf the Knight's hp by like 5% and remove the Auto Pig Push will result in making their pushes more expensive. Which will result in slower cycles and higher skill caps for The Bacon in general.

a place where i can look perfectly at the stars and the moon
    Quote Originally Posted by adamjnet View Post
    There are not "one or two counters". There are about 30 cards in the game that are effective vs. both these cards.

They are not "obviously great cards" to good players, because they don't use them.
    he said it. there are several cards in the game that can be great counters for others, even a rage in the tower can be a counter (not a good idea although) to counter properly a card all it requires is a good timing, proper positioning of the card and know how to take the elixir advantage and predict your opponent.
    im a wolf in love with the moon

Forum Veteran
    Of course you should change your deck to account for specific cards. Your deck should always be prepared for any card.

Would you use this deck or consider it viable:
    Clone
    Heal
    Cannon
    Freeze
    Tesla
    Bomb Tower
    Inferno Tower
    Rage

Of course you wouldn't! Some decks are better than others. Why can't the community just understand this?
    Let me get something cleared up: This is NOT a game where you complete everything within a few hours, delete the app, and move on to the next game. This is a game that requires a long time to get to the top. This is NOT a game that is handed to you on a silver platter. You can't win 100% of the time. So don't complain about everything that you lose to. Please.
    Early Level 10 - 68/74 cards - PB 3200 - Bomber User - P2W and proud ($15 spent) - Temporarily Retired

Quote Originally Posted by adamjnet View Post
    There are not "one or two counters". There are about 30 cards in the game that are effective vs. both these cards.

They are not "obviously great cards" to good players, because they don't use them.
    30 cards is an enormous exaggeration. You seem to forget that a push can be followed by any other counters to your "30 counters". That's not an argument whatsoever. What really stands out is that these cards are overused, and while it's iffy on Ebarbs, I 100% stand by my Hog statement. "30 counters" please. If a card had 30 counters, I sure wouldn't use it.
    Last edited by KevinMoo; July 18th, 2017 at 07:34 PM.

I started playing about 2 months ago. I'm in the jungle arena right now. I don't mind facing e-barbs or hog. I don't know what deck you're using but obviously you need to change some things. It sounds like you want supercell to change the balance to suit your deck. Does that seem like a reasonable request? By the way, I'm a pekka and graveyard deck player. I used lavaloon to get to arena 6. Full disclosure: I have used hog freeze and hog miner, but not on a regular basis. The hog is too easily countered but fun to play.
    Last edited by Jcrom0004; July 19th, 2017 at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanphear View Post
    This sounds like a dishonest post. I could easily counter this combination and keep an elixer advantage on you the whole game. Post your player tag so I can see some of your matches and I'll eat my words and sincerely apolochize.